Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 10:33 AM   #1
seannymurrs
seannymurrs began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro (10.5")
Question Question about re-adding books (+metadata/covers)

Long story short, my Calibre library was hosed. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but something must have happened to the metadata.db because my library is now empty even though all of the files are still where they are supposed to be. I've resorted to creating a new library and re-adding all of my books. I was hoping that, since the opf, json, and cover files are all still in the subfolders with the ebook files, that Calibre would be able to read that data when re-adding the books. That doesn't seem to be the case, however. I tried adding books using the folder and subfolder option, and I clicked yes on the option to have Calibre treat all files in the same folder as the same book. All of my books appear to get added, but none of the metadata and/or covers are included. Am I missing something, or is it just not possible to include that data when adding books?
seannymurrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
First, before all the manual rebuilding, have you tried to simply point Calibre to the location of your library? (Switch/create library - use a previously existing library at the new location)
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #3
seannymurrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
First, before all the manual rebuilding, have you tried to simply point Calibre to the location of your library? (Switch/create library - use a previously existing library at the new location)
I did try that, and it just shows an empty library.
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Did you look in the library folder and is the metadata.db file gone?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:22 PM   #5
seannymurrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Did you look in the library folder and is the metadata.db file gone?
The file is still there.
Advert