Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cursor in PDF not start from first link, why?

Sorry to repost this one here because nobody answers my question in the PDF forum.

I created my own pdf book for my Nook, by using OpenOffice Write latest version (save as PDF command, at default setting).

The first few pages of the document are table of content which I create manually and each line of the TOC has hyperlink pointing to different chapters in the document.

The problem is when I open the PDF document in my Nook, the link cursor automatically places itself at the last link on that page, instead of at the first link. The more funny thing is, I have to press "down" arrow on LCD to move the cursor up!; and press up to move the cursor down!. However, every link brings me to the right locations in the document.

My question is: this is the problem created by OpenOffice "save as pdf" function, or it is the pdf reader software in my Nook? I've tried with a few documents, it has the same issue.

It's not the end of the world, but just annoying.

Last edited by bthoven; 02-09-2010 at 07:30 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here is one example. There are four hyperlinks on the first page. When you open the ebook, the cursor will be placed at the fourth link first; you have to press the "down or v" on the LCD to move the cursor "up", very strange.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thailand - Brief History.pdf (62.5 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by bthoven; 02-12-2010 at 07:03 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert