Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 10:48 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
There are Paperwhites in stock right now, the black 8gb for one. I didn't look at all the various options.
The black, 8GB with ads looks like about the only Kindle available right now. What the heck? Are the new Kindles going to have Covid-19 monitoring built-in?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:11 AM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
From Goodreader :

Amazon is working on a Kindle Paperwhite 5 e-reader and and the big selling point are the amber LED lights, giving it a color temperature system. This is the same warm light system that that Kindle Oasis 3 employs. Amazon should announce this new Kindle sometime before Prime Day, which is set to occur sometime in October and Black Friday, at the end of November. Although, due to supply chain constraints, due to COVID, it could be pushed back into early 2021.

The Kindle Paperwhite line of e-readers are normally updated every every two or three years. The original Paperwhite came out in 2012 and the Paperwhite 2 came out in 2013. The Kindle Paperwhite 3 was released in 2015 and the Kindle Paperwhite 4 came out in 2018.

Every single Kindle Paperwhite model on the Amazon website is sold out, this includes the 8GB and 32GB models. All of the different color variants, such as black, plum, sage and blue color models are also not available. The soonest they will be in stock ranges from the end of September to the end of October. This could be due to shortages of the existing model, due to supply chain issues. Throughout the year, Amazon has beens sold out of various Kindles on their Canadian and US websites. The Kindle Oasis 3 and Paperwhite 4 have been not available for months at a time.

The upstream supply chain has confirmed with Good e-Reader that Amazon has been designing and testing a warm light Kindle Paperwhite for most of the year, it was supposed to be manufactured in the second quarter, but got pushed back, due to Foxconn only operating at less than 30% efficiency since April, due to COVID. The same thing happened to the Kobo Nia, it was supposed to come out May, but only got released a July.

I prefer a bigger screen.
FYI: They made the same claim about the last Kindle.

It didn't happen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #18
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
What's Good(sic)EReader's success rate on predictions?

I'm pretty sure it's not good.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #19
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
What's Good(sic)EReader's success rate on predictions?

It might not be so bad when they're plagiarizing someone else. Of course that's rather hit and miss.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
It might not be so bad when they're plagiarizing someone else. Of course that's rather hit and miss.
How do you tell the difference between their fabrications and their plagiarizing?

I think it is best to ignore them and especially not send them any web traffic.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #21
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
How weird that they are now making this "warm" color a feature when it is already on the Kindle. I always called it the "diry cigarette yellow" color background and generally try and replace my Kindle when I get it. I hate that color
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:45 PM   #22
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
How do you tell the difference between their fabrications and their plagiarizing?
No need to; I get the impression that their articles start out as plagiarisms which then are beefed up with fabrications.

Quote:
Absolutely.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #23
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
I really hate these kinds of articles of GoodEreader. Now I'm all excited, but I know they just make stuff up.

I just want a Paperwhite 5, but not just with the option to make the screen orange, but also more blue, like a perfect white balance for everyone.

I know I'm the only out there, but I can't get used to the creamy color of the paperwhite 4 screen. My screen is not white, it's yellow. So a way to make me happy is not just get the screen from cream/yellow to orange, but to make the standard cream color more white (blue) as well. That would be perfect.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 AM   #24
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Exactly.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #25
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
I love that here he's saying

Quote:
The Kindle Paperwhite 4 came out in late 2018, and is on a three year cycle.
contradicting himself. and the "out of stock" is supposed to add credence, but there's been zero disruption in the keepa & camelcamelcamel tracking of the price - which implies any out of stock was at most for day or 2 and they kept taking all orders.

BTW, one way to share the crap articles is to make a copy on archive.org of the page, that way you're not sending badEreader any traffic.

The chrome plugin they have makes that super easy.
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #26
emmabee
Connoisseur
emmabee doesn't litteremmabee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
When I saw this thread I was about to cry. I received my first Oasis today. The Oasis 3 & I was thinking noooo obsolete already.

Phew it's the Paperwhite
emmabee is offline   Reply With Quote