Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 01:37 AM   #41431
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I'd go ahead and try it! But then, I live life on the edge!
I tried it--living large, y'know? Yick. I mean, yes, I ate it. It wasn't inedible, but I damn sure wouldn't do it again. That's what I get for not taking the time this weekend to make the granola. Grumble....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #41432
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm planning my meals for next week.

I'm going house sitting for a week from Tuesday. The current weather prediction is that the first couple of days temperatures won't rise over 1C, which is cold. Normally I cycle to the nearby supermarket and do my shopping. But I'm a self-confessed good weather cyclist and since I already have to cycle over to my friends' place in the morning (when it will be well below freezing) I don't feel like cycling to the supermarket. So I've decided to have it delivered.

My grandfather used to say he was rather lazy than tired. In this case I'm rather warm than frozen.

I'm not used to meal planning, at least for more than a couple of days.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #41433
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm on the phone with a guy who is telling me that his book was "transmitted" to him by Aliens.

Hitch
Old 02-20-2018, 01:42 PM   #41434
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm on the phone with a guy who is telling me that his book was "transmitted" to him by Aliens.

Hitch
My crystal ball tells me that you may not want to have this guy as a client .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #41435
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
My crystal ball tells me that you may not want to have this guy as a client .....
OMG!!! You're psychic! (Cue Twilight Zone theme). How did you know what I was thinking???

Hitch
Old 02-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #41436
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Watching the snow falling. So far, it's not sticking. That's the third time this season it's snowed. That's too many times. It needs to stop doing this. Once a year is plenty.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #41437
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Watching the snow falling. So far, it's not sticking. That's the third time this season it's snowed. That's too many times. It needs to stop doing this. Once a year is plenty.
ROFL!!! We had an easy winter till February. Well, besides the several weeks at 0F or below. Early Feb we had snow 9 days in a row - though only small amounts, totalling maybe 12". But we've warmed up to a record breaking 64 today, and yesterday melted all that snow.

So on my dog walk this morning, I amended Elton John's "The B**ch Is Back" song, and sang to my dog: Oh, the grass, yeah the grass, yeah the grass is back! Stone cold soggy, as a matter of fact.

I'm not sure the dog was impressed, though she liked having grass to sniff.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #41438
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
ROFL!!! We had an easy winter till February. Well, besides the several weeks at 0F or below. Early Feb we had snow 9 days in a row - though only small amounts, totalling maybe 12". But we've warmed up to a record breaking 64 today, and yesterday melted all that snow.

So on my dog walk this morning, I amended Elton John's "The B**ch Is Back" song, and sang to my dog: Oh, the grass, yeah the grass, yeah the grass is back! Stone cold soggy, as a matter of fact.

I'm not sure the dog was impressed, though she liked having grass to sniff.
I do not want your winter. I've had my fill of harsh winters as a kid and want nothing more to do with them.

It's still lightly snowing and starting to stick. I'm not a happy monkey. Luckily, I don't have to go anywhere until Friday.

Quote:
...grass to sniff.
I've experienced that many a time when I walked into certain rooms
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #41439
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I do not want your winter. I've had my fill of harsh winters as a kid and want nothing more to do with them.

It's still lightly snowing and starting to stick. I'm not a happy monkey. Luckily, I don't have to go anywhere until Friday.

I've experienced that many a time when I walked into certain rooms
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #41440
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

Hitch
Give it a pass, Hitch. The aliens sent it to me first, and I thought it was highly derivative. Especially the tentacle scenes.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:14 AM   #41441
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Give it a pass, Hitch. The aliens sent it to me first, and I thought it was highly derivative. Especially the tentacle scenes.
Y'know, I thought I got a big whiff of tortoise when I opened that email.... ;-)

Spoiler:
(It was derivative. Those tentacles coming out of that pit...that's gotta be a straight rip from the Sarlacc, which, let's face it, was, er, "homaging" Frank and the Sandworms. [The Spice Must Flow!]). And that thing with the cloaked ship firing on the innocent passenger liner, making it appear that the innocent protagonists had gone on a wild killing spree, of the species that they blamed for the death of their spawn? Sheesh, where have we seen THAT before?)

Hitch
Old 02-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #41442
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sunday my sister and I went to the shopping center near her apartment. In one of the shops we visited they sold mini toolboxes in two sizes. I thought they were cute, almost bought one, but couldn't think what I'd use it for.

Today I was putting together some planner supply things together to take with my when house sitting next week. And I realized that the bigger of those tool boxes would be ideal for those supplies: pens, stamps, stencils and some chalk ink pads.

It's too cold to cycle over to the branch near my sister's place, but there's also a branch, a smaller one, near my friends' place. So next week I'll have a look if they sell them.

Also: I'm not allowed to buy pens anymore. I've got a huge amount of gel pens and fineliners for my planner and I need to use those up before I'm allowed to order more.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #41443
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just took my after dinner walk in shirt sleeves ... yep, 73 F in February ... Have I entered a parallel universe?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #41444
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Also: I'm not allowed to buy pens anymore. I've got a huge amount of gel pens and fineliners for my planner and I need to use those up before I'm allowed to order more.
WHAT? Heresy! Heresy, I say! There is no such thing as having too many pens, pencils, fineliners or other writing implement--with the possible exception of writing quills, particularly in a home with felines afoot.

I have secret stashes of pens and pencils--seriously. I hide them so that they don't go walkabout with nefarious spouses that don't appreciate the distinction between a promotional pen from some guy selling something, and my much-loved mechanical pencils and pens, lol. I'm like the guy that needs a writing implement 12-step program, ha!

Hitch
Old 02-22-2018, 02:30 AM   #41445
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
WHAT? Heresy! Heresy, I say! There is no such thing as having too many pens, pencils, fineliners or other writing implement--with the possible exception of writing quills, particularly in a home with felines afoot.

I have secret stashes of pens and pencils--seriously. I hide them so that they don't go walkabout with nefarious spouses that don't appreciate the distinction between a promotional pen from some guy selling something, and my much-loved mechanical pencils and pens, lol. I'm like the guy that needs a writing implement 12-step program, ha!

Hitch
May I join you in the 12 step program?

Currently I have on hand: a set of 8 fineliners from the department store Hema (currently my main writing set), a set of 24 Staedler fineliners, a set of 12 Gelly Roll glitter pens, a set of 48 gel pens from AliExpress, a set of 24 fineliner pens and a set of 6 Frixion pens. Then I have a bunch of gel pens that I bought separately. Last night I caught myself looking at a set of 100 gel pens on Ali. It's getting ridiculous.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?