Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
ndep
ndep began at the beginning.

Device: T3
media.xml reported missing every time 505 inserts

I have been using latest calibre since 3 months ago on an macbook pro, and the problem keep troubling me.

Every time AFTER I SUCCESSFULLY finish some operations with calibre, DISCONNECT it, use it for some time, and then insert it again, calibre would complain media.xml missing or corrupted. No matter how I unplug and replug, or delete media.xml then replug, it just cannot be right. The only solution I found is to connect 505 to sony ebook library running on a windows xp, who would report the same error, and "safely" disconnect it in ebook library, and plug it again, it returns to normal again. Then I plug 505 to my mbp with calibre running, it is working again. BUT nextime, I'd have to find a windows xp again.... pretty annoying, not sure a bug of calibre or of my device.
ndep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Are you using the expansion slot of the 505? If so how big is the card? I suggest reformatting any memory cards you have using the 505's reformat command, then resending all your books to the device. Alternatively, you could simply delete the media.xml file and allow the 505 to rebuild it.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert