Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #331
Vicente
Vicente began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Thanks I'll try it
Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #332
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
CoolReader3 for Kindle4NT
Where can i get that zip the link is dead
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #333
eyestrain
eyestrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Voyage
It appears the app is part of this package:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/

Install instructions:

1. Install KUAL if not installed.
2. Unpack the archive.
3. Copy the vlasovsoft folder into flash root.
4. Copy the extensions folder into flash root.
5. Safely disconnect your kindle from PC.
eyestrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #334
rodanny
rodanny began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 3 (generation 7)
Exclamation

Hello
who can help me?
i have kindle paperwhite 3 (generation 7) and 4 (generation 10)....i want put cool reader and kual ..
I don;t know how can make this...
can help me anyone?
Best,
Danny
rodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #335
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
No one can help you without the first 6 characters of your serial numbers (from "Device Info" or the box) and the firmware version on each.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #336
rodanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
No one can help you without the first 6 characters of your serial numbers (from "Device Info" or the box) and the firmware version on each.
sory..
first 6 characters: G090 G105
have firmware: Kindle 5.9.7 ( ......many numbers)
on back... model No: DP75SDI

First questions...can save a copy of rom image?
And can help me step by step for install cool reader and other software?
Best,
danny

PS sorry for my poor english
Old 01-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #337
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodanny View Post
sory..
first 6 characters: G090 G105
have firmware: Kindle 5.9.7 ( ......many numbers)
on back... model No: DP75SDI

First questions...can save a copy of rom image?
And can help me step by step for install cool reader and other software?
Best,
danny

PS sorry for my poor english
That is your PW3. The firmware is too recent for software jail break. Your only other option is to open the case and connect to the serial port, which requires some skill.

You did not list the firmware or serial number for your PW4. If it has ever updated, then only the serial port method will work with it as well.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #338
rodanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
That is your PW3. The firmware is too recent for software jail break. Your only other option is to open the case and connect to the serial port, which requires some skill.

You did not list the firmware or serial number for your PW4. If it has ever updated, then only the serial port method will work with it as well.
Can extract bin image from my kindle?
if can connect serial port..can teach me?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #339
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

I have never used kindle serial port. I can not help with that.

You can search here for threads about serial port jailbreak.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #340
rodanny

ok 10x
Old 01-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #341
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodanny View Post
Can extract bin image from my kindle?
if can connect serial port..can teach me?
Yes, once it is jail broken, I have posted an add-in for that purpose.

All you need the serial port for is to copy our signature certificate to the Kindle's certificate store.
After that single command, your Kindle is "jail broken" and everything else can be done with our add-in software packages.
(and yes, we even have that step scripted, so it is hard to screw-up the file copy command)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #342
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
@sergevl: Once again a packaging error in your 2019-02-05 release: Although launcher.sh references to "KindleTSv2" mouse driver for the KPW3 and KPW4 models, the file itself is missing in "Qt/plugins/mousedrivers". Either it isn't needed any longer - then launcher.sh is wrong, or the respective (current) file is missing in the archive.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:52 PM   #343
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Just installed this on a K3gb and when it opens all I get is a bar saying Cool reader at the top.. Nothing more than that..... what am I doing wrong??? I am on last firmware and amd JB with Kual etc installed and running fine...
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote