Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
KOReader Dictionary Not Working On Kobo Aura One

Hello!

I'm not able to make the dictionary work on KOReader under Kobo Aura One.

Details:
  • Device: Kobo Aura One 8GB version
  • KOReader version: v2015.11-1402-g8ef783f
  • Kobo Start Menu version: 08(2015.10.27)
  • Kobo Firmware version: 4.6.9995 (10/11/17)
  • Dictonary: Webster's 1913 dictionary
  • Dictionary files:
    dictd_www.dict.org_web1913.dict.dz
    dictd_www.dict.org_web1913.ifo
    dictd_www.dict.org_web1913.dict
  • Dictionary files location: .adds/koreader/data/dict/
  • Error message: No definition found

In the KOReader search menu, under "Installed dictionaries", it clearly says "Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary".

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
This looks a lot like the issue described in koreader's bugtracker. You can find a workaround in this post.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Yes, the easiest way is to use the sdcv file below to replace the one inside koreader folder:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...x-gnuabihf.zip
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:28 PM   #4
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Works, Thanks!
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Thanks Akbar, it works awesome.
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #6
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Nasser have you tried other dictionaries? Until Akbar offered this solution, I was lost and couldn't make any of them work.
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlu View Post
Thanks Akbar, it works awesome.
You are welcome. I'm glad that someone offered that modified file.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #8
Royalblue
Royalblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo blue
I am also gratefull for the workaround but hoping a finalfix for this will soon be included in the OTA-updates. So it can be used again without replacing the file again every time..
Royalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #9
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I still can't get any of the dictionaries to work for me, I've put them into seperate folders in the "E:\.adds\koreader\data\dict" folder.

I have a Clara HD I doubt that makes any difference.

I've placed "wikt-en-en-2018-10-07.dict.dz" into a folder called "Wikitionary" that didn't work.

I'm on the newest nightly.

Any help is appreciated.

I tried replacing the SCVD file, and that didn't work either.

Last edited by jasius; 12-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:53 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
A dictionary consists of at least three files: .dict.dz, .idx, and .ifo.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:36 AM   #11
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
I am using a Kobo H20 and the latest release of koreader. I haven't installed dictionaries for a while but I did today. They are in stardict 2.4.2 format, the following unzipped folders have been moved into the correct place and the Kobo rebooted:

mwh@NewAir:/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.adds/data/dict$ ls
stardict-Collins_Thesaurus-2.4.2
stardict-Oxford_English_Dictionary_2nd_Ed._P1-2.4.2
stardict-Macmillan_English_Thesaurus-2.4.2
stardict-Oxford_English_Dictionary_2nd_Ed._P2-2.4.2

If I go to the koreader menu it says Installed dictionaries (0) in greyed-out text. I have also tried moving the various .dict.dz and .idx files straight into the /dict/ directory without their enclosing folder but this doesn't seem to work either. Can somebody please advise me what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

M
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #12
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'll respond here.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote