Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2022, 06:13 AM   #196
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Once you do the testing, please let us know what you think.
I reverted to 05 since the font i use (bookerly) seems to go not too well with 07 proximity of words. Also i read on the bigger side of font setting. Less 20 lines per page/screen on my libra 2. Not sure if setting the fonts bigger than usual affect it but i would tend to think so.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #197
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I reverted to 05 since the font i use (bookerly) seems to go not too well with 07 proximity of words. Also i read on the bigger side of font setting. Less 20 lines per page/screen on my libra 2. Not sure if setting the fonts bigger than usual affect it but i would tend to think so.
Certainly. I have 32 lines of text on the screen of my Libra. And the font I use (LexiaDama) is narrower than Bookerly.

I set my Libra to 07. The Sage is on 06 as it has a larger screen, so less need to space the words tightly.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:23 PM   #198
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Certainly. I have 32 lines of text on the screen of my Libra. And the font I use (LexiaDama) is narrower than Bookerly.

I set my Libra to 07. The Sage is on 06 as it has a larger screen, so less need to space the words tightly.
With KePub, I have 39 lines.
With ePub, I have 42 lines.

Can't do that on a Kindle and have the text be readable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:27 PM   #199
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just gave Bookerly a try and yes, it does not look all that good at -0.07. How well does it look at -0.06?
Old 06-22-2022, 06:51 PM   #200
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just gave Bookerly a try and yes, it does not look all that good at -0.07. How well does it look at -0.06?
I tried -.06 and the words are too close together. I actually use -04 before i saw your "-07 post" but then decided to revert back to -05. -05 is the sweet spot for bookerly and at my preferred font size.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:43 AM   #201
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I tried -.06 and the words are too close together. I actually use -04 before i saw your "-07 post" but then decided to revert back to -05. -05 is the sweet spot for bookerly and at my preferred font size.
ChareInk does work well at -0.07, I did see how Bookerly looks too close.

I've tried some other fonts. Amasis and Caecilia look good. Georgia and Avenir Next, not so good.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:42 AM   #202
imNOTdwight
imNOTdwight began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I've been doing some tests with this but I never seem to get ACCESS to look as nice as RMSDK.

The closest I've been able to making it look as good is the comparison below.

BLUE = ACCESS
RED = RMSDK
BLACK = OVERLAP

The font is LiterataTT and I'm using geometricPrecision and -0.06 word spacing - any more and words start getting too close for comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison.png
Views:	138
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	194671  
imNOTdwight is offline   Reply With Quote