Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
nauht
nauht began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Question Sony Reader Cover w/ light flickering (PRSACL65)

I have the Sony Reader Cover with light (PRSACL65) as shown here: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666257797

I have an annoying issue where even though the light is turned off (the light is set in it's proper place which turns off the light, like the switch you see in a fridge), the light will flicker every so often. I seems pretty random but it could be because of the way I'm holding the cover. Does anyone have this issue with their sony reader light cover?

Thanks.
nauht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
teenap
teenap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Yes, the light shuts off when it triggers the little switch in the holding place. However, sometimes when you move the cover or touch the light, it stops putting the required pressure on the little switch and the light comes on. My cover and my daughter's both do this. it is very annoying especially since we paid $54.95 (CDN) for these covers.
teenap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
The light on my 650's cover flickers as well. Sometimes just turning pages causes the light to flicker. Any cure for the problem?
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Chris H
Chris H began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauht View Post
Does anyone have this issue with their sony reader light cover?
Doesn't sound right, mine has been pretty solid, on / off when the head is returned to its resting place. Might be a problem with the switch itself. Think I would be tempted to return it.

c
Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
I have similar cover for 950 and it doesn't have mentioned problem.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Hasn't happened to me yet but if it did I might try adding a piece of tape or two to the light to make it slightly wider, pressing more against the switch when closed.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
It happens to me as well but hasnt bothered me enough to get annoyed enough to do anything about it. Although I might just try out the tape suggestion to see if that works
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
It happens to me as well but hasnt bothered me enough to get annoyed enough to do anything about it. Although I might just try out the tape suggestion to see if that works
I also have this happen. Hasn't really bothered me too much, but I WILL try electrical tape.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
Doogman
Connoisseur
Doogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook ST
You can try twisting the end of the light a bit to better press the "off" switch.
Doogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #10
nauht
nauht began at the beginning.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like for some it happens and for some it does not. I have the red coloured cover. At least I know I'm not the only one that has this problem. I'll try the electrical tape suggestion.
nauht is offline   Reply With Quote