Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #1486
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now top-to-bottom, RTL might be asking a bit too much.
I don't see why; this is something that the standard Kindle firmware supports.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #1487
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Heads up:

I had duokan installed in my PW. One day i decided to uninstall it, through the proper button within the Duokan OS.

When the kindle tried to boot up again at the end of the process, the device died... Something went really wrong under the hood. Now its always trying to update and getting error 03. Can't connect via usb. My onliy option is to tear ir apart and go through serial process. Meanwhile, I have an expensive and rectangular freesbie.

My advice, stay away from that evil OS. If you want alternative OS, try Koreader, way better, friendlier and harmless!

Just my two cents...
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #1488
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
One of the most common complaints we seem to hear against Duokan is "it worked fine, until I tried uninstalling it. Then the device got bricked/other disaster."
I don't know how the Duokan project managed to screw that up so badly... pity we don't know how their system works, or we could have fixed it for them.

KOReader is much less invasive, and for that reason alone I would recommend it.

Also keep in mind, you have learned why it is a good idea to install the Rescue Pack and Cowards Rescue Pack. It allows you to drop to diags mode with SSH access during early boot, and has saved many devices.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:37 AM   #1489
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Also keep in mind, you have learned why it is a good idea to install the Rescue Pack and Cowards Rescue Pack. It allows you to drop to diags mode with SSH access during early boot, and has saved many devices.
It's really a good idea, but didnt work for me. I had installed both packs, but duokan screwed things really bad, so my device couldnt be saved!
Please, keep away from duokan!
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #1490
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is it possible to install Duokan 2014 on PW2 mounting 5.8.1 FW?
I tried but I didn't succed, I have the "update your kindle" string grayed...
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #1491
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Is it possible to install Duokan 2014 on PW2 mounting 5.8.1 FW?
I tried but I didn't succed, I have the "update your kindle" string grayed...
Not our product, ask at the Duokan Project support site, part of MiUi.com.

This is not the place to ask.
As a brand new member, you can't even guess how much this isn't the place to ask.

Last edited by knc1; 07-07-2016 at 08:09 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:31 AM   #1492
kindle46
kindle46 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 and 6
How to switch to Duokan on K3.3 ?

I followed the Instructions on
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...92#post2373392
where it says "Now, you will have a dual boot screen, choose Q for Duokan or W for Kindle." But when I reboot I again
see the Kindle-Software.
On the Kindle 3.3 there is no Q or W and if I open Kual and type "Switch to Duokan" I see a very short time "/etc/init.d/DK_run" on the bottom and then it boots again into Kindle mode.
(By the way I can not change DK_run via ssh as it says "Read only file system".)

What can I do to get Duokan run (because of me alwaays and for ever) ?
kindle46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #1493
kindle46

Duokan does not start

I get the following error log:
Code:
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property wakeUp (0x8 lipcErrNoSuchProperty)
Unknown HZ value! (92) Assume 100.
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./BatterySignal.bin: not found
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./Charging.bin: not found
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./notCharging.bin: not found
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./PowerState.bin: not found
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./suspending.bin: not found
/etc/init.d/DK_run: line 447: ./UsbSignal.bin: not found
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property wakeUp (0x8 lipcErrNoSuchProperty)
killall: ebook: no process killed
start.sh: starting framework
Unknown HZ value! (93) Assume 100.
chmod: /mnt/us/DK_System/install/DuoKanInstall.sh: No such file or directory
/mnt/us/extensions/DuokanInstaller/bin/emergency.sh: line 6: /mnt/us/DK_System/install/DuoKanInstall.sh: not found
/var/tmp/klauncher_background-6048.sh: line 2: bin/switch.sh: not found
/var/tmp/klauncher_background-6050.sh: line 2: bin/switch.sh: not found
/var/tmp/klauncher_background-35957.sh: line 2: bin/install.sh: not found
can anyone help please?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #1494
kindle46

Pressin Q does not help

Can't find an edit-button here...
Afte several Power down and up I did see the "Q" and "W" for a very very short time
but even if I did press Q it booted into Kindle mode again.
(can not find any ./BatterySignal.bin, Charging.bin etc)

And if I call "/mnt/us/DK_System/install/DK_run" via SSH screen becomes white.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #1495
kindle46

Sorry for Postings

Sorry for all my last postings; I found a (k3)2012-06-08.C11296.rtm.zip
and installed again with KUAL.

This is the newest Duokan-version I found. All newer links are down, but it works now.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:17 PM   #1496
juliuss
juliuss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is this still alive?

The link in the main post "Up-to-date versions: here" redirects to a website written in chinese.
juliuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:51 PM   #1497
oldman20
oldman20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
One of the most common complaints we seem to hear against Duokan is "it worked fine, until I tried uninstalling it. Then the device got bricked/other disaster."
I don't know how the Duokan project managed to screw that up so badly... pity we don't know how their system works, or we could have fixed it for them.

Rescue Pack and Cowards Rescue Pack not work on 5.14.2 right? I cant install in MRPI
oldman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #1498
TBurjan
TBurjan began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite2
Quote:

I have PaperWhite 2 with 5.12.2.2 firmware. I used DuoKan until I firmwared to 5.12.2.2. so I can not install Duokan software.
What other software do you suggest me?
TBurjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf