Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
himitsuhieki
himitsuhieki began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I populate a custom field on import?

My files are in this order
Lastname, Firstname - [Series 02] - Book title
and Lastname, Firstname - [Series name 01] - Book Title [read]

I want to have any book marked [read] to show in the custom column I created on import so I do not have to manually edit them.

I found these snippets from a penguinaka that work well for importing the books but not sure how to deal with the custom column.

^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^\]{[()]+\w)

this one removes all brackets around the series and anything in brackets in the title section doesn't get imported imported

^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)

this one removes brackets around the series section but leaves things in brackets in the title so you get version information imported with the title
himitsuhieki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps not what you are looking for, but if you do a search for [read], drag those files to calibre and then bulk edit to populate the read column.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You can only import into the columns shown in the add books preferences screen. You can, however, import into another column and use bulk metadata edit to move (parts of) the columns content to your custom column.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
himitsuhieki
himitsuhieki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok. Will try that thanks
himitsuhieki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
b00jum
b00jum began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You can only import into the columns shown in the add books preferences screen. You can, however, import into another column and use bulk metadata edit to move (parts of) the columns content to your custom column.
How exactly do you do that? All I see in the bulk metadata edit is a search/replace function, no move/copy as far as I can tell.
b00jum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00jum View Post
How exactly do you do that? All I see in the bulk metadata edit is a search/replace function, no move/copy as far as I can tell.
Replace allows you to choose Where and How to do it
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00jum View Post
In regular expression search mode, you can use backreferences in the replace text. Also, your destination field doesn't have to match the source field.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
b00jum
b00jum began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Replace allows you to choose Where and How to do it
Sorry - I didn't see that you had to change the search mode to 'regular expression' in order to get a destination field.

Still - the feature to import into a custom field would make a good feature request.
b00jum is offline   Reply With Quote