Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 08:20 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Reducing corner tap zones

After multiple failed attempts to look up words near the corner of the screen I want to reduce the size of the corner gesture tap zones, and would like to confirm my understanding prior to messing with the advanced options.

It seems that the DTAP_ZONE_[TOP/BOTTOM]_[LEFT/RIGHT] structures are the ones that I want to edit, and it also seems that the x,y,w,h variables are what I want to change, with the values being a fractional ratio of the width, so to make them half the size I’d change 1/8 to 1/16, or more specifically:

Code:
DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT = { x = 7/8, y = 7/8, w = 1/8, h = 1/8}
…becomes…

Code:
DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT = { x = 15/16, y = 15/16, w = 1/16, h = 1/16}
…and, looking at how they’re used, it looks like I could also use floating point percentages, such as:

Code:
DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT = { x = 0.9, y = 0.9, w = 0.1, h = 0.1}
Am I reading the code correctly?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 10:35 PM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I think this is correct.

If you leave this as it is, you will also have a dead zone between 7/8 and 15/16 in each direction. Don’t know if you are OK with that. If not, you should also “stretch” the bottom/top tap zones.

In KOReader’s User Guide, page seven you can find a tapzone map. Might get handy at times like this: http://koreader.rocks/koreader-user-guide.pdf
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2023, 10:58 PM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
If you leave this as it is, you will also have a dead zone between 7/8 and 15/16 in each direction. Don’t know if you are OK with that. If not, you should also “stretch” the bottom/top tap zones.
I’m not following what you meant by this? What dead zone?

I did mean to edit all four corners, just used the one more complex corner for my example.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:59 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard

Did you mean if I only edit h and w, but not x and y? To leave a safe buffer?
Old 02-23-2023, 12:14 AM   #5
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
No, I mean if you only shrink corners and do not resize bottom/top tap zone parameters, then there will be zones around corners that are not assigned to neither corners nor bottom/top tap zones. Check if you are OK with that (for text selection that might be good actually, but I haven’t tested such config yet)
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2023, 07:45 AM   #6
twowheels
Wizard

Ah, OK -- I get it now. I think I'd be OK with that. I think I'll experiment a bit on a Linux build where it's easier and faster to restart over and over before committing to doing it on my Kobo.
Old 02-23-2023, 07:46 PM   #7
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
What I usually do about the problem of corner selections is to assign a gesture to toggle the corner shortcuts on/off.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:34 PM   #8
twowheels
Wizard

That’s an interesting, and possibly easier, solution.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:29 PM   #9
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
These are my tap zone settings to shrink the corner zones in half (or more like, a quarter of the area). Now I no longe have trouble looking up words or highlighting near corners.

* DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_LEFT =
* h = 0.075
* w = 0.075
* x = 0
* y = 0.925
* DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT =
* h = 0.075
* w = 0.075
* x = 0.925
* y = 0.925
* DTAP_ZONE_TOP_LEFT =
* h = 0.075
* w = 0.075
* x = 0
* y = 0
* DTAP_ZONE_TOP_RIGHT =
* h = 0.075
* w = 0.075
* x = 0.925
* y = 0
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #10
twowheels
Wizard

Thanks. I got busy and didn’t experiment with them since I posted. I might just try your numbers.