Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #61
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
As I have just discovered before reading your post

However, there is an interesting side effect of calling Duokan via the 3 files in your zip, in that plugging in USB does not bring up Kindle as a storage device on my computer. I have to switch to Kindle mode to do that. Prior to installing these 3 files, each time I've plugged in K3 running Duokan Lite, to my mac, it has appeared correctly allowing me to transfer files, along with the USB icon & associated Chinese text.

I wonder if it's a result of K3 having 3.3 firmware?
As I mention in first post this script doesn't load Duokan completely. You should use others to use USB connection , to be able to read ePub,...etc see first post
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #62
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clark View Post
Will Duokan Lite ever be made to work for the Kindle DXG?
no,DuoKan Lite does not support for the Kindle DXG,just support for Kindle 3.
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #63
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
So, Can you confirm that dklite works with 3.3?
yes,dklite works with 3.3 firmware.
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #64
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Thomas, we have new English website : http://en.duokan.com

The webmaster will post more information there.

Would be easier to get touched with the development team.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #65
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savy View Post
Thomas, we have new English website : http://en.duokan.com

The webmaster will post more information there.

Would be easier to get touched with the development team.
This is much better. Thanks
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #66
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As I mention in first post this script doesn't load Duokan completely. You should use others to use USB connection , to be able to read ePub,...etc see first post
Ok thomass, thank you - I've read it properly this time

I've decided for the moment that as I'm very new to Duokan, I'll learn more by using the full entry method to Duokan, rather than save a bit of time using the launchpad key sequence. My K3 v3.3 seems to reliably boot into Duokan now, & when I need K3 native firmware, I can just enter it from Duokan's settings menu.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #67
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
3.3 Firmware

I'm now a happy Duokan Lite user. I have 3.1 firmware and I'm considering updating to 3.3. Is DL compatible? Do I need to reinstall DL? Thanks.
jribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #68
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
I'm now a happy Duokan Lite user. I have 3.1 firmware and I'm considering updating to 3.3. Is DL compatible? Do I need to reinstall DL? Thanks.
You don't need to. I updated mine to 3.3 and duokan lite works without any problem.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #69
mrque
mrque began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My experience installing Duokan Lite (1014.1225) on Kindle 3 Wi-Fi ("Keyboard") with latest firmware (3.3) in case it's useful for reference:

-It failed in the first try. I had just unistalled old non-lite Duokan and updated Kindle firmware to 3.3.

-I reset it to factory defaults (be careful! this erases all your books from the disk) and tried again: this time it worked. (The progress bar gets stuck for some minutes at the same point during the process, but just give it its time.) I have now Duokan Lite on firmware 3.3. No problems so far.
mrque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #70
thomass
Wizard

weekly update

Lite1022.1452.rtm released (mirror , mirror2 , mirror3 , mirror4)
(checksum: EEADC29CB842938964A448DAD5B13B23)

The version number: Lite1022.1452.rtm
File Size: 33.5MB
Suitable models: kindle3
Updated: 2011.10.22

Quote:
Updates this week:
Improvements:
Optimize the download book management features: failed to download the books selected, click OK to select Delete.
WiFi network to optimize the management functions: add their own network, press the Del key to delete.

Fixed problems:
Repair of the music player into a deep sleep after the lifting of screensavers to bring up the menu can not be playback problems.

Warm Tips:
Small version of the update this week (small fixes BUG, ​​enhance stability). When you upgrade, do not forget to use the system settings in the "automatic upgrade" - automatic upgrade method is not only the most convenient, most efficient, but also saves a lot of good data line ~ ~

Note: About the next page button is not sensitive, we know it affect your reading experience, we have been looking for reasons, but the problem is still not know the source, we made ​​some adjustments in the code, hope that we can on this issue continue to give us feedback to help us find the problem as soon as the source. Thank you very much.
you can use this page to send your feedbacks.

Last edited by thomass; 10-24-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #71
jribeiro

Quote:
You don't need to. I updated mine to 3.3 and duokan lite works without any problem.
Upgraded. Duokam Lite works ok but Launchpad doesn't work anymore.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #72
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Upgraded. Duokam Lite works ok but Launchpad doesn't work anymore.
I have no problem with launchpad. It works like before. Are you sure that your launchpad hack works for other hotkeys?(ie shift shift space, etc) Try to reinstall launchpad.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #73
jribeiro

Quote:
I have no problem with launchpad. It works like before. Are you sure that your launchpad hack works for other hotkeys?(ie shift shift space, etc) Try to reinstall launchpad.
Launchpad doesn't work at all. I'll try to reinstall it.

Three more questions:
1) Is there a way to know that jailbreak is ok? The only app I have that requires it is Launchpad.
2) Have you upgraded from 3.1 or 3.2.1 to 3.3?
3) Which jailbreak are you using: this or that?

Many thanks for help.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #74
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Launchpad doesn't work at all. I'll try to reinstall it.

Three more questions:
1) Is there a way to know that jailbreak is ok? The only app I have that requires it is Launchpad.
2) Have you upgraded from 3.1 or 3.2.1 to 3.3?
3) Which jailbreak are you using: this or that?

Many thanks for help.
1- try to install a hack (launchpad, etc)
Or ,to be sure, if you know the version of the jailbreak you installed use its uninstaller then install the latest one.
2- from 3.1 to 3.3
3- Niluje's
Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #75
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrque View Post
-It failed in the first try. I had just unistalled old non-lite Duokan and updated Kindle firmware to 3.3.
Did you use update file(and update feature) for this step? or just DK_System folder (and restart)?

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf