Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
traponk
traponk began at the beginning.

Device: rooted e-ink Nook
Problems fetching Caliber library in Trook (Nook)

I'm trying to access my Calibre library via Trook on my Nook but can't get it to work.

I go to "My Feeds" in Trook, add the url of my library on the Calibre server <http://xxx.x.x.x:8080> and get a response that the feed "Could not be fetched...connection refused."

Do I add anything else to the url? Am I supposed to be putting in credentials somewhere, since the Caliber library settings ask for username & password? I've got Calibre running on my laptop when I try it in Trook, and wifi lock is activated on my Nook.

Last edited by traponk; 12-05-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: left part out
traponk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, if the library asks for a username and password, the client trying to connect needs those credentials. Another thing to try would be not to use the full interface, but one of the reduced ones (append /opds or /mobile to the URL and try again).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
First, make sure you have the craftycoder version of trook.

Then, use the format http://<username>:<password>@xxx.x.x.x:8080/opds to connect to calibre.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
traponk
traponk began at the beginning.

Device: rooted e-ink Nook
I never got a prompt for login. I'll try appending /opds or /mobile to the URL.

I couldn't get the craftycoder version of Trook to load. It said "this application could not be installed on your phone."

I saw the HOWTO in Trook (also here said to update the settings.db but I wasn't sure how to do that. I haven't googled it yet, but I've been able to install most apps without following the HOWTO instructions.
traponk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by traponk View Post
I never got a prompt for login.
If you were in a reader app, and not in a browser, it's not surprising you didn't get a prompt. I use the URL format described above to include the userass whenever I'm not in a browser.
Quote:
I'll try appending /opds or /mobile to the URL.
This won't help. You need username password to get into those as well.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
tagtag
tagtag began at the beginning.

Device: Nook wifi (B&W)
I'm having a similar problem, although I have my username/password set and everything connects fine.

Two problems:
1) If I don't use /opds at the end of the address then trook returns an error message that it can't parse the data
2) If I do use /opds or /mobile then it simply gets stuck in fetching mode

Can anyone help here? I'm using 1.4 of Trook. Testing the server locally on my network (computer) works just fine.

Do I need to give up on my dream of having a wifi sync to my Nook via Trook?

Last edited by tagtag; 03-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.
tagtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
Dob43
Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Classic
I know this is a VERY old thread, but I just ran into this myself. Never tried using Trook with Calibre for some reason. What I found is you have to add /stanza to the URL

http://fullIPofyourcomputeronyourhom...calibre/stanza

for example:
http://192.168.2.502:9391/stanza

The server port is what you set up in Calibre. Check your router for your computer IP or get it from the network config on your system. You don't need a name and password unless you forward the port to your computer in your router's setup. If you do that, the your Calibre server is accessable from the internet and YES it should have a password. Personally I never thought it was worth the risk. I also don't have the server running by default as I don't need to download books from it to my devices very often.

Also, you CAN download books from Calibre via the NookDevs browser. It is not near as nice (or fast) as Trook but it works. Just use the same URL but without the /stanza

Last edited by Dob43; 02-06-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Dob43 is offline   Reply With Quote