Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
When I used the data.tar.gz on the wiki page to run a RUNME.sh Kindle bricked.

I just used your data.tar.gz and sample RUNME.sh and Kindle recovered.
Thanks
You may have had a /var/local/mntusb.params file that was not compatible with your kindle version. My data.tar.gz replaced it with a mntus.params that is compatible with all the kindle versions that I have tested it with (DX, DXG, K3, K4 and Touch). The data.tar.gz only works on K4 and Touch, so you need an alternate way to deploy mntus.params on other kindle versions.

I am glad it helped you.

To EVERYBODY reading this thread: Remember, each kindle bricking problem is different, and my tools may not fix your problem, but may give you what you need to fix it yourself (if you know how to explore and repair with a RUNME.sh file). Of course, it gives you the power to make things worse if you have a bug in your RUNME.sh file, so be careful. Be extremely careful if your script deletes RUNME.done, because mntus.params runs twice during startup, and again at shutdown, and again when some scripts run. It needs a way to prevent an infinite boot loop, or hanging during startup. It is safer to make it only run one time and stop, like the sample RUNME.sh does. You can manually delete RUNME.done to run it again on the next boot.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #47
murz_07
Connoisseur
murz_07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
All you need to do is boot from diags and do "dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024" inside the "*** your stuff here ***" part of the sample recommended code in the post...
I can do it in a couple of days, but I thought people who KNOW how to do it (as I showed above in this PM) can make use of it now and do not need to wait a couple more days.
This doesnt work for me. I dont know what seems to be the problem, maybe jailbreak somehow got removed, because I RUNME.sh creates 2 files RUNME.{done, out} but nothing really happens. I still cant boot in main mode. Can you please make data.tar.gz create file RUNME.err with RUNME.sh output?

Anyway I will wait for TOTAL recovery tool to get my "brand new" Kindle out of bricked one.
murz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #48
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sample code

For those curious about the code inside the downloads I provided in the original (first) post in this thread, here it is:

RUNME.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
EIPS=/usr/sbin/eips
$EIPS -p
sleep 1
$EIPS 11 18 "                          "
$EIPS 11 19 "   RUNME.sh is running.   "
$EIPS 11 20 "                          "
sleep 3
Notice that "eips -p" displays a pretty pattern on the eInk display.

mntus.params (inside data.tar.gz)
Code:
MNTUS_PART_START=16
MNTUS_PART_OFFSET=8192
MNTUS_FATSIZE=32

## use actual size from fdisk (minus 8KB offset):
let MNTUS_PART_SIZE="`fdisk -l|grep FAT32|awk '{print $4}'`-8"

## if invalid size (normal during main boot),
## then use known size for each serial number:
if [ $MNTUS_PART_SIZE -lt 1000000 ]; then
  SER4=`grep Serial /proc/cpuinfo|cut -b12-15`
  case $SER4 in
  "B004"|"B005"       ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3567224 ;; # DX
  "B006"|"B008"|"B00A") MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3205336 ;; # K3
  "B009"              ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3510232 ;; # DXG
  "B00E"              ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=1423352 ;; # K4 (mini)
  "B00F"|"B011"       ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=3377144 ;; # K5 (touch)
  *)
    ## unknown size, exit may erase USB Drive!
    eips -c
    eips  5 28 "This $SER4 Kindle is not supported..."
    eips 10 30 "(${MNTUS_PART_SIZE}KB USB Drive)"
    eips  7 32 "Removing installer files..."
    sleep 8
    ;;                   
  esac
fi

mount -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,offset=8192 /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/us
[ -f /mnt/us/RUNME.sh -a ! -f /mnt/us/RUNME.done ] && (
  touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
  sh /mnt/us/RUNME.sh 2>&1 >/mnt/us/RUNME.out
)
umount -d /mnt/us
Notice that the *real* USB drive may not be mounted when this code runs. In fact, when booting from the main system partition, it is probably not detected, or shows up as a 0-byte "fake storage" device (for charging). That is why this script mounts the drive before calling RUNME.sh. Please do NOT modify this script unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

Notice also, that one of my "if - then - fi" blocks is missing the "if" and the "then" and the "fi". They are optional. I used them in the first one to make it easier to understand, because it has a case statement inside it.

Also, the "Removing installer files..." message is obsolete. I forgot to delete that line from the script file when I simplified it by using RUNME.done instead.

Although my code starts out large like the startup scripts in the kindles, I like to condense it down to "short and sweet" with white-space only where needed for clarification, as can be seen in the sample scripts above.

UPDATE: This looks like a useful addition to any RUNME.sh code:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=17

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
geekmaster

WARNING: Although the script shown below worked fine for me and other people, a couple of people reported that their kindles only boot to fastmode now after they repaired their kindles enough to boot to diags using the "display onlly" script provided with data.tar.gz (in first post), and then they used the script below to gather diagnostics information. Of course, the version they used was making a backup copy of mmcblk0p1 (now commented out) and they did not wait for this to complete before rebooting. It SHOULD be safe, but mysterious things happen when your kindle is messed up (especially if you do a hard reset while it is writing to a file). So please use this only at your own risk. Thanks.

Here is the RUNME.sh that I used to dump out a lot of useful information to gmdiags.log on the USB Drive. It might help you diagnose the problem with your main partition:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
(
cd /mnt/us
touch gmdiags.log

eips 5 2 "***    This is /mnt/us/RUNME.sh.   ***"
eips 5 4 "*** Put your custom commands here. ***"

echo "*** `date` ***"
echo "*** export ***"; export
echo "*** idme ***"; idme ?
echo "*** df ***"; df -h
echo "*** mount ***"; mount
echo "*** /etc ***"; ls -al /etc
echo "*** /etc/upstart ***"; ls -al /etc/upstart
echo "*** /usr/local ***"; ls -al /usr/local
echo "*** /usr/local/bin ***"; ls -al /usr/local/bin
echo "*** /usr/local/sbin ***"; ls -al /usr/local/sbin
echo "*** /var/local ***"; ls -al /var/local
echo "*** /var/local/wan ***"; ls -al /var/local/wan
echo "*** /var/local/system ***"; ls -al /var/local/system
echo "*** /mnt/us ***"; ls -al /mnt/us

mntroot rw

echo "*** /var/local/system/mntus.params ***"
cat /var/local/system/mntus.params

#echo "*** mmcblk0p1 files ***"
#mkdir -p /mnt/main
#mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/main
#cd /mnt/main
#find 

#echo "*** mmcblk0p2 files ***"
#mkdir -p /mnt/diags
#mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/diags
#cd /mnt/diags
#find

#echo "*** rem find ssh ***"
#cd /mnt/main
#find | grep dropbear
#cd /mnt/diags
#find | grep dropbear

umount -d /mnt/diags
umount -d /mnt/main

mntroot ro

echo "*** copy mmcblk0p1 ***"
## only backup the partition that you did NOT boot from
mkdir -p /mnt/us/backups/
cd /mnt/us/backups
#[ -e mmcblk0p1.img ] || dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=mmcblk0p1.img bs=1024
#[ -e mmcblk0p2.img ] || dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=mmcblk0p2.img bs=1024
[ -e var_local.tgz ] || tar zcvf var_local.tgz /var/local

ls -al /var/local/system

eips 5 14 "***    Exiting /mnt/us/RUNME.sh    ***"
echo "*** DONE. ***"
echo "*** `date` ***"
echo "**************************"

) 2>&1 >>/mnt/us/gmdiags.log
Notice that you can pipe the output of everything at one by wrapping it in parens, instead of piping every linux command.

The part that dumps out partitions to an image file assumes you booted from diags. To dump diags, you should boot from main. Otherwise the partition image can be corrupted when the running system changes files on it while you are copying the image. But even a little corruption can be fixed with fsck, so dumping both is better than not having them. Just be aware that a clean image should be dumped from a partition not currently being used. And besides, the images are ALWAYS dirty anyway, because the kindle creates them as ext3, then deletes the "lost & found" folder, and never does an fsck, even though it modifies things periodically with "mntroot rw". That could be why doing a "fastboot check system" fails with bad CRC32 (normal for a kindle after any changes to the root filesystem).

EDIT: I commented out the line in the script above that makes a backup copy of mmcblk0p1. This takes a long time. This might be a problem if the kindle battery is low. It would be better if the kindle was plugged into a power adapter while running this script. You need a way to get this new script onto your kindle, but it runs when booting to diags or main, so you just need to let it finish. It worked fine for me, but I did not reboot while it was in progress (like two others said they did). If you WANT a backup image, then uncomment it and WAIT for it to complete, while plugged into a USB power adapter.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #50
murz_07
Connoisseur

Code:
*** Thu Jan  1 00:01:27 UTC 1970 ***
*** export ***
*** idme ***
*** df ***
*** mount ***
*** /etc ***
*** /etc/upstart ***
*** /usr/local ***
*** /usr/local/bin ***
*** /usr/local/sbin ***
*** /var/local ***
*** /var/local/wan ***
*** /var/local/system ***
*** /mnt/us ***
*** /var/local/system/mntus.params ***
*** copy mmcblk0p1 ***
*** DONE. ***
*** Thu Jan  1 00:01:27 UTC 1970 ***
Thats all
What can be the problem?

Last edited by murz_07; 02-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #51
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Thats all
What can be the problem?
It looks like the commands followed by a semi-colon ";" worked, but commands ending with end-of-line did not work. You probably have carriage returns (CR, 0x0d) in the file, if you saved it from a Windows or a Mac editor. Linux commands normally end with linefeed-only (LF, 0x0a). Windows uses CR/LF. Macs (old ones) use CR-only.

As an experiment, you could try adding " # " (comment) to the end of the lines, which should make the last command on the line work properly because only a comment will then be damaged by the Windows CR character. If you use a Mac that puts only CR line-endings in the file, the commands on all lines up to the next LF character might become comments. Following the last command on a line with another semi-colon instead of a " # " may work as well (even on an old Mac). But the right thing to do is to remove CR characters, if that is the problem.

You could open it in a hex editor and search for 0x0d characters to see if that is the problem. Try using a programmer's editor that lets you save files in linux format with linefeed-only (LF, 0x0a) required for most scripts that run in linux systems like the kindle. Or use a conversion utility to change the line endings (if that is the problem).

Another thing I planned to add to this particular RUNME.sh, but did not do yet, is dumping out the system log messages, like this:

echo "*** dmesg ***"; dmesg

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #52
murz_07
Connoisseur

Yes, this seems to be the problem, coz RUNME.sh that you provided works just fine if I dont modify it. So what utility can I use for this conversation? (sorry for stupid question)
Found it http://www.pnotepad.org/

Last edited by murz_07; 02-24-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #53
murz_07
Connoisseur

Yes, now I see a lot of meaningless symbols
Can you say something?
Code:
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:03 UTC 1970 ***
*** export ***
export HOME='/'
export OLDPWD='/dev'
export PATH='/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin'
export PWD='/mnt/us'
export SHELL='/bin/sh'
export TERM='vt102'
export USER='root'
export VERBOSE='no'
export eink='fslepdc'
export prevlevel='N'
export runlevel='S'
*** idme ***
serial: B011************
accel: 
mac: XXXXXXXXXXX
mfg: CQVPFAX8GXXXXXXXXX
pcbsn: 0061401XXXXXXXXXX
config: 
bootmode: main
postmode: normal
*** df ***
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                62.2M     53.4M      5.7M  90% /
tmpfs                   124.9M      4.0K    124.9M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   124.9M         0    124.9M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p3           31.0M     10.3M     19.1M  35% /var/local
/dev/loop/0               3.3G    648.8M      2.6G  19% /mnt/us
*** mount ***
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=0k)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /var/local type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/us type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,errors=remount-ro)
*** /etc ***
drwxrwxr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             4 Nov  9  2011 TZ
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           199 Nov  9  2011 asound.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1117 Nov  9  2011 asound.state
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           100 Jan  1  1970 blkid.tab
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 default
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1175 Jan  1  1970 fstab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           746 Nov  9  2011 getty-diags
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           272 Nov  9  2011 group
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            33 Jan  1  1970 guid
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             7 Nov  9  2011 hostname
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            80 Nov  9  2011 hosts
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 init
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 init.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           830 Nov  9  2011 inittab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1180 Nov  9  2011 inputrc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            22 Nov  9  2011 issue
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            18 Jan  1  1970 kdb -> /etc/kdb.src/yoshi
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 kdb.src
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            29 Nov  9  2011 ld.so.cache -> /var/local/system/ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            14 Nov  9  2011 ld.so.conf
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov  9  2011 localtime -> /var/local/system/tz
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1035 Nov  9  2011 modprobe.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             5 Nov  9  2011 modules.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           106 Nov  9  2011 modules.yoshi
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           285 Nov  9  2011 motd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Nov  9  2011 mtab -> /proc/mounts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           429 Nov  9  2011 passwd
drwxrwxr-x    4 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ppp
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            22 Nov  9  2011 prettyversion.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           563 Nov  9  2011 profile
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1191 Nov  9  2011 protocols
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           512 Nov  9  2011 random-seed
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 rc.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 rcS.d
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov  9  2011 resolv.conf -> /var/run/resolv.conf
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 resolv.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           346 Jan  1  1970 shadow
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           371 Nov  9  2011 shadow-
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 sysconfig
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 syslog-ng
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           616 Nov  9  2011 tinyrot-files.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           867 Nov  9  2011 tinyrot.conf
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 udev
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 upstart
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            81 Nov  9  2011 version.txt
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Jan  1  1970 xorg.conf -> /var/local/xorg.conf
*** /etc/upstart ***
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          3499 Nov  9  2011 battery-diags
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9175 Nov  9  2011 bundlefuncs
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9333 Nov  9  2011 diags
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9652 Nov  9  2011 display
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2291 Nov  9  2011 firsttime
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2493 Nov  9  2011 framework
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          8688 Nov  9  2011 functions
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1189 Nov  9  2011 init.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8767 Nov  9  2011 makexconfig
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2557 Nov  9  2011 poll_daemons
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1608 Nov  9  2011 prereg
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          5374 Nov  9  2011 userstore
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1746 Nov  9  2011 wan
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2117 Nov  9  2011 zforce
*** /usr/local ***
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x    8 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ..
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 bin
*** /usr/local/bin ***
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 .
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov  9  2011 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dbclient -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dropbearconvert -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 dropbearkey -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Nov  9  2011 scp -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2771 Nov  9  2011 usbnetwork
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          7180 Nov  9  2011 zforcediag
*** /usr/local/sbin ***
*** /var/local ***
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 .
drwxrwxr-x    9 root     root           180 Jan  1 00:00 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         77824 Aug  1  2011 appreg.db
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 audio
drwx------    3 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 blanket
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         37888 Aug  1  2011 cc.db
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 eink
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 java
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jan  1 00:08 log
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 purchase
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 reg
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 system
drwxrwxr-x   13 root     root          1024 Aug  1  2011 waf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1990 Aug  1  2011 xorg.conf
*** /var/local/wan ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10  2011 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Aug  1  2011 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Aug  1  2011 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           316 Jan 17  2012 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24  2012 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Jan  1 00:00 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           132 Aug  1  2011 wifid.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             1 Aug  1  2011 wireless_enable
*** /mnt/us ***
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          8192 Jan  1 00:00 .
drwxrwxr-x    9 root     root          1024 Jan  1  1970 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 00:00 RUNME.done
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            93 Jan  1 00:00 RUNME.out
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           168 Jan  1  1980 USBnet.xml
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 audible
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 22  2012 bak
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           796 Feb 24  2012 data.tar.gz
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 diagnostic_logs
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         16384 Aug  1  2011 documents
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8502 Jan  1 00:00 gmdiags.log
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 music
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1343 Feb 24  2012 runme.sh
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          8192 Aug  1  2011 system
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 tts
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable
MNTUS_PART_START=16
MNTUS_PART_OFFSET=8192
MNTUS_FATSIZE=32

case $SER4 in
  *)
    eips -c
    sleep 8
    ;;                   
  esac
fi

touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
)
umount -d /mnt/us
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem read-only
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Jan  1 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 default  default       1024 Feb 24  2012 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10  2011 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Aug  1  2011 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Aug  1  2011 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           316 Jan 17  2012 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug  1  2011 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24  2012 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Jan  1 00:00 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           132 Aug  1  2011 wifid.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             1 Aug  1  2011 wireless_enable
*** DONE. ***
*** Thu Jan  1 00:00:04 UTC 1970 ***

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-24-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Remove user's serial number.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #54
geekmaster

Quote:
Yes, this seems to be the problem, coz RUNME.sh that you provided works just fine if I dont modify it. So what utility can I use for this conversation? (sorry for stupid question)
Found it http://www.pnotepad.org/
By "programmer's editor" I meant any editor that will let you save in linux format. I have been using "Programmer's Notepad 2" a lot lately (the one in your link), and nano when using a linux terminal, or vi on kindles that do not yet have nano installed. I have a static-compiled nano that does not need any libraries, and "just works" in my kindles. There are many other editors that can save in linux format if you select that from the options menus. I like "smart" editors that save a file in whatever format it used when it was opened, and allow selecting line endings for new files when you select "Save As...". Use whatever you want to that does the job.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #55
geekmaster

Quote:
Yes, now I see a lot of meaningless symbols
Can you say something?
Yes... "something".

But seriously, I can see that your /var/local is only 35% full, so that is not the problem.

That script should also have saved a backup copy file mmcblk0p1.img on your USB Drive. You can mount this in linux to examine the main root partition and see what caused the bricking problem. There are windows programs that can mount linux filesystems in image files like mmcblk0p1.img also, and let you browse them. Then you can add lines to RUNME.sh to fix that problem after doing:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmc

Then change stuff inside /mnt/mmc (carefully) to repair whatever damage you found when analyzing the backup file.

SUGGESTION: You have identifying info (pcbsn and serial number and mac address) that you should probably partially mask with "XXXXXX" to prevent "identity theft" (such as unathorized purchases to your amazon account by cloning your kindle identity). I recommend keeping the left-most 4 characters and changing the rest to X characters. You should edit that post...

UPDATE: A sysop fixed your serial number after I asked for "divine intervention" from above.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #56
murz_07
Connoisseur

I just tryed to execute
Code:
mntroot rw
dd if=/mnt/us/bak/mmcblk0p1.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024
mntroot ro
But all I saw was the "kindle tree"
I waited for about 15 minutes and then I had to reboot it in diags mode. It booted normally.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #57
murz_07
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
SUGGESTION: You have identifying info (pcbsn and serial number and mac address) that you should probably partially mask with "XXXXXX" to prevent "identity theft". I recommend keeping the left-most 4 characters and changing the rest to X characters. You should edit that post...
Thats too late
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #58
geekmaster

Quote:
Thats too late
No, it is NOT too late... You can (and should) edit that old post. Use the Edit button on it.

EDIT: I see that you MOSTLY fixed it now. You should still mask all but the first 4 characters of "Serial", which is still shown in full. You missed the most important item.

UPDATE: A sysop fixed your serial number after I asked for "divine intervention" from above.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #59
geekmaster

Quote:
I just tryed to execute
Code:
mntroot rw
dd if=/mnt/us/bak/mmcblk0p1.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024
mntroot ro
But all I saw was the "kindle tree"
I waited for about 15 minutes and then I had to reboot it in diags mode. It booted normally.
It takes a long time to make that backup image. If you want to skip it, comment out that line like this:

#[ -e mmcblk0p1.img ] || dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=mmcblk0p1.img bs=1024

But if it already created a partial image, it should skip that backup automatically (unless you delete the partial backup file). Just comment out that line as shown above.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #60
ItsMee
ItsMee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
messed up?

Hi,

its feels I messed up bad :-) Hope you can convince me otherwise.

- Started out with jailbreak and ssh access. Thought it would be nice to block amazon ads via /etc/hosts, while doing that i messed up passwd by replacing sh with bash (which exists) for root.
- Stupid to do that without 2nd ssh session - locked me from root as I got permission denied afterwards. Setting password with ";un password pass" as i ad done earlier didn't help

- Was still able to boot etc.. But wanted root back. Used custom RUNME.sh to sed back passwd.
- Not sure how, but I ended up with a Kindle that stops at Kindle start screen with tree and reading person

- Searched for Kindle Touch recovery and found your site. Helpful stuff!
- Was able to get into diagnosis. Was able to patch back /etc/passwd

So I'm still stuck:
1) Kindle boots only via MfgTool. No reaction to power button / hw reset at all
2) Not sure how to diagnose? See attached log as per your advice
3) No way to recovery by flashing back a backup partion via dd? If so - where to get one w/o buying a second kindle?

ItsMee

Code:
*** Fri Feb 24 20:30:14 UTC 2012 ***
*** mount ***
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=32768k)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /var/local type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/us type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,errors=remount-ro)
*** /proc/partitions ***
major minor  #blocks  name

7        0    3377144 loop0
 179        0    3866624 mmcblk0
 179        1     358400 mmcblk0p1
 179        2      65536 mmcblk0p2
 179        3      32768 mmcblk0p3
 179        4    3377152 mmcblk0p4
*** /etc/passwd ***
root:x:0:0:root:/tmp/root:/bin/sh
daemon:x:1:1:daemon:/usr/sbin:/bin/sh
bin:x:2:2:bin:/bin:/bin/sh
sys:x:3:3:sys:/dev:/bin/sh
sync:x:4:100:sync:/bin:/bin/sync
operator:x:37:37:Operator:/var:/bin/sh
sshd:x:103:99:Operator:/var:/bin/sh
messagebus:x:92:92:messagebus:/bin/false
nobody:x:99:99:nobody:/tmp:/bin/sh
default:x:1000:1000:Default non-root user:/dev/null:/bin/sh
framework:x:9000:150:Framework User:/tmp/framework:/bin/sh
*** export ***
export INSTANCE=''
export JOB='syslog'
export LANG='en_US.utf8'
export LC_ALL='en_US.utf8'
export OLDPWD='/'
export PATH='/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin'
export PWD='/mnt/us'
export TERM='linux'
export UPSTART_EVENTS='started loaded_fuse started'
export UPSTART_INSTANCE=''
export UPSTART_JOB='filesystems'
*** idme ***
serial: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
accel: 
mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx
mfg: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pcbsn: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
config: 
bootmode: fastboot
postmode: normal
*** df ***
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root               340.2M    212.3M    110.8M  66% /
tmpfs                   124.9M     72.0K    124.8M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   124.9M         0    124.9M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                    32.0M    104.0K     31.9M   0% /var
/dev/mmcblk0p3           31.0M     10.5M     18.9M  36% /var/local
/dev/loop/0               3.2G    651.8M      2.6G  20% /mnt/us
*** mount ***
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=32768k)
*** /etc ***
drwxr-xr-x   35 root     root          2048 Feb 24 15:26 .
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:23 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             4 Nov 10 08:12 TZ
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:20 X11
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           202 Nov 10 08:12 asound.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1117 Nov 10 08:12 asound.state
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 audio
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           499 Nov 10 08:12 battcheck.conf
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 crontab
drwxrwxr-x    4 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:13 dbus-1
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 default
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            18 Feb 24 15:23 epoch.txt
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:24 fonts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1128 Nov 10 08:12 fstab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           272 Nov 10 08:12 group
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:24 gtk-2.0
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            33 Jan  1  1970 guid
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             7 Nov 10 08:12 hostname
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           122 Feb 24 14:42 hosts
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Nov 10 09:25 init -> /etc/upstart
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 09:25 init.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1041 Nov 10 08:12 inittab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1180 Nov 10 08:12 inputrc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            22 Nov 10 08:12 issue
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            18 Jan  1  1970 kdb -> /etc/kdb.src/yoshi
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:23 kdb.src
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            29 Nov 10 09:25 ld.so.cache -> /var/local/system/ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            14 Nov 10 08:12 ld.so.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            23 Nov 10 08:12 ld.so.preload
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1002 Nov 10 08:12 lipc-daemon-events.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           823 Nov 10 08:12 lipc-daemon-props.conf
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov 10 09:25 localtime -> /var/local/system/tz
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           801 Nov 10 08:15 mke2fs.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1035 Nov 10 08:12 modprobe.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             5 Nov 10 08:12 modules.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           106 Nov 10 08:12 modules.yoshi
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           285 Nov 10 08:12 motd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Nov 10 09:24 mtab -> /proc/mounts
drwxrwxr-x    6 root     root          1024 Nov 10 09:25 network
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1686 Aug 27  2009 nsswitch.conf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:24 pango
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           429 Oct  1 00:00 passwd
drwxrwxr-x    4 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 ppp
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            30 Feb 24 15:23 prettyversion.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           585 Nov 10 08:12 profile
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:14 profile.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1191 Nov 10 08:12 protocols
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           512 Nov 10 08:12 random-seed
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 rc.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc0.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc1.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc2.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc3.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc4.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc5.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rc6.d
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:08 rcS.d
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Nov 10 09:25 resolv.conf -> /var/run/resolv.conf
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 resolv.d
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         10873 Nov 10 08:12 services
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           371 Feb 24 15:26 shadow
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           371 Feb 24 15:00 shadow-
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 ssl
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 sysconfig
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 syslog-ng
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:19 sysv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         19824 Aug 27  2009 termcap
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           668 Nov 10 08:12 tinyrot-files.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           867 Nov 10 08:12 tinyrot.conf
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 todo
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:14 udev
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:50 uks
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1179 Nov 10 08:12 updater.conf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          2048 Feb 24 15:24 upstart
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            79 Feb 24 15:23 version.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            84 Nov 10 08:19 wpa_supplicant.conf
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:12 xdg
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Nov 10 08:20 xorg
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Jan  1  1970 xorg.conf -> /var/local/xorg.conf
*** /etc/upstart ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          2048 Feb 24 15:24 .
drwxr-xr-x   35 root     root          2048 Feb 24 15:26 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           304 Nov 10 08:12 acxmgrd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           413 Nov 10 08:12 appmgrd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           156 Nov 10 08:12 archive.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           251 Nov 10 08:12 audio.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          3943 Nov 10 08:12 battery
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           281 Nov 10 08:12 battery.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          3052 Nov 10 08:12 blanket_functions
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         10049 Nov 10 08:12 bundlefuncs
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           868 Nov 10 08:12 cmd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           878 Nov 10 08:12 console.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           121 Nov 10 08:12 cron.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 501      staff          559 Jan 15 22:38 custom_screensaver.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           423 Nov 10 08:12 dbus.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9780 Nov 10 08:12 display
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           317 Nov 10 08:12 display.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           158 Nov 10 08:12 dynconfig.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           384 Nov 10 08:12 env
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          2592 Nov 10 08:12 filesystems.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2321 Nov 10 08:12 firsttime
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          3650 Feb 24 15:23 framework
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1234 Nov 10 08:12 framework.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          3006 Nov 10 08:12 framework_setup.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          8652 Nov 10 08:12 functions
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1189 Nov 10 08:12 init.sh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           132 Nov 10 08:12 kb.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           142 Nov 10 08:12 kindle.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           182 Nov 10 08:12 lab126.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1785 Nov 10 08:12 lab126_gui.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1071 Nov 10 08:12 lab126_gui_monitor.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           252 Nov 10 08:12 lab126_gui_setup.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1549 Nov 10 08:12 langpicker.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           171 Nov 10 08:12 lipcd.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8798 Nov 10 08:12 makexconfig
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           118 Nov 10 08:12 mcsd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1171 Nov 10 08:12 modules.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          3199 Nov 10 08:12 monitor_functions
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           283 Nov 10 08:12 network.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1395 Nov 10 08:12 ota-update.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           143 Nov 10 08:12 otaupd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1252 Nov 10 08:12 passwdlg.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1290 Nov 10 08:12 perf.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            98 Nov 10 08:12 phd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           332 Nov 10 08:12 pillow.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           142 Nov 10 08:12 poll_daemons.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           234 Nov 10 08:12 powerd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          3113 Nov 10 08:12 prereg.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           110 Nov 10 08:12 proxylog.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           327 Nov 10 08:12 recevent.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           299 Nov 10 08:12 scanner.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          2145 Nov 10 08:12 shutdown.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           669 Nov 10 08:12 shutdown_modes
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2522 Nov 10 08:12 shutdown_showimage
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         10227 Feb 24 15:23 shutdown_special
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           655 Nov 10 08:12 splash
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           310 Nov 10 08:12 splash.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           257 Nov 10 08:12 sshd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           200 Nov 10 08:12 syslog.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4312 Nov 10 08:12 system.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1504 Nov 10 08:12 system_monitor.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           281 Nov 10 08:12 system_setup.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           739 Nov 10 08:12 testd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            84 Nov 10 08:12 tmd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            88 Nov 10 08:12 todo.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1807 Nov 10 08:12 ttsd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          3649 Nov 10 08:12 upstart_functions
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           231 Nov 10 08:12 usbnet-autostart.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           203 Nov 10 08:12 usbnetd.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          5374 Nov 10 08:12 userstore
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           490 Nov 10 08:12 vnc.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           197 Nov 10 08:12 volumd.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1807 Nov 10 08:12 wan
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           744 Nov 10 08:12 wand.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           789 Nov 10 08:12 wifid.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           690 Nov 10 08:12 wifim.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           801 Nov 10 08:12 wifis.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1833 Nov 10 08:12 x.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           640 Nov 10 08:12 x_setup.conf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          2117 Nov 10 08:12 zforce
*** /usr/local ***
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 .
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root          1024 Feb 24 15:23 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 bin
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 etc
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 sbin
*** /usr/local/bin ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 .
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb 24 14:52 dbclient -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb 24 14:52 dropbearconvert -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb 24 14:52 dropbearkey -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        170840 Sep  3 02:01 dropbearmulti
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb 24 14:52 scp -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           666 Dec 11 17:20 usbnetwork.sh
*** /usr/local/sbin ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 .
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            28 Feb 24 14:52 dropbear -> /usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
*** /var/local ***
drwxr-xr-x   13 default  default       1024 Feb 24 20:22 .
drwxrwxr-x   10 root     root           200 Nov 10 09:25 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         78848 Feb 24 20:22 appreg.db
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:46 audio
drwx------    3 root     root          1024 Feb 24 16:19 blanket
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         38912 Feb 24 16:21 cc.db
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:46 eink
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          1024 Feb 24 16:19 java
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 16:22 log
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:46 purchase
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:46 reg
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Feb 24 20:22 system
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Feb 24 14:52 token
drwxrwxr-x   13 root     root          1024 Feb 24 20:22 waf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     staff         1024 Feb 24 14:50 wan
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1990 Feb 24 16:19 xorg.conf
*** /var/local/wan ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     staff         1024 Feb 24 14:50 .
drwxr-xr-x   13 default  default       1024 Feb 24 20:22 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 501      staff          188 Jan 29 05:00 ._info
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Feb 24 20:22 .
-rwxr-xr-x    1 501      staff          188 Jan 29 05:00 ._mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 14:45 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10 08:12 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Feb 24 16:19 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Feb 24 20:22 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     staff          121 Dec 30 15:56 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 14:46 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24 07:45 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Feb 24 16:22 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           276 Feb 24 20:22 wifid.conf
*** /mnt/us ***
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          8192 Feb 24 20:30 .
drwxrwxr-x    8 root     root          1024 Nov 10 09:25 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        520674 Feb 24 17:08 KindleSelectBoot.zip
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 20:30 RUNME.done
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 20:30 RUNME.out
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 24 14:46 audible
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Oct  1 00:02 backups
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 diagnostic_logs
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          8192 Feb 24 14:50 documents
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         17266 Feb 24 20:30 gmdiags.log
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 24 14:46 music
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1814 Feb 24  2012 runme.sh
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          8192 Feb 24 16:22 system
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          8192 Jan  1  1980 tts
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable
MNTUS_PART_START=16
MNTUS_PART_OFFSET=8192
MNTUS_FATSIZE=32

case $SER4 in
  *)
    eips -c
    sleep 8
    ;;                   
  esac
fi

touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
)
umount -d /mnt/us
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem read-only
*** copy mmcblk0p1 ***
drwxr-xr-x    2 default  default       1024 Feb 24 20:22 .
-rwxr-xr-x    1 501      staff          188 Jan 29 05:00 ._mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 14:45 factory_fresh
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           160 Nov 10 08:12 hid.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           375 Feb 24 16:19 keyboard.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         36588 Feb 24 20:22 ld.so.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 root     staff          121 Dec 30 15:56 locale
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Feb 24 14:46 localvar_firstboot
-rwxr-xr-x    1 default  default       1147 Feb 24 07:45 mntus.params
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             2 Feb 24 16:22 vfat_bootup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           276 Feb 24 20:22 wifid.conf
*** DONE. ***

Last edited by ItsMee; 02-24-2012 at 03:37 PM.
ItsMee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking, kindle mx50 select boot