Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 02:43 PM   #31
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
You're looking for excuses to buy a new one, are you?

I install it on my H2O but I can easily factory reset / switch SD cards on mine.

With the Aura this is not possible at all so you should not do dangerous experiments with it.

do you know if it will be possible with the two new devices?

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 09-02-2016 at 02:47 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Dunno it it wan help you or not, I'm running this firmware on the h2o.
Does Overdrive work on the H2O with this firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #33
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't think so. It must be enabled by hardware detection somehow. I do wonder if a patch could be made to enable it though
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:06 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
I don't think so. It must be enabled by hardware detection somehow. I do wonder if a patch could be made to enable it though
Another guess is maybe it reads the version file to get the info.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #35
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Another guess is maybe it reads the version file to get the info.
Could be, but what set the version file?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Doesn't anyone read my posts?

To be clear:

- 4.0.7523 is only being released to the Aura One and the Aura Edition 2.
- Overdrive is only active on the Aura One.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just remembered two other changes:

- Changed whatever it was that tripped up the Win10 Anniversary Edition. This isn't that important as MS fixed it as well, but maybe they have just postponed the change.
- Light popup adjustment steps changed. From 0 to 5%, the steps are 1%. Above this, they are 5%.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #38
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Doesn't anyone read my posts?
I do! gets swab and wipes David's brow whilst smiling winsomely
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
I do! gets swab and wipes David's brow whilst smiling winsomely
I know you do, but that's just so you can make trouble
Old 09-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #40
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I know you do, but that's just so you can make trouble
Moi? (You know me so well)
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #41
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Overdrive still missing

[QUOTE- 4.0.7523 is only being released to the Aura One and the Aura Edition 2.
- Overdrive is only active on the Aura One.[/QUOTE]

Does the country you're in make a difference? My Aura One just updated over WIFI to 4.0.7523 and there is no option for Overdrive setup.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #42
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
Does the country you're in make a difference? My Aura One just updated over WIFI to 4.0.7523 and there is no option for Overdrive setup.
It might, but since you appear to be in Canada you should have the option. If you're looking under settings it should be just over half way down the list and is labeled as "Overdrive".
From the Kobo website: Dependent on library participation, available through most public libraries in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. If you're using it outside those area's it might not be active I guess.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #43
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I don't ever plan to have wifi turned on. Will there be other ways to get firmware updates?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #44
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
It might, but since you appear to be in Canada you should have the option. If you're looking under settings it should be just over half way down the list and is labeled as "Overdrive".
Yeah, I'm in Canada. Strange that it's not in my settings, yet. Maybe in the next firmware. Don't have the user guide either, just a "placeholder" for it, under Help.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #45
Cesca
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I don't ever plan to have wifi turned on. Will there be other ways to get firmware updates?
You're supposed to be able to update the firmware using the Kobo desktop software, but that didn't work for me with the Aura One today. WIFI did work.