Notices

Old 03-19-2023, 08:01 AM   #1
Mikowmer
Mikowmer began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable 2
[GUI Plugin] FicHub 2 Calibre

[GUI Plugin] FicHub 2 Calibre

SUMMARY
This plugin integrates FicHub.net's API into Calibre, allowing you to download fics straight from FicHub without needing to open a browser.

CURRENT VERSION
Release v0.0.1-alpha

FEATURES
  • Obtain Fic Data from a URL via FicHub.
  • Download a Fic from a URL via FicHub

ROADMAP
FicHub 2 Calibre Roadmap

REQUIRES VERSIONS
Calibre 6.2.0 or later
NOTE: If the plugin successfully works on an earlier version of Calibre, please let me know via GitHub or Discord.

VERSION HISTORY
Spoiler:

v0.0.1-alpha:
Initial Release

SEE ALSO:
Source Code: Mikowmer/FicHub2Calibre on GitHub
FicHub Website: FicHub
FicHub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/r6vfbEeW9R
Attached Files
File Type: zip FicHub2Calibre-v0.0.1.zip (39.6 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Mikowmer; 03-20-2023 at 06:18 AM.
Mikowmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Mikowmer

Reserved
Old 03-19-2023, 06:26 PM   #3
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Sounds like an awesome plugin! Thanks for the work.

I downloaded the zip but it won't install on calibre 6.13 on Windows 10.

This is the error I get.

calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in 'D:\\dnlds\\FicHub2Calibre-v0.0.1(1).zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is packaged wrong.
Re-zip eliminating the fic2hub folder inside
Everything is supposed to start at the Zip level
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:10 PM   #5
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is packaged wrong.
Yep, that worked. Thanks!
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:17 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Mikowmer - the plugin won't get into the index, or be integrated into the calibre Plugin Updater if the zip isn't attached to the first post in this thread, which means users won't be notified of updates in the calibre application's status line.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:28 AM   #7
Mikowmer

Eh... Drat. Knew I was going to screw something up when I first released this, didn't realise it would be something so... basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Sounds like an awesome plugin! Thanks for the work.

I downloaded the zip but it won't install on calibre 6.13 on Windows 10.

This is the error I get.

calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in 'D:\\dnlds\\FicHub2Calibre-v0.0.1(1).zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is packaged wrong.
Thank you both for this. I will repackage and upload the correct one. It appears that the script I used to quickly zip everything needs an edit, and I feel stupid for not checking whether the actual zip file imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Mikowmer - the plugin won't get into the index, or be integrated into the calibre Plugin Updater if the zip isn't attached to the first post in this thread, which means users won't be notified of updates in the calibre application's status line.

BR
... I thought I had attached it. Looks like I'll have to try again.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:50 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikowmer View Post
... I thought I had attached it. Looks like I'll have to try again.
"Attach" means uploading to MobileRead so that it can be downloaded from MobileRead.

You don't have sufficient posts to edit your first post, you need 10 or more, post some replies in the Lounge.

BR
Old 03-20-2023, 05:06 AM   #9
Mikowmer

Quote:
"Attach" means uploading to MobileRead so that it can be downloaded from MobileRead.

You don't have sufficient posts to edit your first post, you need 10 or more, post some replies in the Lounge.

BR
As I said, I thought I had. There is a link to attachment 200473 in my post. So it should have uploaded to MobileRead and attached to my post. I did upload from a URL though, would that affect things?

And I'll go check the lounge out. Maybe I'll be a last post winner for a bit...
Old 03-20-2023, 05:40 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

An attachment, not an inline link to an attachment.

Like the other 150++ plugins have, e.g. Check Books

BR
Old 03-20-2023, 06:03 AM   #11
Mikowmer

Quote:
An attachment, not an inline link to an attachment.

Like the other 150++ plugins have, e.g. Check Books

BR
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-20.png
Views:	68
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	200499
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-20 (1).png
Views:	62
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	200500

As far as I can tell, it is attached to the post. Am I looking in the wrong place to attach something to my post?

EDIT: Wait... Do I need to remove the inline part for it to show as attached to the post?
EDIT2: Yes, damnit. Okay. That probably needs to be written down somewhere.

EDIT3: By the way, everything has been repackaged and links corrected.

Last edited by Mikowmer; 03-20-2023 at 06:27 AM.