Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
My problem with that approach is that while editing metadata I want to be able to see other books by the author I already have (to set the correct series info, for example). Can't do that with separate libraries.
If I am worrying about other books by an author or series, I will pop the content server open on the second screen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If I am worrying about other books by an author or series, I will pop the content server open on the second screen.
I just find it easier not to split my library. Never felt the need to do that. All the tags that come with new books will be bulk deleted at once, to be replaced with my own later. And I find it pretty easy to see which of my books are already fixed and which are not. YMMV.

I do have separate libraries for the books that get transferred to my ereaders, because the Kindle, the Nook and the Kobo all have different requirements as to metadata and css. But I do my general clean-up in my main library.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #18
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not too worried about database clutter (I run Library Maintenance after larger jobs), and most of my books are brought in with the autoadd folder (so I'd have to consciously remember to switch libraries beforehand). Since the other VLs exclude the @cleanup tag specifically, the mess is limited to just the inbound books one.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I use calibre-spy to look into libraries other than the current library. I have an AHK script that starts it for my 'permanent' libraries - Books, Periodicals, and Media, and then starts the GUI with a selected library including Test or Intake.

So, if I'm in the Intake library and Find Duplicates finds a duplicate in the Books library I switch to Books in calibre-spy.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:53 AM   #20
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

@everyone
splitting a library up changes the date of the pdf file, is there any way to prevent calibre from changing the date of the pdf file?

Last edited by pleiadesc; 09-17-2020 at 06:56 AM.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #21
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No unfortunately. There's several programs to modify file dates though if you want to set it back.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #22
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Thank you ownedbycats, maybe I could try asking for a feature request to this.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote