Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #1096
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Hi:

I have a question about setting margins. Is there a way to set the default margins for the "Small", "Medium" and "Large" buttons on the Page Margin section? I want to maximize my reading space and I like very narrow margins. I tried playing with the epub.css file, adding specific margins controls (eg margins: 0em 0.05em) and @page properties, but nothing seems to work. Is there a default setting some place that I can change the values of the above buttons? Under 'Set render Style' selecting clear still gives a default margin of about 1em. Also, I have pre-edited all my epub margins to reflect my reading style. All my epubs work great in Coolreader and nickel software (patched).

Thank you.
Shunter

Last edited by SHunter101; 04-14-2014 at 10:44 AM.
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #1097
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHunter101 View Post
Hi:

I have a question about setting margins. Is there a way to set the default margins for the "Small", "Medium" and "Large" buttons on the Page Margin section? I want to maximize my reading space and I like very narrow margins. I tried playing with the epub.css file, adding specific margins controls (eg margins: 0em 0.05em) and @page properties, but nothing seems to work. Is there a default setting some place that I can change the values of the above buttons? Under 'Set render Style' selecting clear still gives a default margin of about 1em. Also, I have pre-edited all my epub margins to reflect my reading style. All my epubs work great in Coolreader and nickel software (patched).

Thank you.
Shunter
Look at here
Code:
-- crereader margin sizes
-- margin {left, top, right, bottom} in pixels
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_SMALL = {5, 10, 5, 10}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_MEDIUM = {10, 15, 10, 15}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_LARGE = {20, 20, 20, 20}
in koreader/defaults.lua .
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #1098
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
Look at here
Code:
-- crereader margin sizes
-- margin {left, top, right, bottom} in pixels
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_SMALL = {5, 10, 5, 10}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_MEDIUM = {10, 15, 10, 15}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_LARGE = {20, 20, 20, 20}
in koreader/defaults.lua .
Thank you Chrox! That did it! Well almost. Very strange, I set both left and right margins to zero (all of them actually, more on this later), and there is still about a 0.5em gap for both left and right margins. However, punctuation is allowed to use this 0.5em space. It is way better than what it was, so no complaints; I will play with the css options to gain a bit more, if possible. Caution though, if you set the bottom margin to zero you will loose the last line if you use the mini progress bar (progress bar covers 90% of the bottom line). If you select the full progress bar then all is fine, the last line is fine and you do not loose the top line (top margin set to zero). Bug?

Shunter
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #1099
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yes, It should work, at least on the mini, because /dev/input/event0 seems to be the non-existent touchpad, I don't know if glo, aura and aura-hd have this event interface. If somebody with a Touch can test it:

# cat /dev/input/event0 > kobo-refresh
(now press one time the hardware home button)

and share here this file we can test it with other devices

When I arrive at home I'll post the bin file to refresh my mini, but keep in mind that this file contains info about the touchscreen and don't work with resolutions higher than 600x800
so I guess no Touch user has tried it yet.
Just installed koreader on my Aura, and it is working very fine - glad to see the dictionary work in pdf files too :-)
Thank you all guys for all your work!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:23 AM   #1100
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
another remark about re-flowed pdf: in this book all the quotes are minuscule

screenshot from pc https://anonfiles.com/file/f40bb0d63...7bb678f05d0778

and when I try to increase the font to maximum just to be able to read the line, ko-reader crashes

using the new 6" kobo aura, build 2014.04-2

Last edited by serdar0020; 04-16-2014 at 01:27 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #1101
SixOfOne
SixOfOne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is there a way to get standby/sleep to work with Koreader on the Aura HD? When I push the button for sleep, the word "standby" flashes on the screen by it stays on. The light turns off by I can still flip the pages. That might not use much power, but it's annoying because the pages turn unintentionally when I pick it up, touch it, whatever. Any known fixes for this issue?
SixOfOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #1102
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfOne View Post
Is there a way to get standby/sleep to work with Koreader on the Aura HD? When I push the button for sleep, the word "standby" flashes on the screen by it stays on. The light turns off by I can still flip the pages. That might not use much power, but it's annoying because the pages turn unintentionally when I pick it up, touch it, whatever. Any known fixes for this issue?
What works for me is to change the timing settings in uimanager.lua, using Notepad++. The file is located at ./.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui/uimanager.lua.
Around line 300 you should see a "timeout=1" I change it to timeout=0. Then you should find another line like this: self:scheduleIn(0.5, function() Device:Suspend() end) I change it to: self:scheduleIn(2, function() Device:Suspend() end)

This gives me a suspend that is just a frozen screen that makes it so I can clean the screen or put my AuraHD in my pocket. I can check that it is working by poking where I would normally get a menu.

Sometimes, after along period of use I may have to restart Koreader for it to continue to work. Some others have tried this but they reported that it didn't work for them.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #1103
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Return to Homescreen on Kobo AURA after exiting Koreader.

EDIT: HOWTO install on your own AURA
Unpack attached zip-file to the koreader directory and add the line
Code:
cat kobohome.bin > /dev/input/event1
two times to the end of the shell script koreader_kobo.sh

HOW did I do it for other kobo's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
If somebody with a Touch can test it:

# cat /dev/input/event0 > kobo-refresh
(now press one time the hardware home button)

and share here this file we can test it with other devices
Okay, I had some problem getting it to work. First I only created zero byte files.

Then I used:
Code:
cat /dev/input/event0
and started to tap, but nothing happened. Then I used
Code:
cat /dev/input/event1
. It resulted in non-identical output for multiple taps:
Code:
mQSï¬9mQS"*0mQS**2mQS4*51mQS>*6ÍmQSI*mQSW*1mQSa*ÍmQSl*mQSx*JmQS*mQS69mQS[0mQSb2mQS}51mQS6ÍmQSmQSªmQS³JmQS»mQSí
                                                                                                              9mQS'
                                                                                                                   0mQS/
                                                                                                                        2mQS9
                                                                                                                            5mQSB
    6ÊmQSN
          mQS[
              mQSe
                  ÊmQSq
                       mQS|
                           JmQS
                               mQS8
9mQS,8
0mQS28
2mQSE8
5mQSO8
6ÊmQSZ8
mQSq8
mQSy8
JmQS8
mQS9Ò9mQSÖÒ0mQSÓ2mQS`Ó5mQSÓ6ÄmQSÞÓmQS!ÔmQS^ÔÄmQSÔmQSÜÔJmQSÕnQSÐ*9nQSÜ*0nQSÝ*2nQSè*5nQSê*6ÄnQSì*nQSò*nQSô*JnQSö*nQSñ9nQS.0nQS52nQS?5
nQSJ6ÂnQSUnQSc
nQSmÂnQSxnQS
            JnQSnQSê9nQS0nQS2nQS25
nQS<6ÂnQSGnQS_nQShJnQSqnQSDÌ
9nQS{Ì
0nQSÌ
2nQSÌ
nQSÌ
6¹nQS*Ì
nQS³Ì
¹nQS¾Ì
nQSÊÌ
JnQSÙÌ
nQSq0
9nQS0
0nQS0
2nQS¥0
nQS¯0
6¹nQSº0
nQSÐ0
nQSØ0
JnQSà0
nQSï=9nQS'>0nQS/>2nQS9>5
nQSC>6¯nQSO>nQSa>¯nQSl>nQSx>JnQS>oQSÂæ9oQSÍæ0oQSÏæ2oQSØæ5
oQSÚæ6¯oQSÝæoQSâæoQSäæJoQSææoQSá9oQS
0oQS2oQS
oQS%6oQS0oQSAoQSLoQSWJoQSeoQS39oQS40oQSa42oQS§45
oQSé46oQS(5oQSp5oQS¬5JoQSç5PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYoQSÍ9oQSÍ0oQSÍ2oQSÍ5
oQS*Í6¥oQS£ÍoQS§Í¥oQS©ÍoQS«ÍJoQS¯ÍoQSz9oQS0oQS2oQS5
oQS6¥oQSoQSoQSJoQSoQSW
                      9oQS©W
                            0oQS°W
                                  2oQSºW
oQSÄW
       0pQS
            2pQS 5
             2rQS58rQSÛ6ÀrQS?rQS
        0rQS¼                   8rQSÃÀrQSrQS"×9rQSc×0rQSk×2rQS*×58rQSª×6ÀrQS¶×rQSÙ×rQSã×JrQSõ×sQSܯ9sQS°0sQS2sQS%°5IsQS/°6ÊsQS:°sQSG°IsQSQ°ÊsQS\°sQSh°JsQSw°sQS)Ú9sQS¹Ú0sQSÈÚ2sQSÝÚ5IsQSçÚ6ÊsQSòÚsQS ÛsQSÛJsQSÛsQS$
9sQSZ·qQS:9qQS<:0qQSD:2qQSM:57qQSW:6ÍqQSc:qQSp:7qQSz:ÍqQS
0sQSaJqQS:rQSýH9rQS5I0rQS=I2rQSHI53rQSRI6ÌrQS]IrQSjI3rQStIÌrQSIrQS¸9rQSÐ0rQS×2rQSç53rQSñ6ÌrQSürQSrQSJrQS!rQSI9rQS0rQS2rQS5;rQ2sQSkS§rQSµ;rQS¿ÀrQSÊrQSÕJrQSårQSD²9rQSà²0rQSð²2rQS³5;rQS³6ÀrQS³rQS/³rQS7³JrQS?³PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTY5GsQSuQSÆ0rQSÈ2rQSÊ5;rQSÌ6ÈrQSÎrQSÒÈrQSÕrQS×JrQSÜrQSôà   9rQS
6ÍsQS                                                        á   0rQSá   2rQSá   5;rQSá  6ÃrQSá  rQS á   ÃrQS+á  rQS¿S
GsQSØS
ÍsQS¢S
sQS®ñS
JsQS¼ûS
sQSX9sQSe0sQSf2sQSq5GsQSs6ÍsQSusQSzsQS|JsQS~sQSkO
rQS                                              9sQS¥O
rQS#T                                                  0sQS¬O
JrQS*T                                                       2sQS¶O
rQSuS6QSÚ                                                          5EsQSÀO
                                                                          6ÏsQSËO
                                                                                 sQSØO
                                                                                      EsQSâO
                                                                                            ÏsQSíO
                                                                                                  sQSùO
                                                                                                       JsQP
                                                                                                           sQSk
9sQSØ
0sQSó
2sQSý
5IsQS
ÎsQS
QS
sQS(
sQS@
QS4q
9sQS²q
0sQSøq
2sQS@r
5IsQSr
6ÎsQSÂr
sQS
sQSIs
JsQS
s
tQSS9tQS)S0tQS*S2tQS,S5MtQS.S6ÑtQS0StQS4SMtQS5SÑtQS8StQS:SJtQS>StQX9tQSX0tQSX2tQSX5MtQSX6ÑtQSXtQSXtQS*XJtQS£XtQSµ}   9tQSì}  0tQSô}  2tQSþ}  5JtQ~   6×tQS~  tQS!~   JtQS+~  ×tQS6~  tQSA~   JtQSP~  tQS¡
9tQS»
0tQSÂ
2tQSÖ
5JtQSá
6×tQSë
tQS
tQS
JtQS
vQSé   9vQSÍé  0vQSÕé  2vQSßé  53vQSèé 6ÃvQSôé vQSê    3vQS
ê   ÃvQSê   vQS"ê   JvQS1ê  vQSÉ
9vQS=É
0vQSDÉ
2vQS\É
53vQSgÉ
6ÃvQSrÉ
vQSÉ
vQSÉ
JvQSÉ
wQS9wQSµ0wQS½2wQSÈ58wQSÑ6ÇwQSÝwQSê8wQSôÇwQSÿwQS
                                               JwQSwQS£¸       9wQSø  0wQSʸ  2wQS㸠 58wQSî¸ 6ÇwQSù¸ wQS¹    wQS¹    JwQS!¹  xQSu
9xQSØu
0xQSáu
2xQSëu
5:xQSöu
6ÈxQSv
xQSv
:xQSv
ÈxQS%v
xQS1v
JxQS@v
êzQSGè9zQShè0zQSoè2zQSè5&zQSè6¹zQSèzQS·èzQSÀèJzQSÉè}QSÓK9}QSzQS
                                                            L0}QSL2}QSL5'}QS(L6À}QS3L}QSAL'}QSJLÀ}QSVL}QSbLJ}QSpL}QS59}QSV0}QS]2}QSx5'}QS6À}QS}QS¦}QS®J}QSQSQSGQSOQSZ5QSd6QSQS}QSQQSQSQS=   QSs    QS|    QS    5QS   6QS  QS©     QS³    QSÏ   QSO    QSs   QSy   QS   5QS  6QSª QSÂ   QSÊ    QSÓ   QSõk9QS#l0QS*l2QS4l5/QS>l6ÀQSJlQSXl/QSblÀQSmlQSylJQSl
                                                                                                QS
 QS³
 QS»
 QSÇ
5+
  QSÐ
6½
  QSÜ

QSê
+
 QSô
½
 QS
QSå|9
     QS}0
         QS
           }2
             QS&}5+
                   QS0}6½
                         QS;}
                             QSR}
                                 QS[}J
5-QS6·QS"QS0-QS9·QSEQSQJQS_PuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYQSS¨9QS¨0QS¨2QS¨5*QS¢¨6³QS*¨QSº¨*QSĨ³QSߨQ]6®QS]QS&](QS0]®QS;]QSG]JQSV]QS>99QS_90QSf92QS95(QS96®QS9QS¯9QS·9JQSÀ9QSYk9QSk0QS2QS¦k5#QS¯k6¯QS»kQSÈk#QSÒk¯QSÞkQSékJQSùkQ9QS0QS2QS5QS6¬QSQQS  ¬QSQS        9QS    0QS    2QS0   5QS:   6¬QSD  QS[    QSb    JQSj   QS²ø9QSëø0QSóø2QSýø5'QSùQSQSùQS ù'QS)ù²QS4ùQS@ùJQSNùPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYQS8ú9QSXú0QS_ú2QSyú5'QSú6²QSúQS¦úQS®úJQS¶ú
                  ;QS`×9QS×0QS×2QS©×5&QS³×6¯QS¾×QSË×&QSÜ×QSç×JQSö×QS*o9QSÏo0QSÖo2QSïo5&QSúo6¯QSpQSpQS%pJQS-pPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYQS9QSR0QSY2QSc5.QSm6²QSyQS.QS²QSQS¦JQS´QSbû9QSû0QSû2QS£û5.QS*û6²QS¹ûQSÑûQSÙûJQSáûQS¢\9QSÚ\0QSâ\2QSì\5'QSõ\6²QS]QS]'QS]QS*]JQS9]QSB9QSÅB0QSÍB2QS×B5&QSàB6®QSëBQSùB&QSC®QSCQS*9QS³*0QSú*2QS®5&QS®6®QS$®QS;®QSB®JQSJ®QSس
    QSd;                                                                                                                  9QS´;6¯                                                                                                                 QSN;5$
 0QS´                                                                                                           QS5;2
     2QS"´                                                                                                 QS/;0
          5/QS,´                                                                                       QS;9
                6²QS7´                      QSªXPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTYPuTTY
                      QSD´              QSXJ
                          /QSN´  QS  QSX
                            QSz²QSY´¯
                        QSmX        QSd´
                  QSbX6¯                JQSs´
            QSXX5$                           QS~µ
       QSNX2
  QSFX0
X9
9QSµ
0QS¥µ
2QS˵
5/QS˵
6²QSÖµ
QSíµ
QSöµ
JQSþµ
QSÀ9QS÷0QSÿ2QS   5/QS6°QSQS0°QS;QSGJQSUQSÿ]       9QS^   0QS^   2QS2^  5/QS<^ 6°QSG^ QS]^   QSe^   JQSm^  QSds9QS0QS£s2QS*s54QS·s6»QSÂsQSÏs4QSÙs»QSäsQSïsJQSÿsQSAd9QScd0QSjd2QS
QSi9QS                                            d54QSd6»QSdQS²dQSºdJQSÂdQSX*
0QS2QS¡5:QS¬6¶QS¶QSÍQSÕJQSÜQSj9QS*0QS¨2QS²5:QS½6µQSÈQSÛµQSæQSñJQSQSÖD      9QSðD  0QSöD  2QS
E       5:QSE  6µQSE  QS7E   QS?E   JQSGE  ^C
Then I gave Pazos command:
Code:
[root@(none) ~]# cat /dev/input/event1 > kobohome.bin
^C
and it finally resulted in a non-zero file.

Then I adapted the shell script koreader_kobo.sh and added at the end twice the line
Code:
The first line activates the top menu, the second line gives the home screen.

I've added an Aura Homebutton binary file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Aura Homebutton binary.zip (260 Bytes, 146 views)

Last edited by Markismus; 04-18-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added simple howto.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:47 AM   #1104
SixOfOne
SixOfOne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
What works for me is to change the timing settings in uimanager.lua, using Notepad++. The file is located at ./.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui/uimanager.lua.
Around line 300 you should see a "timeout=1" I change it to timeout=0. Then you should find another line like this: self:scheduleIn(0.5, function() Device:Suspend() end) I change it to: self:scheduleIn(2, function() Device:Suspend() end)

This gives me a suspend that is just a frozen screen that makes it so I can clean the screen or put my AuraHD in my pocket. I can check that it is working by poking where I would normally get a menu.

Sometimes, after along period of use I may have to restart Koreader for it to continue to work. Some others have tried this but they reported that it didn't work for them.

Luck;
Ken
I made these changes and standby is now working in Koreader on my Aura HD. Thanks!
SixOfOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #1105
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
EDIT: HOWTO install on your own AURA
Unpack attached zip-file to the koreader directory and add the line
Code:
two times to the end of the shell script koreader_kobo.sh
Thank you Marksimus, but I cannot make it work on my Aura. I am sure I must be doing something very basically wrong - since my koreader_kobo.sh file is in the .kobo directory, not in koreader, I added twice at the end of that file the following lines:
Code:
cat /koreader/kobohome.bin > /dev/input/event1
Have I made a mistake in directing to the koreader folder (where I have put the .bin file)?

(the reason I have koreader_kobo.sh outside of the koreader directory is because of a modification of the path to dictionary files, so that the modified koreader_kobo.sh file will not be modified every time I update the koreader version).
Old 04-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #1106
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Thank you Marksimus, but I cannot make it work on my Aura. I am sure I must be doing something very basically wrong - since my koreader_kobo.sh file is in the .kobo directory, not in koreader, I added twice at the end of that file the following lines:
Code:
Have I made a mistake in directing to the koreader folder (where I have put the .bin file)?

(the reason I have koreader_kobo.sh outside of the koreader directory is because of a modification of the path to dictionary files, so that the modified koreader_kobo.sh file will not be modified every time I update the koreader version).
EDIT: you should use
Code:
cat ./koreader/kobohome.bin > /dev/input/event1
Before you looked for the nonexisting directory koreader in the root, while now you specify it as from the current directory ("./")

Interesing. I am not seeing anything wrong. However, why don't you follow along the steps and create your own bin-file.

If you're unsure how to get a command shell to issue the commands, then the fastest way is to use KoboLauncher for USBnet. The first time is the trickiest if I remember correctly, because you have to manually change the IP address of your koboreader. It appears as a --I believe-- NDIS Gadget. Select properties>Internet Protocol Version 4>Use the following IP address>IP address: 192.168.2.99. Done.
After that you can use Putty an telnet to 192.168.2.101 or WinSCP and FTP to 102.168.2.101. The user name is "root", password is empty. From WinSCP you can also lauch Putty during a FTP session.

Last edited by Markismus; 04-19-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:11 AM   #1107
Markismus
Guru

@tshering, @enotar and @olobolger:

Could any of you Touch owners enable debugging with the "-d" flag after reader.lua in koreader_kobo.sh, start koreader and press the home button a number of times and post the resulting ev.log file? It would give us the event codes for the home button from which we could return to home screen after exiting koreader.

Rather nice would also be a binary file for the home button as generated by pacos' method.

The first result would allow us to return to the Nickel homescreen using koreader lua-code, the second would hack the koreader_kobo.sh script to do it quick and dirty.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #1108
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
EDIT: you should use
Code:
cat ./koreader/kobohome.bin > /dev/input/event1
Before you looked for the nonexisting directory koreader in the root, while now you specify it as from the current directory ("./")
Many thanks Marksimus. I have tried again with your correction, but it did not work. But adding two dots did, that is with the line
Code:
cat ../koreader/kobohome.bin > /dev/input/event1
I put the two dots only because the koreader directory is at the same level as the _Dict directory where the dictionaries are (I followed your suggestions here).

Anyhow, glad it works, thanks again for your help - I tried to make telnet work in the past, but that is above my (in)abilities...
Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 AM   #1109
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Is it possible to have programmable tap zones, like in coolreader?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #1110
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
Is it possible to have programmable tap zones, like in coolreader?
Yes, see lines 59 and further in default.lua.