Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I have the Aura ONE. Do I now want the Forma?

I love my Aura One but I also liked how the Forma felt in my hands. Is it worth upgrading? Do you love your Forma?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Tough call. I loved my Aura One, especially after patching allows page forward with a tap anywhere on the screen. But I'm really only using my Forma. It's just that much lighter and more comfortable to hold. And I do enjoy the page turn buttons (also patched so that either direction is page forward). Only negative in my book is that the Forma width means the device fits in a lot less jacket pockets if I'm going outside.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I never liked the One. The poor touch screen was a constant irritation.. The Forma is, to me, much more pleasant to use... But then, some people who are really happy with the One are triggered by the uneven lighting / light bar on the Forma.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
How loud is the click from the buttons on the forma? Will it wake someone up in bed?
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:30 AM   #5
Isurus
Isurus doesn't litterIsurus doesn't litter

Device: Quaderno A4 Gen2; Sage; Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
How loud is the click from the buttons on the forma? Will it wake someone up in bed?
Audible but not only about as loud as clicks from pushing buttons on mobile phones.

I was driven by the frustratingly inaccurate touchscreen of the Aura One to the Forma.
Isurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:35 AM   #6
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
My One gave up the ghost a bare month before the Forma was available, so I was unable to do a side by side comparison, but I love it, it is so light, the light is much better then the One's and when I go back to Clara while the Forma charges, I'm always trying for buttons. My only problem with the Forma is the battery: I have to charge it at least once a day. But then, I read hours at a time, especially at night.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:47 AM   #7
bongorash
Enthusiast
bongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura 1, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
I absolutely love my Forma ! A big improvement on the Aura One - yes it is bigger but so much better to hold and I find myself reading more on the Forma than I ever did on any of my previous ereaders. I also don't notice any 'light band' down the side.

I moved to the Forma from the Aura One a while ago - primarily for the page turn buttons. The strange thing is that having desired a ereader with page turn buttons for so long I find that I rarely use the page turn buttons on the Forma as the touchscreen taps are so much more effective than on the Aura One.

If you can afford it - get it! (PS my page turn buttons are silent)
bongorash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:03 AM   #8
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
Does the screen go orange/yellow, or does it have green blobs like the One?
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #9
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
There are no blobs on my forma, lovely even lightning all over.
The buttons were stiffer at first and made more noise. I find that where I press the button makes a difference in firmness and in noise. My forma seems to get better with use, but the buttons are not getting loose or anything worrying.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Audible but not only about as loud as clicks from pushing buttons on mobile phones.

I was driven by the frustratingly inaccurate touchscreen of the Aura One to the Forma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongorash View Post
I absolutely love my Forma ! A big improvement on the Aura One - yes it is bigger but so much better to hold and I find myself reading more on the Forma than I ever did on any of my previous ereaders. I also don't notice any 'light band' down the side.

I moved to the Forma from the Aura One a while ago - primarily for the page turn buttons. The strange thing is that having desired a ereader with page turn buttons for so long I find that I rarely use the page turn buttons on the Forma as the touchscreen taps are so much more effective than on the Aura One.

If you can afford it - get it! (PS my page turn buttons are silent)

Awesome, thank you for the responses. Just ordered one from walmart.

Last edited by radbaddude; 02-03-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: quotes
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #11
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
Can you use the page turn buttons in the tub or the sauna?
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoanohn View Post
Can you use the page turn buttons in the tub or the sauna?
I haven't tried it, but no reason why you shouldn't be able to. Waterproofing is internal so pressing a button isn't going to break the seal.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #13
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Thanks everyone. Seems pretty darn unanimous. My 8 year old son has co discated my aura one for himself. So right now we are sharing. It might be a good time for me to upgrade.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:03 PM   #14
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Does the Forma have the same Overdrive integration as the Aura One? I use it a lot on the A1.
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #15
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAJ View Post
Does the Forma have the same Overdrive integration as the Aura One? I use it a lot on the A1.
Yes it does.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote