Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
gort9k
gort9k began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Hello: otro adicto más a la lectura (another reading addict)

Hola:

This last summer I was having a very heated argument, with a friend of mine, about books. I was telling her that books, as we have come to know them are reaching extintion. That they have started the same road of postal stamps, and letters. Of course there will always be postal stamps and books (I am not quite sure about letters), for collectors and so on.

That's a pitty. As a reader, I love the feeling, tact, and odour of paper, and ink. To peruse a book, before even start reading it. But certain things are unavoidables. So I got myself an e-reader, a Sony PRS-600. And I expect and hope to get to enjoy reading (after getting used to that "cachivache").

It is a good thing to be able to carry a truckload of books without breaking your back.

Bien, saludos a todos.

(p.d. I apologise for my bad english)
gort9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hola gort9k and welcome to MobileRead. I felt the same way about eBook readers till I bought a Sony 505. After a few chapters of the first book, it felt the same as a regular book. Most people here would tell you the same.

And you English is MUCH better than my Spanish

Gort9k Hola y bienvenidos a MobileRead. Me sentía lo mismo por los lectores de eBook hasta que me compré una Sony 505. Después de algunos capítulos del primer libro, sentí lo mismo que un libro ordinario. La mayoría de la gente de aquí te diría lo mismo.

Y usted Inglés es mucho mejor que mi español
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

welcome to Mobipocket, I'm sure you're not going to miss the touch

En serio, no vas a echar de menos los libros, casi seguros. Y no eres un adicto a los libros, simplemente un aficionado
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
gort9k

Thanks for your welcome, Terisa and Cassidym (ladies first, always).

As I said is a good thing not to have to carry a lot of weight and bulk. Still I'll miss the feeling of having a book, of shifting pages, of leaving it open downside on the sofa, just waiting to pick it up again and keep on reading. I suppose I'll get used to this new gadget.

Your spanish is bueno de veras.

Gracias por la bienvenida.

p.d.
My very first book (I mean the first book I ever read) was a Edgar Rice Burroughs' novel, Tarzan the untamed (Tarzán el indómito). My dad had (now in my libray) the complete Tarzan collection.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, gort9k

I have the Sony 505 and hope you will come to love your 600 just as much as I love my 505.

Have you checked out all the free ebooks on this site? They have been beautifully formatted by some very dedicated MR members for our Readers.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
gort9k

Hola, Dreams:

So far I have not had time to spare and browse this site. You know, Christmas, New Year, "el día de Reyes". But in a few days more, when everything turn back to normal again, I'll start to explore this site. I've got quite a load of question about this device and I hope I'll get the answers.

Hasta luego.

Last edited by gort9k; 01-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR! There are a lot of knowledgable and helpful people on here, so I'm sure some-one will be able to help with your questions
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
gort9k

Saludos, ShortNCuddlyAm:

So far I've been welcome by people from USA, from Spain, from ??? (dreams), and from UK (I always get confused, is that, Surrey, England?). I am a spaniard, from The Canary Islands, Gran Canaria, to be precise.

Saludos de nuevo a todos y gracias por la bienvenida.