Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
1olddragon
1olddragon began at the beginning.

Device: many
Issues with the new Kobo Writing Life portal

I have used the new Kobo Writing Life portal to upload 5 books, but for some reason can only download the free one (first issue). The free one looked good when I sideloaded the epub to the Kobo Touch. After sending it through the portal, it has problems interpreting the CSS: 1) won't center text except for headers (which it makes all caps) 2) won't indent long quotes 3) adds an extra space between paragraphs so on something like a poem there are spaces between each line. I tried to guess at a fix for these, but I have to wait for the update, now 24 hours and counting.

Heavens knows what has happened to the books I can't purchase to view. It is going to take a long time to fix all these books, waiting for those updates to each book to process, so if anyone gets some information on how to fix these or other issues with the Kobo Writing Life portal, please post them. Thanks!
1olddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'm guessing here, but I am pretty sure they have a help system for writing life that is a separate entity from their regular support. I'm also guessing that this is not a great place to ask about Writing Life now (though I suppose that could change). Have you looked in the forum on MR for authors to see if this sort of issue is discussed there?

Of course, there is no harm trying .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo issues, kobo writing life