zamorano
zamorano began at the beginning.

Device: none
By the way, thank you very much for your help, stumped
zamorano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:06 AM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorano View Post
By the way, thank you very much for your help, stumped
ok but please try my suggestion of testing with the alternative calibrebox app to help establish if it is an app problem or a dropbox issue
i think the problem may be with the folder structure in dropbox not with the metadata.db file

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rebox&hl=en_GB

if calibrebox works where CC does not then it's a CC problem

if calibrebox does not work with your dropbox ( works Ok with mine) then its a dropbox problem
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #18
Ilia Dunski
Ilia Dunski began at the beginning.

Device: Airis
I have the same problem. When I try to connect CC (paid version) to the library I have in the Box cloud, it tells me the database is missing or corrupt. The strange thing is that if I try it through the demo version of CC it connects perfectly. I have uninstalled the demo version in case it was due to some kind of incompatibility, but even so the paid version of CC does not recognize the library. I do not understand why the demo version recognizes it and the paid version does not.
Ilia Dunski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia Dunski View Post
I have the same problem. When I try to connect CC (paid version) to the library I have in the Box cloud, it tells me the database is missing or corrupt. The strange thing is that if I try it through the demo version of CC it connects perfectly. I have uninstalled the demo version in case it was due to some kind of incompatibility, but even so the paid version of CC does not recognize the library. I do not understand why the demo version recognizes it and the paid version does not.
Make the Update to 5.4.4.9
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #20
Ilia Dunski
Ilia Dunski began at the beginning.

Device: Airis
Okay. Solved. Thank you.
Ilia Dunski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 05:25 AM   #21
zamorano
zamorano began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok but please try my suggestion of testing with the alternative calibrebox app to help establish if it is an app problem or a dropbox issue
i think the problem may be with the folder structure in dropbox not with the metadata.db file

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rebox&hl=en_GB

if calibrebox works where CC does not then it's a CC problem

if calibrebox does not work with your dropbox ( works Ok with mine) then its a dropbox problem
Calibrebox works fine with my "corrupted or missing" library database. (It seems that calibrebox has a different strategy to synchronize databases: it does it on demand).

I more and more believe that my guess is close to the real problem: CC does not recover from a corrupted library downloaded by chance from dropbox (possibly while dropbox was updating it without a transaction protection).

If this were the case, CC could "easily" solve the problem by not getting stuck in case it finds its own local copy "corrupted" when trying to compare, but downloading the database in the cloudunconditionally (or asking for confirmation).

To continue using CC (the paid version, which I prefer to calibrebox, maybe for lack of experience) I had to create a new library and move my entire failing library to it. Sad.

Thank you again for the discussion
zamorano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre database missing, dropbox