Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #16
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
You are NOT going to get a true Mobi file from Amazon currently so far as I know. Purchased books will be AZW3 or a similar Mobi descended file type such as KF8. True Mobi files are available from Baen, Tor, Dreamspinner and Smashwords among other independent ebook sellers and distributors. These display on Kobo's with minimal problems and if you do have a problem you can download the alternative Epub from several such as Smashwords at no additional cost. I typically download both versions as I have some Sony readers that need the Epub version and Epub books take up much less memory. True Mobi files seem to display well on the Kobo readers in my experience.
Mobi files are much less memory space efficient in my experience. Comparing a Epub and Mobi file of the same book, downloaded from Smashwords, the Epub file is about 1/2 the size of the Mobi file or less for the same content. Memory is now so cheap that it probably makes little difference to most but is still a consideration for some I would expect.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote