Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 12:25 AM   #1
Keepsmiling
Keepsmiling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2018
Calibre Companion not sorting properly

I have an older version of CC - pre subscription but it was doing the job I wanted it for - get calibre library to iPhone - and keep my library organized so I could easily see if I had a book or not - it was sorted by author. Then a while back I found it would not sort by author.

I thought I read in one of these forums that it may be a consequence of using multiple ways to transfer my books; usb cable, wireless and / or content server. Guilty, I have used all 3.

Anyway, I also thought I read that one solution was to delete the CC library and transfer them from calibre all again.

It's finally annoying me enough I thought I would do that.

I'm ok with having to copy over small batches of books at a time to rebuild the library.

But I'm wondering if there is a quick way to delete the 700 books without having to do it one at a time.

Thanks for any suggestions
Keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #2
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
iOS won't allow deleting an app's data and retaining the app itself. If you did that you would have to reinstall CC and start from scratch, but unless you have kept a copy somehow of your original CC download you would have to get it from the App Store and pay the annual subscription or put up with the ads.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Keepsmiling
Keepsmiling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2018
thanks datostar - I appreciate the help

not what I hoped to hear but not like I'm surprised

sounds drastic I'll have to think about that - don't know if I trust the old version would work on the iPhone 13

nonetheless - I do appreciate you taking the time to respond
Keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote