Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Kantuck-nadie
Kantuck-nadie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Grabmybooks help

Good day all:

I have Grabmybooks on Firefox. I reinstalled my server the other day and I cannot remember how to set up this add-on in order to send books to convert to Calibre.

This is under linux (Debian 7.4), and it worked fine, before. But I cannot recall how to set this up.

In the options I have:

Calibre ebook-converter path:

I have been unable to set this to work. Is it /usr/bin/cablire? What is the full path and variable I need for this to work?
Kantuck-nadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
Kantuck-nadie

Solution to this

I will withdraw my request, and add the solution.

I was confused at to what was suppose to happen. Before when I did this, Calibre itself popped up with the file(s) ready to convert. Now I found a different solution that converts but has a different output, which is what was throwing me.

My solution:

In Firefox, do this:

/tools/grabmybooks/options.

On "Default ebook save format" select 'mobi'

Then in the "Calibre ebook-converter path put in

/usr/bin/ebook-convert

Within 'Grab books automatically into this directory - Add something in your /home/<name> (example: /home/kantuck-nadie/TRUEHOME/outbox/2kindle (all files to go to the Kindle is placed in it.)

This works just fine, in Debian 7.4. To find the path to your particular ebook convert, try:

$ sudo find / -name ebook-convert

You must have Calibre installed

I hope this helps others.
Advert
Old 04-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Please help me with GrabMyBooks!

- If I understand correctly, for the Chrome version, I'd be required to install the Java s@#t as well. OK, so I will just skip this entirely.

- The Firefox version worked so far. But with the current versions, the GrabMyBooks icon (or how is it called) does not show up on the top right corner of Firefox (in Windows). I even clean installed a fresh new copy of Firefox, GrabMyBooks add-on: nothing. What to do next?
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Kantuck-nadie

Sir:

I'm afraid to tell you that on at least v45 (I'm using an ESR version which is a bit behind but works fine) Firefox is showing the same problem. Nothing I have done will show all icons since at least 43 and I cannot even get some add-ons to show even in the tools menu.

Your going to have to aim this to Firefox itself. To be honest, I'm already looking around for an even earlier version of Firefox, around 30s or early 40s. This updating every month is ludicrous if they're getting worse and worse. I may even move completely to Chrome.

--
Kan
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Please help me with GrabMyBooks!

- If I understand correctly, for the Chrome version, I'd be required to install the Java s@#t as well. OK, so I will just skip this entirely.

- The Firefox version worked so far. But with the current versions, the GrabMyBooks icon (or how is it called) does not show up on the top right corner of Firefox (in Windows). I even clean installed a fresh new copy of Firefox, GrabMyBooks add-on: nothing. What to do next?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantuck-nadie View Post
Sir:

I'm afraid to tell you that on at least v45 (I'm using an ESR version which is a bit behind but works fine) Firefox is showing the same problem. Nothing I have done will show all icons since at least 43 and I cannot even get some add-ons to show even in the tools menu.

Your going to have to aim this to Firefox itself. To be honest, I'm already looking around for an even earlier version of Firefox, around 30s or early 40s. This updating every month is ludicrous if they're getting worse and worse. I may even move completely to Chrome.
Kan
OK, I tried Firefox 32.1 now, and it also didn't work. Have you found the right combination?

Yes, I'm Sir.
Advert
Old 05-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantuck-nadie View Post
Sir:

--
Kan
This hasn't yet been solved, since then?