Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 08:13 AM   #826
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
It's been some time since I tried to create a list to sync to device, but when I tried now, it didn't work.

I've attached screenshots of the 2 lists I've created. Hopefully someone here can spot my error.

I've tried with both connecting via usb on my laptop and the wireless connection.

I would much prefer to use the Wireless Connection option.
You have to go to the devices tab and make sure your device is there and selected.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #827
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
It is, although only the part of it that says main.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #828
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
"...it didn't work" is not very detailed.

My settings for a device sync list looks more like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	195
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	174082
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #829
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks, I'll double-check the settings and see if I can get it to work.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #830
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version

As you may have heard, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Which means plugins need to start being transitioned to Python3 also.

Attached is a (hopefully) Python3 compatible update to this plugin.

2019-12-20

- Changes for Python3.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not, especially on the Py3 beta.

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-15-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: beta zip moved to first post
Advert
Old 12-22-2019, 02:07 AM   #831
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using slighlty different device sync logic: Is there way (or another plugin?) to automatically copy to specified folder when I add to specific list? (and remove when I remove it)
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #832
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
I'm using slighlty different device sync logic: Is there way (or another plugin?) to automatically copy to specified folder when I add to specific list? (and remove when I remove it)
When a book is sent to a device, calibre uses the save template defined in the driver for the device. That can't use the name of the reading list, but, it can use a column populated by the reading list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:30 PM   #833
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
This might be a little outside the intent of the plugin, but is there any way to randomize the reading list order other than closing your eyes in the "edit list" dialog and hoping you don't accidentally remove half of them?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #834
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Reading List doesn't, but Calibre does have 'Pick a Random Book' feature. I've no idea where it usually lives, but I have it on a hotkey.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #835
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Reading List doesn't, but Calibre does have 'Pick a Random Book' feature. I've no idea where it usually lives, but I have it on a hotkey.
Dice Icon if placed on toolbar OR Rightclic: view: read random book
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:29 PM   #836
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Dice Icon if placed on toolbar OR Rightclic: view: read random book
Minor point of order: 'Read Random Book' selects and opens a random book. 'Pick a Random Book' only selects one.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:20 PM   #837
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I actually sometimes use "pick random book" on a saved search to decide what to put on my reading lists in the first place.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #838
pike2000
pike2000 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Unhappy Errors when there are one or two reading lists

It seems that Reading List plugin does not work correctly when there are less then 3 reading lists
  • if there is only one reading list, the menu is missing most options, "Move to list..." option crashes
  • if there are two reading lists, the menu is missing many options (but fewer than in the case of one list)
Here is what happened. I was adding new reading lists and removing unused lists. Finally I got just one reading list left.

After it, if I clicked on "View or edit lists of books" icon, the menu did not show all options, just the following

Move to list...
View Sony DPT-S1 list (136)
Sync now
Customize plugin...

If I selected Move to list..., an error message window appeared (the details are at the bottom).

Then I added "Test" reading list with default settings. The menu showed two more options

View list(0) >
Set default list >

Then I added "To Read" list with default settings. Bingo! The menu showed all usual options (pluses, minuses, edit, etc.)

Note that disabling/enabling and removing/installing did not help. The issues can be easily reproduced by removing all lists but one or two.

Quote:
calibre 4.19 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None

Successfully initialized third party plugins: Reading List (1, 6, 7)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 391, in _move_selected_to_list
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.dialogs", line 265, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'
pike2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #839
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

If there is only one list, Reading List deliberately removes all the sub-menu options that exist for not-default lists.

Aside from that, I'm not able to duplicate any of these problems.

I am, however, using a version that has a minor bug fix I ran across looking at something else the other day. I didn't think affected anything but the displayed number of entries in a list, but it might also matter when deleting lists.

Please try the attached version and see if it helps.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-07-2020 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 07-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #840
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had a strange issue earlier today.

I had two book marked to be send on device connection. I deleted them from the Calibre library. The Reading List showed 2 books in the default list. I was unable to get that to change until I added more books to the default list and then it showed the correct number of books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote