Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Cancel Audible After Preorder?

Has anyone recently canceled Audible while a preorder (purchased with a credit) is still pending?

I've found info from about a year ago that customers received the preorder with no problem, but if anyone's done it more recently, I'd appreciate knowing that I'm not potentially wasting my last credit before canceling. Thanks!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:52 PM   #2
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
I did not renew my annual membership in January basically because I still had 4 credits I was struggling to use. I decided to take a chance on preordering 4 books in series that I read. So far two of those have been released and promptly appeared in my library. Hopefully there will be no problems when the others drop later this spring.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great, thanks so much for the information. I was struggling to use my last reduced-price credit, and then suddenly saw that a series I'd followed had a new book in the pipeline after a several-year gap. Glad that using the credit for a preorder won't be an issue when I cancel.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:56 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I cancelled several times with pre-orders still pending and received them without any problems after they were released.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:34 AM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. The deed is done; I preordered the book and then canceled. For a change, Audible did not offer me any worthwhile enticements to keep me around--just a pause option or an every-other-month option (which increases the per-credit price).

So ... at this moment, I have broken away from both Audible AND Amazon Prime!
Advert
Old 03-02-2023, 08:55 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, Audible did not apply a coupon to a preorder--I had dollar left on a coupon (expiring February 28) and last week applied it to a preorder of a $2 Whispersync title that came out yesterday, March 1. Audible expired the coupon and charged me the $2. I suspected they would, and, sure enough ...

Not going to bother complaining, as I'm so over Audible and Amazon.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:00 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
FYI, Audible did not apply a coupon to a preorder--I had dollar left on a coupon (expiring February 28) and last week applied it to a preorder of a $2 Whispersync title that came out yesterday, March 1. Audible expired the coupon and charged me the $2. I suspected they would, and, sure enough ...

Not going to bother complaining, as I'm so over Audible and Amazon.
Circling back to comment that it's been a long time since I've had an Audible subscription and I miss it not at all. Between my backlog there and audiobooks on OverDrive and Hoopla, I've got more than enough to listen to for a very long time. It might be different if audiobooks were my preferred medium to text, but it's not; i.e., there's nothing that I'd strongly prefer to hear rather than read and I'm content with what I can get.

The only possible exception for me will be if OverDrive locks down their audiobooks so they're app-only, as OD is how I stock my waterproof MP3 player in the summer. In that case, I'll look to Downpour.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:31 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Circling back to comment that it's been a long time since I've had an Audible subscription and I miss it not at all. Between my backlog there and audiobooks on OverDrive and Hoopla, I've got more than enough to listen to for a very long time. It might be different if audiobooks were my preferred medium to text, but it's not; i.e., there's nothing that I'd strongly prefer to hear rather than read and I'm content with what I can get.

The only possible exception for me will be if OverDrive locks down their audiobooks so they're app-only, as OD is how I stock my waterproof MP3 player in the summer. In that case, I'll look to Downpour.
I miss the Audible subscription a little bit, for books that are unavailable at my libraries. I've totally lost track of which sites have a straightforward mp3 download, and which ones would try to make me use their app or jump through hoops for a purchased book. I was thinking that maybe I'll rejoin Audible if there's a good Prime Day offer, but then I remembered that I canceled Prime!

(I did get my preorder with no problem after canceling Audible.)