Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #1
mverk
mverk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
calibre hang ups

I'm using Calibre already for at least 5 years and I never had problems using it.
Since about 3 weeks however I have serious problems:
when making changes to a book (for example in the label or title) almost EVERY time I get a hang-up. No further action/change is possible and I only can solve this by using ctrl-alt-del and then close calibre. Making a new start is oke again.
Adding new books is also working oke.
I checked already several times the database but no errors were found
I'm using Windows 10 version 1803, in my calibre database are about 30.000 books
I also deleted calibre and after downloading and installing the the latest version
the problem still remains.
Can you help me???
mverk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try running in safe mode and see if the roblem goes away.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
dacorsa
dacorsa began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
how run calibre in safe mode?

Thanks
dacorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
dacorsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mverk View Post
I'm using Calibre already for at least 5 years and I never had problems using it.
Since about 3 weeks however I have serious problems:
when making changes to a book (for example in the label or title) almost EVERY time I get a hang-up. No further action/change is possible and I only can solve this by using ctrl-alt-del and then close calibre. Making a new start is oke again.
Adding new books is also working oke.
I checked already several times the database but no errors were found
I'm using Windows 10 version 1803, in my calibre database are about 30.000 books
I also deleted calibre and after downloading and installing the the latest version
the problem still remains.
Can you help me???
i have same problem, how do you have solve that?
Thanks
Old 02-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Reboot the Windows OS in Safe Mode. Before Win10 Reboot and press F8 or Shift + F*. Choose Safemode with Networking.

For Win10 try one of these: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-wa...ode-windows-10
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
dacorsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Reboot the Windows OS in Safe Mode. Before Win10 Reboot and press F8 or Shift + F*. Choose Safemode with Networking.

For Win10 try one of these: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-wa...ode-windows-10
Apache
Thanks Apache,
but do you know why Calibre freeze after open an ebook?

Best regards
Old 02-07-2019, 03:53 AM   #7
dacorsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Apache
Thanks Apache,

in safemode works well...but in normal mode NOT....why? how can i solve it?

Best regards
Old 02-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacorsa View Post
Thanks Apache,

in safemode works well...but in normal mode NOT....why? how can i solve it?

Best regards
Safe mode disables all the add-on's ,
You need to identify by disabling them 1 by 1 until you find out who
BUT
the most common is your Security suite. Just read a bunch of recent MR posts and you will get the idea of who got over aggressive this month.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #9
dacorsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Safe mode disables all the add-on's ,
You need to identify by disabling them 1 by 1 until you find out who
BUT
the most common is your Security suite. Just read a bunch of recent MR posts and you will get the idea of who got over aggressive this month.
Thanks for all but where is:

Just read a bunch of recent MR posts

Best regards
Old 02-08-2019, 07:15 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This forum. Read the posts about virus scanners.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote