Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-29-2023, 09:51 PM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Amazon Wireless? I thought I'd read that that was something Amazon was working on, not something available now.
I've had it since Dec 2020. Here's a link:

Amazon Wireless

This is the second time Amazon has failed to pay Tracfone and my service was disconnected. A week later and Amazon has failed to resolve this issue. Additionally, Amazon won't let me cancel the service because they're still investigating it. Needless to say, I'm extremely ticked off. Hence, bye bye Prime.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:16 PM   #77
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Amazon Wireless

This is the second time Amazon has failed to pay Tracfone and my service was disconnected. A week later and Amazon has failed to resolve this issue. Additionally, Amazon won't let me cancel the service because they're still investigating it. Needless to say, I'm extremely ticked off. Hence, bye bye Prime.
Why would you pay Amazon for something you can get direct? I paid $149 for 2 Years of Tracfone roll over service (I have lots of rollover since I mainly use the talk when I am out.) My other phone is part of my Internet (cable) service.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2023, 08:21 AM   #78
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Nope. That plan is developed by those carriers.
The last mile can be expensive for UPS in rural areas without daily volume. They need to send a truck lots of distance (and time) for 1 package. OTOH the USPS tends to have multiple deliveries in the same area.

The issue is it is not being used smartly by the shippers. (And they may not know if you live way out on a Farm or in a Townhouse). A couple of year back, my ISP sent a replacement Router using that method.. 4 Days without Internet. In the heart of Silicon Valley, where the UPS trucks regularly pass near each other during the day because the routes are so dense. I could have driven to Santa Rosa and back in 4 Hours (and stopped for a burger).
I understand. The UPS driver that visits my store almost every day also delivers to my house. Both are on the same street about 1.2 miles apart.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 10:49 AM   #79
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:

Amazon Wireless

Thanks, tubemonkey. The info on the page seems pretty confusing. It looks like the only advantage is the 10 percent discount, but not much of an advantage if Amazon screws up and your service is disconnected! Hope you get it resolved without even more hassle.

Quote:
Why would you pay Amazon for something you can get direct? I paid $149 for 2 Years of Tracfone roll over service (I have lots of rollover since I mainly use the talk when I am out.) My other phone is part of my Internet (cable) service.
I just renewed Mint Mobile for a year for $180, after finishing a six-month trial offer. That was the best deal I could find: unlimited talk and text, and 5GB data per month, which is about a hundred times more data than I use!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 11:40 AM   #80
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is holding off orders and combining them until you have enough to qualify for free shipping not feasible for your situation? Admittedly its slow.
It's not about feasibility for me. Amazon works just fine for me and I'm willing to pay the $139.00.

What I'm hearing is that some of you want partial Prime benefits w/o being Prime members and Amazon put a stop to that. Live with it.

All businesses do what's best for them, you do the same, but stop whining about it. All businesses try to push you into upgrading for more money, ignore it. It's not that difficult.

Everything goes up in price that is just a fact of life as is changes in life. Amazon is no different, they have bills to pay as well as we do. It's called business!

If you refuse to spend some time double checking before you hit buy, that's on you. I have no sympathy for lazy people.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #81
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Uh, okay? (Also, funny that wages don't go up, but that's for another thread.)

I was mostly referring to "mostly being sunk" if you didn't have free shipping, except you could if you combined orders.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 11:49 AM   #82
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
If Amazon didn't exist, I'd have to purchase everything I get from them either in person from a store then lug it home or order everything separately which would charge shipping. Costing me a lot more money.

As I said, Amazon works just fine for me. If it doesn't work for you, no one has put a gun to your head to continue using them. So drop them and move on.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 11:56 AM   #83
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I feel like we're holding two different conversations...
Old 06-30-2023, 12:01 PM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How many minutes, text and data does that plan include? Also, I can't find that plan anywhere on Tracfone. Do you have a link?
Old 06-30-2023, 12:09 PM   #85
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks, tubemonkey. The info on the page seems pretty confusing. It looks like the only advantage is the 10 percent discount, but not much of an advantage if Amazon screws up and your service is disconnected! Hope you get it resolved without even more hassle.
The plan was also tax and fee free, which amounted to additional savings of around $3 a month. And the hassle still continues...

Quote:
I just renewed Mint Mobile for a year for $180, after finishing a six-month trial offer. That was the best deal I could find: unlimited talk and text, and 5GB data per month, which is about a hundred times more data than I use!
That's an even better plan. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:27 PM   #86
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon's matured to the point of being just another huge corporation. Removing benefits while increasing prices doesn't bother them anymore. Customer service is worse today than when I first started using Amazon and customer retention appears to be a low priority these days.

Thankfully, they aren't the only game in town. I've never stopped using other stores while being a Prime member. Lowest price always wins out, even if delivery takes longer. For the past several years, most of my major purchases came from other stores anyway (Best Buy, Navy Exchange, Target, etc).
Old 06-30-2023, 12:41 PM   #87
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
How many minutes, text and data does that plan include? Also, I can't find that plan anywhere on Tracfone. Do you have a link?
The plans keep changing. I have always used the 365 day, 400 min plans.
Some of my replacement phones gave me 800 mins with phone purchase)
This last time, I went the SIM only route (bought an unlocked Moto G7 power)

The second year was offered at checkout of the 400Min 1 Y plan (You can also buy those cards at Walmart and never set up a Tracfone account online)
Adding Min or data is easy, Purchace cards for what you want at many major (box store) retailers. No need to go to a Phone store.
BTW I transferred my number from my Verizon account I opened in 2000 (300 min, local only:$40/mo. The only great thing was coverage. It worked places where the company Nextel did not)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 06:38 PM   #88
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Uh, okay? (Also, funny that wages don't go up, but that's for another thread.)

Are you refering to Amazon employee wages?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 06:58 PM   #89
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Are you refering to Amazon employee wages?
I was talking a more general sense. Wages in general have kind of stalled (despite there being a 'labour shortage'), and anti-union rhetoric is pretty high too.

From what I understand, Amazon has some of the better wages, though obviously it doesn't make up for their horrid working conditions.
Old 06-30-2023, 08:18 PM   #90
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I was talking a more general sense. Wages in general have kind of stalled (despite there being a 'labour shortage'), and anti-union rhetoric is pretty high too.

I guess my state isn't one of those "general sense" states.

Quote:
From what I understand, Amazon has some of the better wages, though obviously it doesn't make up for their horrid working conditions.
My understanding is that warehouse jobs can be gruelling, at least that was bought up in previous discussions.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote