Notices

Old 12-24-2017, 03:37 AM   #16
bookreader123
bookreader123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzhsunn View Post
Thank you for your reply .
Because I want to create a drmed epub book that opened by ibooks reports "drmed epub".
I have upload the epub file .
Now if I have the epub file, I can rename test.peub to test.zip and then extract it and delete the META-INF/encryption.xml and again zip it and rename to sth.epub.
Now I can read that epub without DRM trouble. That means DRM is useless. Isn't it? How can I secure it more?
bookreader123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:39 AM   #17
bookreader123
bookreader123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Now if I have the epub file, I can rename test.peub to test.zip and then extract it and delete the META-INF/encryption.xml and again zip it and rename to sth.epub.
Now I can read that epub without DRM trouble. That means DRM is useless. Isn't it? How can I secure it more?
bookreader123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All that means is that none of the content was actually encrypted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Note that there are two different things that can have DRM applied. The book and the font and these are independent. Not that that changes anything but I thought it was worth mentioning.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Note that there are two different things that can have DRM applied. The book and the font and these are independent. Not that that changes anything but I thought it was worth mentioning.
An obfuscated fonts in ePub can be made normal again using Sigil.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert