Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #871
abendino
abendino began at the beginning.

Device: Sont DPT S1
Dear friends,

Can I make any folders on DPTRP1 like in PC?

Or all books are in one folder in it?

Thank you!
abendino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #872
xvan
xvan began at the beginning.

Device: Papwerwhite
Yes, but the books need to be sorted from the PC, or at least, I wasn't able to find how to manage files from the device.
xvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 07:06 AM   #873
abendino

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvan View Post
Yes, but the books need to be sorted from the PC, or at least, I wasn't able to find how to manage files from the device.
So when you switch device you see many folders as you created on PC?
Old 02-07-2018, 07:29 AM   #874
xvan

Quote:
So when you switch device you see many folders as you created on PC?
Yes, there are two options on the device:

List all Files and Show Folders.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #875
abendino

Quote:
Yes, there are two options on the device:

List all Files and Show Folders.
Should you swipe or just touch the screen to turn pages?
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #876
xvan

swipe about an inch. Can be done with one hand: holding the device and swiping your thumb.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #877
abendino

Quote:
swipe about an inch. Can be done with one hand: holding the device and swiping your thumb.
Pity, I wished they added just touch mode( for a pianist it is vital.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #878
Peter Silie
Peter Silie began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital paper
https://community.sony.com/t5/Reader...P1/td-p/636128

Will the update ever come out? 8 month out now, several people demanded some important features that were available with the S1 but they still cant say when the update will be released.
I am glad I didnt buy it yet and still using my S1 because using the rp1 with large pdfs (many pages) sounds impossible if you need to jump a lot between pages.
Peter Silie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:09 AM   #879
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch

After whole year the DPT-RP1 was released we still don't know how to enable/access Android on this device.
Was the above hacking done by the mole from the Sony's assembly plant in China having the knowledge how this device was locked down?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #880
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
This is just a guess, but it's probably not cracked using software, but rather with something like the debugging interface (JTAG). That could be why you have to physically give it to the person doing the cracking, and why you can't just use something like TowelRoot to do it. But I could be wrong.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #881
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I received my RP1 today. I like it! I'll be mainly using it to annotate short pdfs and take notes, and for that it is pretty good, for now.

I have a question: does anyone have/know where to get note templates? I'd like to have a simple one with just lines, no header or footer. It seems the paper size is around 20.295cm by 27.06cm... what do you use?
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #882
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
I have a question: does anyone have/know where to get note templates? I'd like to have a simple one with just lines, no header or footer.
Additional templates should be available here:

https://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/support/template/

Credit for finding this goes to pacolepain.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:59 PM   #883
DuckFOO
Enthusiast
DuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: None
What's interesting is Sony makes templates available for the old model on the U.S. site but not for the new one:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...ls#/manualsTab
DuckFOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:12 AM   #884
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Yes, as much as I try to remain optimistic, it is starting to feel as though Sony has once again abandoned a product with a loyal following, leaving folks high and dry. Hmm
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #885
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
Yes, as much as I try to remain optimistic, it is starting to feel as though Sony has once again abandoned a product with a loyal following, leaving folks high and dry. Hmm
This is why I switched to Onyx. It's a shame too because Sony has a chance to make a very polished user experience.
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote