Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Question Nook Wifi versus Kobo for Canadian customers?

I m comparing Kobo wifi with Nook Wifi in order to find out which one is suitable for Canadian customers in terms of access to worldwide bookstores and the aptitude of reading eBooks from competitors' bookstore.
By the way I live in Montreal Quebec Canada.
Which one has more functions? more easiness of use? wide range of available eBbooks?

Which one is the sturdier ?

thank you a lot.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
The Kobo has a much lighter screen. So less contrast. Sony & Kindle 3 have the best e-ink screens, Nook, and then Kobo. Not sure about how many Sony models have the new e-ink pearl screens, but I know they do.

With the nook, it can read books from any store almost. (not including Amazon.com since they use their own proprietary format, .azw, for books). If you can install Amazon's ebook store app that is for Android phones, you might be able to buy and read books from amazon. I am not quite sure if that is possible though.

I have not owned a Kobo and have not looked into it too much to know how many places you can buy books from.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
ibdave
ibdave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I bought the NOOK, live in Hamilton ON. I had to take it to a Barnes and Noble store accross the border to make it register although the wifi connected with an open site here. I have the wifi only, 3g only works in US. I chose the nook since as stated it is compatible with many sources of ebooks and I can use it to borrow ebooks from my public library. I like it so far. I looked at the Kobo at a local Chapters but the Nook just appealed to me more.
ibdave is offline   Reply With Quote