Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Rei97
Rei97 began at the beginning.

Device: Android mobile
Question Disable single left click from renaming the book

Is there a way to stop single left click from opening the "rename the book title" window. I sometimes single click instead of double click and so then I have have to unselect the book to leave the rename window and then click it again, when all I want to do is open the book at once, and when you open a lot of books this can take a lot of time, please
Rei97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Preferences > Tweaks > doubleclick_on_library_view
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Rei97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Preferences > Tweaks > doubleclick_on_library_view
I get how to tweak the double click, but I still don't understand how I can change single click with this tweak. I mean I understand I can disable double click by changing it to "do nothing" , but that defeats the whole purpose of clicking.

Last edited by Rei97; 11-16-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
You can control the behavior of double clicks and pressing enter on the books list. Choices: open_viewer, do_nothing, edit_cell, edit_metadata.

Selecting anything other than open_viewer has the side effect of disabling editing a field using a single click. Default: open_viewer. Example: doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'

You can also control whether the book list scrolls horizontal per column or per pixel. Default is per column.
I have that tweak set to

doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'
enter_key_behavior = 'do_nothing'
horizontal_scrolling_per_column = True

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Rei97

Unfortunately I cant really disable the left click option completely as I still want to use it for my other columns. I guess there is no other way, rather than click on "view " option in the menu, as the fastest way that will not open opening rename by mistake. But Thank you everyone for trying to help .
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or press 'V'.

Even if you normally use a pointing device for 'everything' it's worth remembering a few keyboard shortcuts for situations such as this.

And you can customise shortcuts in Preferences.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #7
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have any blank space to the right of the last column you can click there and that will close the renaming. The ESC key will also close the renaming.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #8
Rei97

A shortcut key, huh that might be a way out Thank you! As for closing the renaming window I knew I can close it with a click or escape but this sometimes can make the program freeze for few seconds. So I will try with the shortcut key instead. Thank you Everyone for your help !