Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #61
curb
curb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 not touch
oh, last question, is that img for k4nt?
curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #62
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
As mentioned in other posts, RUNME.sh is launched by a custom /var/local/mntus.params script.

If you erase /var/local by copying /dev/zero to /dev/mmcblk0p3, you must reinstall my custom /var/local/mntus.params using my data.tar.gz you can download in my SelectBoot first post. Did you do that? If not, do it -- drop my data.tar.gz on your USB drive, then reboot to reinstall mntus.params, then reboot AGAIN so it will run. When it runs, it looks for /mnt/us/RUNME.sh and *no* RUNME.done file.

Remember, to write /dev/mmcblk0p1, you should boot diags, so be sure to have an ENABLE_DIAGS file along with the RUNME.sh.

You say that you did "data.tar.gz" but there are many variations. Did you use the one from my "SelectBoot" first post? If so, did you make sure there is NO RUNME.done file? Because my mntus.params creates RUNME.done just before running RUNME.sh, to prevent calling it multiple times, RUNME.sh can only run once, until RUNME.done is deleted.

If your main linux kernel is damaged, you need to boot to diags mode, and you might need MfgTool to do that. After the above steps, try booting diags using MfgTool.

So.. verify that you installed MY data.tar.gz and not one of the many others available. Then after TWO reboots look for RUNME.done on your USB drive. This MUST work unless both main and diags partitions are damaged or your main or diags kernels are damaged.

You can ALWAYS recover by booting to fastboot with MfgTool, and flashing the diags kernel and the diags partition (if both damaged) and then booting diags with MfgTool and running SSH or RUNME,sh with linux commands to fix the main system partition. The only way this cannot work is if you are flashing bad image copies, or if you have hardware problems.

At this time, unplugging a kindle USB port, or rebooting the host PC, makes it drop out of fastboot mode (although it identifies as a fastboot device, it sits at the bist> prompt on the serial port)). To use both MfgTool and fastboot, you need to run one of the Operating Systems in VIrtualBox and pass the kindle USB device through to the VM, or you need to run coLinux (but I have not tried coLinux USB support yet). We are working on getting a windows version of fastboot running so you can stay completely in windows, and a working linux sb_loader so you can stay completely in linux, with no need for both operating systems.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #63
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curb View Post
oh, last question, is that img for k4nt?
Are you trying to debrick a k4nt? I did not know that. But the procedure should be the same EXCEPT no need to flash a diags partition -- the k4nt already has SSH enabled in the diags menu "Enable USBnet: N) U) Z) X)"...

The posted images at gitbrew are in a touch folder (see the URL) and are for the touch only.

I have made images of a k4nt 4.0.1 immediately after removing it new from the box. But I did not post them because of copyrights in them. Perhaps I could encourage somebody else to host k4nt images.

For legal reasons, it is best if you use your own good backup copies made from a working kindle the same model as yours. Do you know somebody with a working kindle like yours?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #64
curb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Are you trying to debrick a k4nt? I did not know that. But the procedure should be the same EXCEPT no need to flash a diags partition -- the k4nt already has SSH enabled in the diags menu "Enable USBnet: N) U) Z) X)"...

The posted images at gitbrew are in a touch folder (see the URL) and are for the touch only.

I have made images of a k4nt 4.0.1 immediately after removing it new from the box. But I did not post them because of copyrights in them. Perhaps I could encourage somebody else to host k4nt images.

For legal reasons, it is best if you use your own good backup copies made from a working kindle the same model as yours. Do you know somebody with a working kindle like yours?
none at all, this is the only kindle in my acquaintance
i just want to read some book and do not intend to study all these stuff until it bricked.

so, i should find some other way to get the backup?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #65
curb

Quote:
well, still questions.

i suppose the mmcblk0p1.img of 350mb is the backup, isn't it ?
then ,i should boot in diag mode, export usb, copy rumme.sh, and data.tar.gz

but, where should i put this mmcblk0p1?
copy to kindle, or to my pc, and where?
you overlooked my previous post
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #66
murz_07
Connoisseur
murz_07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
you should put it to /mnt/us, it is root folder in USB device mode.
Then you can boot in diags, enable USBnetwork and "dd" it to /dev/mmcblk0p1
murz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #67
geekmaster

These are temporary links, until we get better ones:

mmcblk0p1-k4-401.7z: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8z9ee8nd3ei2xkn
kernel-k4main-401.7z: (bad image, to be replaced)

As you can see in the names, the are 4.0.1 firmware for the k4. There is a main partition (to copy with dd), and a main kernel (to flash with fastboot, if required).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #68
curb

Quote:
These are temporary links, until we get better ones:

mmcblk0p1-k4-401.7z: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8z9ee8nd3ei2xkn
kernel-k4main-401.7z: (bad image, to be replaced)

As you can see in the names, the are 4.0.1 firmware for the k4. There is a main partition (to copy with dd), and a main kernel (to flash with fastboot, if required).
Invalid or Deleted File
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #69
geekmaster

Quote:
Invalid or Deleted File
???

The partition image is downloading fine for me. I will open it with 7-zip (used here for maximum compression) to extract it when the download is complete.

I used the much better 7-zip compression instead of gzip to save download bandwidth. Did you use 7-zip to extract ?

My download completed, and I extracted it with 7-zip, and again with WinRAR, and in both cases the successfully extracted files have matching md5sum.

I *did* upload an incorrectly extracted kernel image this morning when I was very tired, and I realized that and removed the bad link. Is that what you are referencing in your post?

Instead of manually extracting kernels from mmc0blk0 backup images, I will write a script to extract the kernel and initrd images, and I will post that so others can do the same without the pain I have to go through each time.

Quote:
Yeah, I was getting a bit "bleary eyed" (very tired). Sometimes I need more than two hours of sleep (this morning I got THREE hours of sleep). [ As I said before, there is plenty of time to sleep after you are dead. ]

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #70
curb

Quote:
???

The partition image is downloading fine for me. I will open it with 7-zip (used here for maximum compression) to extract it when the download is complete.

I used the much better 7-zip compression instead of gzip to save download bandwidth. Did you use 7-zip to extract ?

My download completed, and I extracted it with 7-zip, and again with WinRAR, and in both cases the successfully extracted files have matching md5sum.

I *did* upload an incorrectly extracted kernel image this morning when I was very tired, and I realized that and removed the bad link. Is that what you are referencing in your post?

Instead of manually extracting kernels from mmc0blk0 backup images, I will write a script to extract the kernel and initrd images, and I will post that so others can do the same without the pain I have to go through each time.

Yeah, I was getting a bit "bleary eyed" (very tired). Sometimes I need more than two hours of sleep (this morning I got THREE hours of sleep). [ As I said before, there is plenty of time to sleep after you are dead. ]
eh, our GREAT FIRE WALL blocked it...
through some little tool, it is downloading now

Really learnt a lot since the bricking
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #71
geekmaster

Quote:
eh, our GREAT FIRE WALL blocked it...
through some little tool, it is downloading now

Really learnt a lot since the bricking
That image file is the main system boot partition. A K4 already has SSH in its diags partition so no need for that. And you should not normally need kernel images (which can only be flashed with fastboot, or a special MfgTool profile if somebody makes one, or eventually with sb_loader when we get that working).
Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #72
curb

Quote:
???

Thanks so...so...so much!
my kindle unbricked !!
Aoooowesome!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #73
geekmaster

Quote:
Thanks so...so...so much!
my kindle unbricked !!
Aoooowesome!!!
You are welcome. I added your "Successful Debricking Report" to the first post in this thread.

UPDATE: I added the download link for the K4 mmcblk0p1 image file to the first post too.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #74
murz_07
Connoisseur
murz_07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
As mentioned in other posts, RUNME.sh is launched by a custom /var/local/mntus.params script.

If you erase /var/local by copying /dev/zero to /dev/mmcblk0p3, you must reinstall my custom /var/local/mntus.params using my data.tar.gz you can download in my SelectBoot first post. Did you do that? If not, do it -- drop my data.tar.gz on your USB drive, then reboot to reinstall mntus.params, then reboot AGAIN so it will run. When it runs, it looks for /mnt/us/RUNME.sh and *no* RUNME.done file.

Remember, to write /dev/mmcblk0p1, you should boot diags, so be sure to have an ENABLE_DIAGS file along with the RUNME.sh.

You say that you did "data.tar.gz" but there are many variations. Did you use the one from my "SelectBoot" first post? If so, did you make sure there is NO RUNME.done file? Because my mntus.params creates RUNME.done just before running RUNME.sh, to prevent calling it multiple times, RUNME.sh can only run once, until RUNME.done is deleted.

If your main linux kernel is damaged, you need to boot to diags mode, and you might need MfgTool to do that. After the above steps, try booting diags using MfgTool.

So.. verify that you installed MY data.tar.gz and not one of the many others available. Then after TWO reboots look for RUNME.done on your USB drive. This MUST work unless both main and diags partitions are damaged or your main or diags kernels are damaged.

You can ALWAYS recover by booting to fastboot with MfgTool, and flashing the diags kernel and the diags partition (if both damaged) and then booting diags with MfgTool and running SSH or RUNME,sh with linux commands to fix the main system partition. The only way this cannot work is if you are flashing bad image copies, or if you have hardware problems.

At this time, unplugging a kindle USB port, or rebooting the host PC, makes it drop out of fastboot mode (although it identifies as a fastboot device, it sits at the bist> prompt on the serial port)). To use both MfgTool and fastboot, you need to run one of the Operating Systems in VIrtualBox and pass the kindle USB device through to the VM, or you need to run coLinux (but I have not tried coLinux USB support yet). We are working on getting a windows version of fastboot running so you can stay completely in windows, and a working linux sb_loader so you can stay completely in linux, with no need for both operating systems.
dmesg.log:
Code:
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:03 UTC 1970 ***
*** export ***
export HOME='/'
export OLDPWD='/dev'
export PATH='/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin'
export PWD='/mnt/us'
export SHELL='/bin/sh'
export TERM='vt102'
export USER='root'
export VERBOSE='no'
export eink='fslepdc'
export prevlevel='N'
export runlevel='S'
*** idme ***
serial: B011
accel: 
mac: 28
mfg: CQ
pcbsn: 00614
config: 
bootmode: main
postmode: normal
*** df ***
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                62.2M     53.4M      5.7M  90% /
tmpfs                   124.9M      4.0K    124.9M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   124.9M         0    124.9M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p3           31.0M     10.3M     19.1M  35% /var/local
/dev/loop/0               3.3G    648.8M      2.6G  19% /mnt/us
*** mount ***
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=0k)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /var/local type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/us type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,errors=remount-ro)
*** /etc ***
drwxrwxr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             4 Nov  9  2011 TZ
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           199 Nov  9  2011 asound.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1117 Nov  9  2011 asound.state
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           100 Jan  1  1970 blkid.tab
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 default
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1175 Jan  1  1970 fstab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           746 Nov  9  2011 getty-diags
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           272 Nov  9  2011 group
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            33 Jan  1  1970 guid
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             7 Nov  9  2011 hostname
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            80 Nov  9  2011 hosts
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 init
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 init.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           830 Nov  9  2011 inittab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1180 Nov  9  2011 inputrc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            22 Nov  9  2011 issue
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            18 Jan  1  1970 kdb -> /etc/kdb.src/yoshi
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 kdb.src
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            29 Nov  9  2011 ld.so.cache -> /var/local/system/ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            14 Nov  9  2011 ld.so.conf
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov  9  2011 localtime -> /var/local/system/tz
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1035 Nov  9  2011 modprobe.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             5 Nov  9  2011 modules.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           106 Nov  9  2011 modules.yoshi
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           285 Nov  9  2011 motd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Nov  9  2011 mtab -> /proc/mounts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           429 Nov  9  2011 passwd
drwxrwxr-x    4 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ppp
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            22 Nov  9  2011 prettyversion.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           563 Nov  9  2011 profile
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1191 Nov  9  2011 protocols
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           512 Nov  9  2011 random-seed
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 rc.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 rcS.d
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov  9  2011 resolv.conf -> /var/run/resolv.conf
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 resolv.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           346 Jan  1  1970 shadow
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           371 Nov  9  2011 shadow-
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 sysconfig
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 syslog-ng
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           616 Nov  9  2011 tinyrot-files.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           867 Nov  9  2011 tinyrot.conf
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 udev
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 upstart
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            81 Nov  9  2011 version.txt
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Jan  1  1970 xorg.conf -> /var/local/xorg.conf
*** /etc/upstart ***
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          3499 Nov  9  2011 battery-diags
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9175 Nov  9  2011 bundlefuncs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9333 Nov  9  2011 diags
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9652 Nov  9  2011 display
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2291 Nov  9  2011 firsttime
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2493 Nov  9  2011 framework
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          8688 Nov  9  2011 functions
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1189 Nov  9  2011 init.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8767 Nov  9  2011 makexconfig
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2557 Nov  9  2011 poll_daemons
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1608 Nov  9  2011 prereg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          5374 Nov  9  2011 userstore
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1746 Nov  9  2011 wan
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2117 Nov  9  2011 zforce
*** /usr/local ***
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x    8 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ..
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 bin
*** /usr/local/bin ***
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dbclient -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dropbearconvert -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dropbearkey -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 scp -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2771 Nov  9  2011 usbnetwork
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          7180 Nov  9  2011 zforcediag
*** /usr/local/sbin ***
*** /var/local ***
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 .
drwxrwxr-x    9 root     root           180 Jan  1 00:00 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         77824 Aug  1  2011 appreg.db
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 audio
drwx------    3 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 blanket
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         37888 Aug  1  2011 cc.db
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 eink
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 java
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jan  1 00:08 log
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 purchase
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 reg
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 system
drwxrwxr-x   13 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 waf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1990 Aug  1  2011 xorg.conf
*** /var/local/wan ***
*** /var/local/system ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10  2011 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Aug  1  2011 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Aug  1  2011 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           316 Jan 17  2012 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24  2012 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Jan  1 00:00 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           132 Aug  1  2011 wifid.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             1 Aug  1  2011 wireless_enable
*** /mnt/us ***
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          8192 Jan  1 00:00 .
drwxrwxr-x    9 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 00:00 RUNME.done
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            93 Jan  1 00:00 RUNME.out
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           168 Jan  1  1980 USBnet.xml
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 audible
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 22  2012 bak
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           796 Feb 24  2012 data.tar.gz
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 diagnostic_logs
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         16384 Aug  1  2011 documents
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8502 Jan  1 00:00 gmdiags.log
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 music
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1343 Feb 24  2012 runme.sh
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 system
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 tts
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable
*** /var/local/system/mntus.params ***
MNTUS_PART_START=16
MNTUS_PART_OFFSET=8192
MNTUS_FATSIZE=32

## use actual size from fdisk (minus 8KB offset):
let MNTUS_PART_SIZE="`fdisk -l|grep FAT32|awk '{print $4}'`-8"

## if invalid size (normal during main boot),
## then use known size for each serial number:
if [ $MNTUS_PART_SIZE -lt 1000000 ]; then
  SER4=`grep Serial /proc/cpuinfo|cut -b12-15`
  case $SER4 in
  "B004"|"B005"       ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3567224 ;; # DX
  "B006"|"B008"|"B00A") MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3205336 ;; # K3
  "B009"              ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3510232 ;; # DXG
  "B00E"              ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=1423352 ;; # K4 (mini)
  "B00F"|"B011"       ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3377144 ;; # K5 (touch)
  *)
    ## unknown size, exit may erase USB Drive!
    eips -c
    eips  5 28 "This $SER4 Kindle is not supported..."
    eips 10 30 "(${MNTUS_PART_SIZE}KB USB Drive)"
    eips  7 32 "Removing installer files..."
    sleep 8
    ;;                   
  esac
fi

mount -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,offset=8192 /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/us
[ -f /mnt/us/RUNME.sh -a ! -f /mnt/us/RUNME.done ] && (
  touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
  sh /mnt/us/RUNME.sh 2>&1 >/mnt/us/RUNME.out
)
umount -d /mnt/us
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem read-only
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10  2011 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Aug  1  2011 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Aug  1  2011 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           316 Jan 17  2012 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24  2012 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Jan  1 00:00 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           132 Aug  1  2011 wifid.conf
*** DONE. ***
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:04 UTC 1970 ***
murz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #75
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
dmesg.log:
Code:
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:03 UTC 1970 ***
*** export ***
export HOME='/'

*** DONE. ***
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:04 UTC 1970 ***
Okay... it looks like you have SSH installed in diags. And with RUNME.sh you are running code as root... and you removed your serial number and other identifying info (good)... What is it you want to do here?

If you cannot boot main, you might have a bad script listed in the output messages. Or a missing script...

You can SSH in and fix the problem on the main system partition, or replace the partition with a good one with "dd" as documented may time in other posts.

You can change the bootmode from diags to main with:

idme -d --bootmode main
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
reboot

What else do you want to do here?

Tags
debricking