Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 04:19 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Prime Day 2019

Is apparently on July 9 this year.

That sounds like a long way off; however, it's only a little over 2 1/2 months from now.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Looks like I'll save a ton of time/money, I'll be with family on a vacation at the river. Time to float the Frio (that's a river in Texas). My first true vacation in 3-5 years. Not giving that up to spend time shopping online.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm no longer a Prime member of the Amazon ecosystem. Looks like my money is safe
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm no longer a Prime member of the Amazon ecosystem. Looks like my money is safe
And then there will be some fabulous deal that will knock your bananas over.... Just kidding. Admittingly, a fair portion of my income goes into the Amazon ecosystem, but that won't last. Other than ebooks/audiobooks, I don't actually need anything.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Need? Need? Need is beside the point! Consider how much you can save!
Advert
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Looks like I'll save a ton of time/money, I'll be with family on a vacation at the river. Time to float the Frio (that's a river in Texas). My first true vacation in 3-5 years. Not giving that up to spend time shopping online.
I just had to see the Wikipedia entry for the River. The vegetation in the water and on the banks of the Frio bears close resemblance to that in and around the Ichetucknee River, in north central Florida (major difference: it looks like there are no Palmetto plants along the banks of the Frio), that I floated. I looked up the latitudes (think: measurement of the up and down aspect on the globe) for both rivers and I found that they are almost the same for both rivers! Probably explains much of the similarity between the two rivers.

The Ichetucknee is spring-fed, as well. The water is 72 degrees, year 'round. Now 72 degrees in water feels a lot colder than 72 degrees in air. I snorkeled all the way down the River. I was relatively young then, but I felt that if I had stayed in the water an hour or two more, I would have ended up with a bad case of hypothermia (advice: if you're over about 40 years old, and are going to stay in that water for more than about 3 or 4 hours, you probably should wear a wet suit!).

Oh, and another difference between the Frios and the Ichetucknee. . . . on rare occasions there are alligators seen on the Ichetucknee. But don't worry, some of the time they will leave you alone.

As for being on the water serving as an excuse of not shopping the Prime sale, I'm told that there are things called "tablets." I also hear that some now are waterproof! Maybe some smartphones are, too. You could shop the Prime sale on your tablet (or maybe smartphone) when the water of the River gets slow and boring! Don't have one? Buy one from Amazon as soon as the Sale starts; choose two-day shipping; and, bada bing bada boom! the tablet or smartphone should arrive just about the time that you are pulling out of the driveway.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:11 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
IF you haven't been a member for at least a year ...you can join for 1 month for free.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #8
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
"[YMMV] American Express: 3 Months Of Amazon Prime For Free"
by William Charles
DoctorOfCredit.com
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #9
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I just had to see the Wikipedia entry for the River. The vegetation in the water and on the banks of the Frio bears close resemblance to that in and around the Ichetucknee River, in north central Florida (major difference: it looks like there are no Palmetto plants along the banks of the Frio), that I floated. I looked up the latitudes (think: measurement of the up and down aspect on the globe) for both rivers and I found that they are almost the same for both rivers! Probably explains much of the similarity between the two rivers.

The Ichetucknee is spring-fed, as well. The water is 72 degrees, year 'round. Now 72 degrees in water feels a lot colder than 72 degrees in air. I snorkeled all the way down the River. I was relatively young then, but I felt that if I had stayed in the water an hour or two more, I would have ended up with a bad case of hypothermia (advice: if you're over about 40 years old, and are going to stay in that water for more than about 3 or 4 hours, you probably should wear a wet suit!).

Oh, and another difference between the Frios and the Ichetucknee. . . . on rare occasions there are alligators seen on the Ichetucknee. But don't worry, some of the time they will leave you alone.

As for being on the water serving as an excuse of not shopping the Prime sale, I'm told that there are things called "tablets." I also hear that some now are waterproof! Maybe some smartphones are, too. You could shop the Prime sale on your tablet (or maybe smartphone) when the water of the River gets slow and boring! Don't have one? Buy one from Amazon as soon as the Sale starts; choose two-day shipping; and, bada bing bada boom! the tablet or smartphone should arrive just about the time that you are pulling out of the driveway.
Ah the Ichetucknee. I have fond memories of that one. The water feels great, at first, when it is 99 outside. But, towards the end you are freezing and looking for a way to get out for a little while.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
by William Charles
DoctorOfCredit.com
Thanks - you need to link an AmEx card to get this promo.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Whenever I place an order, Amazon offers me a free 30-day trial so I can get free 2-day shipping. Maybe I'll take them up on the offer when Prime Day rolls around.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #12
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
by William Charles
DoctorOfCredit.com
Prime Day would be within that window, as long as Prime Day occurs before 3 months from today (therefore, July 23 or so).
Old 04-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
IF you haven't been a member for at least a year ...you can join for 1 month for free.
Quote:
Whenever I place an order, Amazon offers me a free 30-day trial so I can get free 2-day shipping. Maybe I'll take them up on the offer when Prime Day rolls around.
But will GtrsRGr8 remember to mark down the pertinent information on his (analog) calendar, between now and the time that he goes to his office again?

And would Amazon be savvy, on top of things, and devious enough that they would withdraw that offer a month or more before Prime Day?

Just in case they haven't thought about that, everyone keep your mouths shut, so they won't find out about it, okay? Quiet now! Shhhhhh!!!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Ah the Ichetucknee. I have fond memories of that one. The water feels great, at first, when it is 99 outside. But, towards the end you are freezing and looking for a way to get out for a little while.
Apache
Anyone interested in things like that, and are in the general area (during the summer!), ought to visit.

As far as I know, only swimming and tubing is allowed on the river--kayak-ers, as far as I can remember, and definitely canoeists, are not allowed. There are nature trails, and other of the requisite state park stuff like that, too.

Ichetucknee's only 20-25 miles off of I-75, in the northern part of the state. I-75 is 6-lanes there, and runs along the "spine" of Florida. Going south, you pass by Lake City, Gainesville, and Ocala. The road continues its same pattern until about 30 minutes south of Ocala, where it heads southwest. To get to Ichetucknee State Park, you would need to turn west between Lake City and Gainesville.

That's the end of my remarks about geography and such, lest I be rebuked by a moderator for being .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
They used to allow canoes and kayaks, but it has been about 10 years since I last there.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote