Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 03:21 AM   #1
mic3
mic3 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
how to Customs Columns for ao3 files

Hi,
I want to add several columns for files I have imported from ao3.
columns like: number of chapters, words, kudos, comments, status (complete/in progress) etc. everything is in the information section of the file but does not appear in the columns when I'm downloading the file from the url.
When I'm adding a custom column, I need to enter the data manually in order to see it in the right column, that is unreasonably too much time-consuming.
I understand that maybe the answer is in the template and in coding something, but I have no idea how to do it.
I could really use the help with the how and where to do it - if that's possible...
Thank you
mic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:34 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
The only metadata AO3 embeds in the EPUB right now is Title, Author and Publisher. AO3 is making a switch to Calibre soon for downloads which will also embed tags, series and comments.

https://archiveofourown.org/admin_posts/12212

If you wish for more metadata and want them stored in specific custom columns, consider using FanFicFare.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #3
mic3

wow, that's interesting! Great timing
Will the files I have imported already update accordingly (when the time will come)?
and
I have used fanficfare, but I didn't know I could configure it also. It stored in specific columns, but not in all that I wanted. can I change that after importing the files?
Thank you so much for the quick response!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic3 View Post
wow, that's interesting! Great timing
Will the files I have imported already update accordingly (when the time will come)?
and
I have used fanficfare, but I didn't know I could configure it also. It stored in specific columns, but not in all that I wanted. can I change that after importing the files?
For AO3 downloaded EPUBs, you'll need to redownload once the system makes the switchover.

FanFicFare, I believe there's an option to just download the metadata.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
mic3

Is there somewhere I could learn how to configure (code?) FanFicFare so I could add columns that are not downloaded as part of the metadata?
Old 02-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

Fanficfare issues belong in the Fanficfare thread ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259221

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

I'm pretty sure FanFicFare already has a built-in mechanism for handling AO3 Kudos, Hits, etc. I think it probably requires manual editing of personal.ini, though.

I suggest inquiring on the FanFicFare thread for instructions. @JimmiXinu (plugin dev) is very active and helpful.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #8
mic3

Thanks! I'll go there now