Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 06:33 AM   #1171
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Thank you all for your help - using the Tweak has solved it. I have no idea why it started happening in the first place as I have never looked in that section before. Lots of interesting things there to explore. Thank you once again.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:56 PM   #1172
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Remove non dc: metadata elements seems to have stopped working.

Can anyone confirm?

Not sure when, but fairly recently, the plugin hasn't changed for 3+ years!

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:47 AM   #1173
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Still works on 3.31. Haven't updated to 3.32 yet.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:59 AM   #1174
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

!ilovejedd - I think I must have been having a problem for a while

I just found a book I processed a couple of months ago that had my custom columns in the OPF, it has no cover which proves it went through the Modify process - I strip both covers and non-dc elements with Modify.

I'm not sure it's all books - I might copy a bunch of previously processed books to a test library and run them though Modify

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-29-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:22 AM   #1175
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The Remove non dc: metadata elements seems to have stopped working.

Can anyone confirm?

Not sure when, but fairly recently, the plugin hasn't changed for 3+ years!

BR
False alarm - A gremlin must have checked the Update metadata embedded in the book when opening setting in the Book editor, sometimes I use the editor's file merge feature after Modify.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-29-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #1176
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
the plugin hasn't changed for 3+ years!
This does remind me that I have a few unreleased tweaks on my development version that I ought to merge in and release. I’ve been using ’em for a while, so they oughta be stable...

(Nothing huge, just stuff like adjustments to the depretty results. Should only make a difference when viewing the book’s code.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #1177
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
modify epub - not returning to my place in book list

not sure if this is a bug, a feature??? or some side effect of other settings

if i display a list of books e.g. i list those where read=n, then i process one item by using modify epub... when I accept the modify epub changes I am not then returned to that book in the list. I am returned to top of list? or somewhere else in list? but whatever- with a long list the book I just modified is often nowhere to be seen as it's now off screen

NB this is an old-ish 3rd party plugin, not Kovid's polish epub one. dunno exactly how long it's been like this and whether it started to happen after some specific calibre release. I am currently on latest 3.39.1
only a minor annoyance but if there's an easy fix ...
i use this plug in, and not the polish one, because I am used to it, it does all that I want, except for the return to list bit, and so I have no great desire to change
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #1178
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this depends on what column sort (or VL rule) is active at the time:
I use this PI all the time and never noticed a focus issue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #1179
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the filter it does not play nice with is
#read:"=n"
y could you try that please if you have a similar column
( read is something I set up, with instructions I'd now struggle to find
it is multi valued single character : y, n, i ( for in progress) q ( for quit / abandoned... )
Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #1180
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weird, I tried it on 3.32 just now.

First time, it scrolled to the top of the list but the book remained selected so pressing an arrow key got the book back in focus on the book list.

Tried it multiple times thereafter and I've been unable to recreate the issue.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #1181
stumped
Wizard

Thanks. I did not think to try and arrow key. May do that later.
It's one of those "annoying but not quite annoying enough to spend time working on it" bugs
Usually I work only with my short in progress filter so it's less noticable.
So it seems it , sometimes, causes a refresh of the filtered list, when exited by accepting the modify
Old 02-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #1182
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Weird, I tried it on 3.32 just now.

First time, it scrolled to the top of the list but the book remained selected so pressing an arrow key got the book back in focus on the book list.

Tried it multiple times thereafter and I've been unable to recreate the issue.
When calibre starts nothing is highlighted as being selected, if you run Modify when calibre is in that state you'll get an "You must select one or more books to perform this action." error. So you must have selected a book run Modify. Caveat: i run Modify via a keyboard shortcut, might work different for mouse clickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Thanks. I did not think to try and arrow key. May do that later.
It's one of those "annoying but not quite annoying enough to spend time working on it" bugs
Usually I work only with my short in progress filter so it's less noticable.
So it seems it , sometimes, causes a refresh of the filtered list, when exited by accepting the modify
It's not happening here, after a Modify I am back to the selected book and selected column. I tried with the "Prompt to save ePubs" checked and unchecked in Modify configure, it's normally unchecked. And I tried with and without a search term, within a selective VL and in the All books VL.

I use Modify every day. Being keyboard centric I am particularly sensitive towards unexpected changes or loss of focus in the book list.

I'm not convinced the problem is with the Modify plugin, so I won't move the thread to the Modify PI thread.

BR
Old 02-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #1183
stumped
Wizard

All I can offer for clues is this.
Normally I only. Modify books just added to my category I, in progress.
A short list
. Works fine
I.e.i choose something new to read. Mark it as I, in progress, then use modify as a final prep of a reading version prior to the actual read. I scrub any unwanted front and back of book stuff , to go straight to the story, and let the plug in fix the toc to match

Bug appears if I scroll through a longer list e.g. my not read, read =n, list then pick out a book that I probably never tidied, not on screen 1 of that list. It is only after modifying something way down that list that I lose focus.afterwards
I will experiment more tomorrow, and post any replicable sequence of events

I suspect the plug in is partly to blame. It exits and tells calibre to go back to showing the list from which it was activated, but does that in a manner that causes calibre to show screen 1 of a multi screen filter list. So the book it just modified is off screen. I have about 400 books on that unread iist, so many many screens. I need to test more carefully and confirm that , though

Last edited by stumped; 02-06-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #1184
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

What is a 'screen' by your definition?

Can you post some before and after screen shots - no matter what I try, after running Modify I'm back to where I was.

Modify runs as a job, which means whilst its running the book list has focus. Are you sure you're not doing something whilst it runs, or the completion notify is waiting for a reply?

When the notify message appears what happens if you tap down arrow?

BR
Old 02-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #1185
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
When calibre starts nothing is highlighted as being selected, if you run Modify when calibre is in that state you'll get an "You must select one or more books to perform this action." error. So you must have selected a book run Modify. Caveat: i run Modify via a keyboard shortcut, might work different for mouse clickers.
The book list (VL >2000 books) immediately went to the top after the Modify ePub job was done (10 books, ~2MB/600K words each). The books remained selected though, so pressing an arrow key put the selected books back in focus.

I'm now thinking it might be a memory issue. I was able to recreate it in RAM-starved conditions (wasn't that hard considering I'm on 32-bit Windows, just a few Firefox windows and voila).

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-06-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Tags
modify epub