Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #46
charis9
charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charis9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think it depends on the person. I am happy about it. I think it is worth to try
charis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #47
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
I have been happy so far with my first month of kindle unlimited.
Was wondering though if you know if it is possible to keep joining and re joining?
As though I find it useful I have a large wish list of books that are not in unlimited I also want to buy in between times.
KU is a month to month proposition so nothing keeps you from stopping for a month or three and resuming the subscription later. The free month is a one-time opportunity, though.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #48
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I have been happy so far with my first month of kindle unlimited.
Was wondering though if you know if it is possible to keep joining and re joining?
As though I find it useful I have a large wish list of books that are not in unlimited I also want to buy in between times.
Just remember to cancel before the month is up. You still get the full month. So yes, you can join and leave at anytime.
Same idea if you do monthly prime.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
X-posted from Prime Day 2017. KU memberships are currently on sale for Prime Members.

Kindle Unlimited -- limited time
  • $44.95 --- 6 months for $44.95 ($7.49/mo), then $59.94/6 mo
  • $80.32 --- 12 months for $80.32 ($6.69/mo), then $119.88/12 mo
  • $143.86 -- 24 months for $143.86 ($5.99/mo), then $239.76/ 24 mo
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Terms and Conditions

Kindle Unlimited offer is limited to one per account. This offer is available to Prime Members only and is a limited-time deal starting at 12:00 am PST 6/29/2017. Customers who have purchased multiple prepaid plans that are currently associated with their Amazon accounts are not eligible. For existing monthly Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the prepaid subscription purchased and will automatically restart at its conclusion. You may gift a subscription purchased via this offer. If a gifted subscription is returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the subscription, subject to applicable refund policies. By clicking the button, you agree to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-30-2017 at 01:30 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:17 AM   #50
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
KU is a month to month proposition so nothing keeps you from stopping for a month or three and resuming the subscription later. The free month is a one-time opportunity, though.
Thanks
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2017, 04:19 AM   #51
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Just remember to cancel before the month is up. You still get the full month. So yes, you can join and leave at anytime.
Same idea if you do monthly prime.
Thanks for replying
Will do that and now get back to my original list

(Sadly none of those are in unlimited, though have read some very good thrillers that are)
Old 07-01-2017, 08:00 AM   #52
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:

(Sadly none of those are in unlimited, though have read some very good thrillers that are)
The Nathan McBride series by Andrew Peterson is excellent, if you like thrillers. They're all in KU, and some of them have audio included. The series is read by Dick Hill, one of my favorites.

Last edited by booklover6; 07-01-2017 at 08:04 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:48 AM   #53
Jo69
Addict

Given Amazon Unlimited a try over the past 6 months
Found a lot of new authors first books.
But am struggling now to find any more.
Think its ok for a while but most books I want now are not in it.
Just reporting back to my post.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:07 AM   #54
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@Jo69. If that's your experience then it may not be for you any longer. I suspect, however, that you may be approaching things the wrong way for KU. If you are settling on books you want from the publicity "buzz", they are most likely Big 5 titles which with rare exceptions you will not find in KU. I find the best way to use KU is to look in genres you like on Amazon and read the blurbs or plot synopsis and try what appeals to you. I don't limit myself to KU but am often surprised just how many are included. Also, I came across many great authors, many of whom put all or most of their books in KU.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #55
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
@Jo69. If that's your experience then it may not be for you any longer. I suspect, however, that you may be approaching things the wrong way for KU. If you are settling on books you want from the publicity "buzz", they are most likely Big 5 titles which with rare exceptions you will not find in KU. I find the best way to use KU is to look in genres you like on Amazon and read the blurbs or plot synopsis and try what appeals to you. I don't limit myself to KU but am often surprised just how many are included. Also, I came across many great authors, many of whom put all or most of their books in KU.
I do a similar search. I love new (to me) authors, and I find a lot of new authors that I want to read, as well as established authors older stuff (who I sometimes haven't even heard of!)

I've found so many authors that I could have 100 or more books downloaded from KU if Amazon would let me. So any more, I have a wish list for KU, when I find a book that interests me, I make note of it in my wish list. It has become my TBR list.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #56
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I like to binge read in KU. I find authors/series I like and then plow through them. And I add stuff I find to my wishlists I can access from my kindles. I still have like 400+ books on KU wishlists so I am not running out any time soon. I just bought another 2 year sub which will kick in when my current runs out in July of 2018.
I supplement my reading with KU, I still read all kinds of other stuff that isn't in the program.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #57
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
The way I use KU is I make a wishlist of KU books, and then when a sale on the subscription comes up I sub for a few months. Then I cancel.

It's not worth doing permanently. But it's a nice way to check out new authors once in a while.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #58
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Does anyone have more information on how/when the payments to authors are calculated?

I didn't realize it was based on how far it was read and I have a tendency to download the books to my kindle, turn off wireless to save battery, read t'he book and then delete the book when I'm done ... does amazon query for the meta data on the books even if they're deleted once wireless is back on?

I feel like I may have inadvertently robbed authors to save battery life!

(in terms of value - for me, Kindle Unlimited isn't worth 9.99/month, but I got two 'three months subscriptions' for either 99 cents or 1.99 when they were running the promo and I've been taking advantage of it ... when those expire in March, I'll probably cancel and then resub for a month every six months or something like that.)

Also, one thing is that if you also are an audible listener, borrowing a kindle unlimited book counts as buying it in terms of audible pricing (some audible books have reduced pricing if you already own the ebook), which is a great perk.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #59
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
Does anyone have more information on how/when the payments to authors are calculated?

I didn't realize it was based on how far it was read and I have a tendency to download the books to my kindle, turn off wireless to save battery, read t'he book and then delete the book when I'm done ... does amazon query for the meta data on the books even if they're deleted once wireless is back on?

(in terms of value - for me, Kindle Unlimited isn't worth 9.99/month, but I got two 'three months subscriptions' for either 99 cents or 1.99 when they were running the promo and I've been taking advantage of it ... when those expire in March, I'll probably cancel and then resub for a month every six months or something like that.)

Also, one thing is that if you also are an audible listener, borrowing a kindle unlimited book counts as buying it in terms of audible pricing (some audible books have reduced pricing if you already own the ebook), which is a great perk.
This is not something Amazon is very forthcoming on. I believe it is based loosely on the furthest reading position, which your Kindle should record even if not connected. I would hope that this does survive the deletion of the book and is synced when the device next connects to Amazon, but quite simply don't know.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #60
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post

Since you have to return a book to get a new book, the author will be paid.
I think books borrowed this month will be paid January. Books bought this month will paid in February. I think Amazon pays around the 1st of the month.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote