Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
mathias
mathias began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300; BeBook Neo; iRiver Cover Story; Sony T1
BeBook Neo, move dictionary window

So I managed to install some stardict dictionaries that work nicely with the BeBook Neo (wordnet, oxford, collaborative international).

The problem is that the pop-up window from the dictionary often covers the word that I want to look up. This means I have to change the font size until I find a setting where the word is on top of the page, look it up, and change back to the original setting. Not very intuitive ...

Is there a way to move the pop-up window in order to mark a word beneath it? Once the window appeared on top of the screen, but I don't know why and I can't replicate.

Mathias
mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
There may be a better way, but what I do is select a word near the bottom of the visible part of the original book. The dictionary window moves itself to the top of the screen.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
mathias
mathias began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300; BeBook Neo; iRiver Cover Story; Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
There may be a better way, but what I do is select a word near the bottom of the visible part of the original book. The dictionary window moves itself to the top of the screen.
Thanks, that works! But surely there should be a proper way to do this ...
mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
I also select some random word from the last line before the dictionary.
Really didn't bother to find an alternative since it's bound to need more than one click (or is it a jab?) which is a current clicking (jabbing) requirement for the snap-to top function...
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote