Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 06:48 PM   #46
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
If you have access to the command line (telnet, ssh, koreader plugin, etc), you could run the command in my last post. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's easily accessible. Maybe there's something identifiable on the box?

And the entire point of getting people to post their hardware revision along with if they're having issues or not would be to see if there really is a difference.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:27 PM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just add the command to your NickleMenu config, redirecting output to a file

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:46 AM   #48
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I don't use NickelMenu or KOReader, nor do I have access to command line. The box was thrown out long ago. So no way to ascertain the hardware version then?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:55 AM   #49
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2 (2021), Aura H2O (2014), Story HD (2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I don't use NickelMenu or KOReader, nor do I have access to command line. The box was thrown out long ago. So no way to ascertain the hardware version then?
With any luck the serial number alone will be sufficient... but we don't know yet, takes a brave soul to post detailed pictures and perhaps even pop off the back cover for a PCB picture.

Anyone who has had their Libra 2 for a while will be on the old revision though, as that seems to have surfaced only very recently...
frostschutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:10 AM   #50
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
With any luck the serial number alone will be sufficient... but we don't know yet, takes a brave soul to post detailed pictures and perhaps even pop off the back cover for a PCB picture.

Anyone who has had their Libra 2 for a while will be on the old revision though, as that seems to have surfaced only very recently...
I've had mine since November.

I wonder if there's a difference between black and white Libras? Mine is black.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:46 AM   #51
npr
Connoisseur
npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.npr turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Looks like my Libra 2 is the older version.

42] PCB_LVL='B'
[43] HOME_LED_PWM='No'
[44] PMIC='RC5T619'
[45] FL_PWM='LM3630'
[46] RTC='RC5T619'

White model, purchased April 2022.
Not having any significant issues.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:24 AM   #52
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2 (2021), Aura H2O (2014), Story HD (2011)
So there is a PCB_LVL='B' too... interesting. Oh well, it's not like I can change my device anyway.

That's assuming the new revisions actually improve things and not just due to availability/price of some of the parts...
frostschutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:00 AM   #53
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Ah, good point. Something like this, then:

Code:
menu_item :main    :ntx_hwconfig    :cmd_spawn    :quiet:/bin/ntx_hwconfig -s /dev/mmcblk0
 > /mnt/onboard/ntx_output.txt
Old 06-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #54
rtiangha
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
So there is a PCB_LVL='B' too... interesting. Oh well, it's not like I can change my device anyway.
I guess there are at least five of them if that 'E' is to be believed.

Quote:
That's assuming the new revisions actually improve things and not just due to availability/price of some of the parts...
Yeah, that was I was thinking. Supply chain issues may have forced them to source different parts. Hopefully all of these issues can be fixed in software. I really was eyeing one of these to replace my Glo HD, although I wonder if I should wait for the Clara's successor instead before deciding.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I guess there are at least five of them if that 'E' is to be believed.
But, they might not all have been released.
Quote:
Yeah, that was I was thinking. Supply chain issues may have forced them to source different parts. Hopefully all of these issues can be fixed in software.
It appears to be IC shortages. And hopefully it is fixable in software.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Ah, good point. Something like this, then:

Code:
menu_item :main    :ntx_hwconfig    :cmd_spawn    :quiet:/bin/ntx_hwconfig -s /dev/mmcblk0
 > /mnt/onboard/ntx_output.txt
Worked on my Sage. Ran the item and then ran import books. Mulitple pages of interesting and uninteresting information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:33 PM   #57
Deobulakenyo
Fanatic
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Looks like my Libra 2 is the older version.

42] PCB_LVL='B'
[43] HOME_LED_PWM='No'
[44] PMIC='RC5T619'
[45] FL_PWM='LM3630'
[46] RTC='RC5T619'

White model, purchased April 2022.
Not having any significant issues.
Mine is

42] PCB_LVL='A'

Had issues before. after removing nanoclock, everything is fine
Deobulakenyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkob View Post
I noticed that the device generated some stack traces (.kobo/stack_*.log), which indicate Segmentation Faults (SIGSEGV) in the nickel process.
For the record, if possible, the device will upload the stack trace logs to Kobo. They do look at them. This should happen if you have the option turned on to share data (last option on the "Energy saving and privacy" page of the settings), the device is signed into a Kobo account (ie. not in sideloaded mode or using DB hack to bypass registration) and WiFi is on.

And I did talk to someone at Kobo about this. He reminded me of the above. Their problem at the moment is that the information they have is basically, "it crashed". They have not seen any steps to reproduce it yet. At the moment, all they can see is, "it crashes".
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #59
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, if possible, the device will upload the stack trace logs to Kobo. They do look at them. This should happen if you have the option turned on to share data (last option on the "Energy saving and privacy" page of the settings), the device is signed into a Kobo account (ie. not in sideloaded mode or using DB hack to bypass registration) and WiFi is on.

And I did talk to someone at Kobo about this. He reminded me of the above. Their problem at the moment is that the information they have is basically, "it crashed". They have not seen any steps to reproduce it yet. At the moment, all they can see is, "it crashes".
It would help if following a crash the device pops up a message that says "it looks like your Kobo just crashed. Would you like to send the log to tech support to help us diagnose and fix the problem?"
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote