Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #3196
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
There's an alt status bar setting in the right-most tab of the bottom menu. (Long-press to make default.) But it depends on crengine, so it won't work in other file formats like PDF, DjVu and CBZ.
Thanks. As mentioned, I've used that, but it only gives me one status bar, not both. I read that the upper one is deprecated or something close to it. But I did have both and can't recreate it. It's OK. I have adequate other ways to get the same data displayed.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #3197
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@guissmo: Use the install script, it takes care of this automatically.

And don't unplug your device, just eject it, to limit the risk of USB shenanigans.

Unsurprisingly, c.f. The Fine Manual for all the gory details.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:07 AM   #3198
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Just wanted to say thanks to NiLuJe for the recent improvements to Wi-Fi. Huge improvement for my use. I use Wikipedia a lot, and update the firmware often, and there used to be so much manual work to get it to connect, and then some more manual work to make sure it doesn't stay connected and kill my battery (though gestures help with these). Now everything is just automated.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:19 AM   #3199
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'll second that. I'd trained myself to turn on wifi with a gesture before doing something and then to turn it off afterward. Part of the problem that kept me from addressing it more appropriately is that it's a pretty big pile of hacks to wrap your head around, especially with all the various devices involved. That makes it one of the rare issues that isn't primarily about time.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:53 PM   #3200
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happy to help, I kept repeating "we can"t do it" each time the issue came up, and, as it turned out, we mostly could ;p.

Speaking of: the list of stuff that I haven't actually tested is still there, so, if any users of those thing could test those, that'd be neat .

(By "test", I mean simply trying to use them while offline, and confirming that it: 1. goes online 2. actually does the thing on its own).

In the same vein, if you feel like your network activity is actually low, but it still doesn't get deactivated, enable debug logging and send me the logs, the noise threshold was pretty much eyeballed at random from observing a single device on a single network ;p.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #3201
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@NiLuJe Wallabag works fine, from the code I see no reason any of them shouldn't.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #3202
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Frenzie: Cool, thanks .
Old 08-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #3203
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Thanks. As mentioned, I've used that, but it only gives me one status bar, not both. I read that the upper one is deprecated or something close to it. But I did have both and can't recreate it. It's OK. I have adequate other ways to get the same data displayed.
I had the same problem. You have to disable the setting "lock status bar", then choose "on" for alt status bar (at the top) in the bottom menu and tap the bottom line until the bottom status bar shows up.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #3204
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I had the same problem. You have to disable the setting "lock status bar", then choose "on" for alt status bar (at the top) in the bottom menu and tap the bottom line until the bottom status bar shows up.
Thank you so much, Lucy! I'd let this go earlier figuring that I'd never get it back and that it was fine enough without the top bar. Now that you've shown me the way, I don't know how I ever configured it with both bars to begin with. I must have been experimenting with the Lock Status Bar setting and forgot about it.

That begs another question. Is there any configuring the specifics of the top status bar when both are enabled? I'm not seeing anything for that digging through Settings.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:29 AM   #3205
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
I'm loving this latest release. wifi is easier to use, and most things remain stable and fast from the looks of it.

i say most, because i run into an error when i try to start USB storage.

the exact error:

(i really hope the image scales automagically)(EDIT: of course it didn't )

https://i.imgur.com/byQsWD0.jpeg

Last edited by CH23; 09-09-2020 at 07:31 AM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #3206
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CH23: Most of the incremental KoboUSBMS tweaks I emplemented required touching the startup script.

This requires a full, proper Exit -> Start cycle to take (or a device reboot ).

With a simple KOReader restart, the old startup script keeps being used, and it doesn't know how to deal with the new changes, which at best means it gets caught by the crash handler (i.e., the crash screen), at worst means it gets caught by the USBMS failsafe (i.e., the device shuts down after a while).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #3207
NiLuJe
BLAM!

If you do manage to reproduce an USBMS failure after a full device reboot, see this message for detailed instructions on how to get at the logs, which should tell us what exactly is happening .

(In some very specific cases, some minimal information may also make it to KOReader's own crash.log, but the syslog will still be much more useful & detailed).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:08 AM   #3208
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CH23: Most of the incremental KoboUSBMS tweaks I emplemented required touching the startup script.

This requires a full, proper Exit -> Start cycle to take (or a device reboot ).

With a simple KOReader restart, the old startup script keeps being used, and it doesn't know how to deal with the new changes, which at best means it gets caught by the crash handler (i.e., the crash screen), at worst means it gets caught by the USBMS failsafe (i.e., the device shuts down after a while).
d'oh! I should have known better. that solved it, love the status bar. I think by now I could just kick out KMS/Nickel and exclusively boot to koreader.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #3209
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Does the Calibre Wireless connection support using a domain name to connect to Calibre, or is it required to be an IP?
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #3210
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I don't think we actually have a way to coerce an input field like that, so my gut feeling would say that yeah, that should work, as long as the device can actually resolve that hostname.

But, never tried it myself .