Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
Shaun6981
Shaun6981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Help with Calibre library

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me.
I upgraded my machine yesterday from Windows 7 (I know!) and Calibre was uninstalled although it's retained my library.
Over the years I've amassed many 1000s of ebooks and now I can't seem to get them back into Calibre. I tried to point Calibre to the original file where all the ebooks are stored but it only loaded a small fraction of them and it took a LONG time.
Can anyone help?
Shaun6981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun6981 View Post
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me.
I upgraded my machine yesterday from Windows 7 (I know!) and Calibre was uninstalled although it's retained my library.
Over the years I've amassed many 1000s of ebooks and now I can't seem to get them back into Calibre. I tried to point Calibre to the original file where all the ebooks are stored but it only loaded a small fraction of them and it took a LONG time.
Can anyone help?
Say you have a backup of your (good) Library

Pointing (Create/Switch: Use EXISTING) to the folder
and NOT using ADD is the proper way to use any valid Calibre Library

Takes about 20 seconds to switch (on a basic machine)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert