Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #1
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
PocketBook reading statistics

Hi all,

I have a KindleNT since one year and a half, and I am very happy with it. I want a second eReader but not from Amazon, because I am a Linux user and do not like to be chained to a provider.
This is the reason I look to the PocketBook reader, which is looks very open.

Nevertheless I have two question before order a PB Lux2.

I read from several tests that the screen is a little bit grey, is it really or not ? more than a Kindle4NT ?

And there is also a feature in the Kobo device which is look very interesting for me, is the reading statistics. Is there a way to do the same with a pocketbook ?

Many thanks for your replies...
Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Getkey
Getkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB631
Hi, I'm interested by this device for the same reason as you (plus as I read a lot of RSS feeds, I like that there's a feature for that).

But before buying one I'd like to know how is the reactivity. The other e-reader I'm interested in is the Kindle Paperwhite and the reactivity seems to be better than the Touch Lux 2, from what I had seen on Youtube.

So I'll ask a question along druss67's: is it a big difference ? Does it makes the Lux 2 less comfortable and how much ?

Thanks !
Getkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hi Getkey,

I ordered a Lux 2, 3 days ago, I wait for it.
I will answer as soon as possible.

Regards,
Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Getkey
Getkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-booksGetkey has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB631
That's really nice of you, thanks !
I'm also interested in the answers for the questions you asked. :-)
And while you're at it, could you tell me how the browser is ?
Getkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
druss67, you have not returned :P
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert