Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-19-2023, 11:24 PM   #901
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Calibre portable? I never tested it on portable, so I have no idea if it works identically as far as debugging goes.

DaltonST
Just the same - see attached screen shot.

But NV still doesn't work - and the debug is :

Quote:
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True
calibre Debug log
calibre 6.14.1 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_AU
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Job Spy (1, 0, 218)
calibre 6.14.1 Portable embedded-python: True
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Job Spy (1, 0, 218)
QPA platform: windows
devicePixelRatio: 1.25
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 98.70815939278937 x 98.85405405405406
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.02] Showing splash screen...
[0.16] splash screen shown
[0.16] Initializing db...
[0.16] db initialized
[0.16] Constructing main UI...
Job Spy has begun initialization...
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time? True
Last time daemon started: never
Last time daemon failed: never
Total daemon starts inception_to_date: 0
Total daemon failures inception-to-date: 0
JS: ===>>> change_gui_alternating_row_colors()
Job Spy has finished initialization...
[0.84] main UI initialized...
[0.84] Hiding splash screen
Starting QuickView
Here's the PI Tweak:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-20 141925.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	200496

Going to try a third browser - maybe MS is playing silly buggers.

You should get to bed.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-20 140611.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	200495  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:50 PM   #902
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So, I just downloaded Calibre Portable, installed JS, ran in debug mode, ran NV, clicked links, etc., and NO debug log for JS at all. Debugging is worthless in Portable.

Also, on Windows 11 desktop Calibre, clicking a link to a .txt file causes my default .txt app to open; in Portable, it does not. Also, MS Edge does not open, but Firefox does instead.

Your testing NV on Portable is of questionable utility.

DaltonST
My text file links open, in Notepad++, from NV in portable 6.14, but that's my default text viewer - I'll try to get NV to open text files in BowPad with the ..._default_apps tweak.

BR
Old 03-20-2023, 12:12 AM   #903
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
My text file links open, in Notepad++, from NV in portable 6.14, but that's my default text viewer - I'll try to get NV to open text files in BowPad with the ..._default_apps tweak.

BR
Nope.

It's like it's not even seeing the …default_apps setting, 'cept I know it is because if I deliberately screw it up semantically I get an error:

Code:
calibre, version 6.14.1
JS+ GUI Tool: Tweak job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps: Error in the Tweak 'job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps' in Your Preferences > Tweaks > Plugin Tweaks value is invalid. <br><br>You should recustomize Job Spy Tweaks and Preferences for this GUI Tool before proceeding.
Note: This is in installed calibre.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-20-2023 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:34 AM   #904
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
btw, the colour fix works! Thank you
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:16 AM   #905
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.219 Notes Viewer

Version 1.0.219 -2023-03-20 Notes Viewer: Dark Mode & Overriding apps used with HTTP or HTTPS protocols for links in HTML text.

See the attached documentation images.

If you use Calibre Portable, the "Overriding apps used with HTTP or HTTPS protocols for links in HTML text" functionality will not work properly because Calibre Portable does not work the same as Calibre Desktop in all regards. What makes it "portable" in Windows has its downsides due to the way that Windows works; it is not Calibre's fault.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_notes_viewer_tooltips.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	682.4 KB
ID:	200504   Click image for larger version

Name:	js_notes_viewer_http_https_plugin_tweak_app_override.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	729.9 KB
ID:	200505  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:43 PM   #906
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was a week out of town.

WOW! I have seen you improved this part of your plugin tremendously Facilities to navigate around the calibre database is a great idea! This makes the work with the multi-format windows very efficient.

I hope it is ok, that I give you some feedback.
  1. Leaving the regular expression field empty and clicking on the "Srch" button results for me in an error:
    Code:
    calibre, version 6.14.1 ERROR: Notes Viewer: No books were found that have any values matching your Search Regular Expression: ^.+[.]
  2. Whenever I get a result list of my research, each hit displays a name, title, number, and the search expression. Where does the number come from? Which fields are searched?
  3. After writing the search term in the "RegExpr" field, one has to click the "Srch" button. The <enter> key does not work, but I think it should, as it would be an intuitive and expected UI behavior.
  4. The button of the opened note column and the `CC` button have the same behavior. They open both a dropdown menu choice. --- An additional suggestion concerning the long list of columns: Wouldn't it be helpful to have a configuration option to limit the entries for the dropdown menu? Instead of showing all fields with "Long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser" one could specify those fields where a multi-format field would be really necessary.
  5. Some HTML notes always open as Markdown. This happens most of the time with notes exported as HTML emails from iOS or iPadOS. This is easy to correct with just one click. But one has to do it every time one opens this field. It would be nice if the program remembers the last configuration.

Hopefully, some of my remarks are of value for you.
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:09 PM   #907
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

The good news is: Onenote Links are working as expected.

The bad news is: The protocol_default_apps = {'http:': 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe'} setting isn't working.

FTR: Ordinarily I use the regular 64bit version of calibre that installs in c:\program files\calibre2. The reason I tried a freshly installed portable was to eliminate all customisations and plugins apart from JS and its js->nv->protocol_default_apps setting.

I've also tried running calibre in Safe Mode to no avail.

But, I have managed to invoke Edge, but not in the manner expected.

In my testing yesterday I created a text file named "New Text Document" on my desktop, and a file:/// link to that file in my Blurb column which worked fine of course, so I deleted the file. But I didn't remove the link from Blurb.

This morning I noticed the link on Book Details, but it wasn't clickable i.e. the mouse cursor didn't change to a 'hand'.

So, I thought I'd see if it was the same in NV, it was clickable i.e. the mouse cursor did change to a 'hand', so I clicked on it, guess what…. et voila Edge pops up.

BR
Old 03-20-2023, 04:33 PM   #908
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine works perfectly.

My plugin tweak is exactly (via copy & paste):
Code:
job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps = {'http:': 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe'}
If you run in Calibre Desktop debug mode, it will show you what it received, what is wrong, and what is looks like after corrections for double-quotes for windows paths and changing the slashes.

Try running at the command line: calibre-debug -g

DaltonST
Old 03-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #909
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Mine works perfectly.

My plugin tweak is exactly (via copy & paste):
Code:
job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps = {'http:': 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe'}
If you run in Calibre Desktop debug mode, it will show you what it received, what is wrong, and what is looks like after corrections for double-quotes for windows paths and changing the slashes.

Try running at the command line: calibre-debug -g
Good thinking. Here's the output.

Code:
calibre 6.14.1  embedded-python: True
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: CalibreSpy (1, 0, 91) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 219) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Scroll Book Details (1, 0, 2) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Initializing db...
[0.16] db initialized
qt.gui.imageio: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
qt.gui.imageio: libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
CalibreSpy: initialization_complete
author_sort_copy_method >>> default tweaks.py method is:  invert
current  tweaks['title_series_sorting']:  library_order
--->>>apply_title_series_sorting_by_library:   libname IS tweaked; new value for:  Books    is:  library_order
title_series_sorting changed FROM:  library_order  TO:  library_order
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time?  True
Last time daemon started:  never
Last time daemon failed:  never
Total daemon starts inception_to_date:  0
Total daemon failures inception-to-date:  0
[1.62] main UI initialized...
[1.62] Started up in 1.62 seconds with 5 books
Starting QuickView
current_column per column_map:  #blurb
row_number of current book is:  0
new self.last_current_column:  #blurb
current_col:  13 lookup/search name:  #blurb
current_column:  #blurb
MD : regex match:  (\_|\*){1}
raw md_match_ratio:  0.038461538461538464
HTML : regex match:   href=
HTML : regex match:  <a|</a|<a href=
HTML : regex match:  <div|</div
HTML : regex match:  <p|<p class="description"|</p>
HTML : regex match:  <span|</span
raw html_match_ratio:  0.13513513513513514
guessing:
  MD: score & weighted ratio:  1 0.028932778932778933
  HTML: score & weighted ratio:  5 0.13672326172326174
  --->>> best guess:  html

#~ Calibre > Preferences > Plugin Tweaks >   job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps = {'http:': '"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe"'}
        #~ Note that path to executable should be in Python path format (i.e., / not \), and Windows paths require double-quotes if there are any spaces in a path.
        #~ However, NV will automatically correct the application path for the above as necessary.

event_anchorclicked:  PyQt6.QtCore.QUrl('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/index.php')
url to be opened:  https://www.mobileread.com/forums/index.php
webbrowser.open(url, new=0):  https://www.mobileread.com/forums/index.php
ui.py:  return_from_notes_viewer_to_save_prefs:  GUI_TOOLS_CONVERT_NOTES_VIEWER_LAST_CUSTOM_COLUMN_USED #blurb
BR
Old 03-20-2023, 05:22 PM   #910
DaltonST
Deviser

So, the link you clicked either specified https: instead of http:, or it specified nothing but the site.

If you override http:, it works only for http.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:23 PM   #911
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

And where's what happened when I click a 'dead' file:/// link

Code:
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: CalibreSpy (1, 0, 91) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 219) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Scroll Book Details (1, 0, 2) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.16] db initialized
--->>>apply_title_series_sorting_by_library:   libname IS tweaked; new value for:  Books    is:  library_order
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time?  False
[1.50] main UI initialized...
[1.50] Started up in 1.50 seconds with 5 books
Starting QuickView
guessing:

#~ Calibre > Preferences > Plugin Tweaks >   job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps = {'http:': '"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe"'}
        #~ Note that path to executable should be in Python path format (i.e., / not \), and Windows paths require double-quotes if there are any spaces in a path.
        #~ However, NV will automatically correct the application path for the above as necessary.

event_anchorclicked:  PyQt6.QtCore.QUrl('file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt')
url to be opened:  file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt
webbrowser.open(url, new=0):  file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt
BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BingGo - On the Edge.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	200507  

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-20-2023 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add image of Edge
Old 03-20-2023, 05:24 PM   #912
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Suggestion, if feasible: The option to select a per-library 'default' note viewer column in the JS settings. This'll be automatically selected when opening the viewer.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:32 PM   #913
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
And where's what happened when I click a 'dead' file:/// link

Code:
Python 3.10.1
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.16] db initialized
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time?  False
[1.50] main UI initialized...
[1.50] Started up in 1.50 seconds with 5 books
Starting QuickView
guessing:

event_anchorclicked:  PyQt6.QtCore.QUrl('file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt')
url to be opened:  file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt
 webbrowser.open(url, new=0):  file:///C:/Users/Philip Daniels/Desktop/New Text Document.txt
BR

And? What is your point? That causes the default .txt file handler app to open the file. The Python 'webbrowser' module does that automatically.

Looks correct to me.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:39 PM   #914
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
So, the link you clicked either specified https: instead of http:, or it specified nothing but the site.

If you override http:, it works only for http.
bingo.

Somewhere along the way I got the impression that http would cover https. I assume I can have?

Code:
job_spy_notes_viewer_protocol_default_apps = {
'https:': 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe',
'http:': 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe'
}
And… this only works for protocols, not for file types -- right?

You might want to check what's happening with dead file links

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-20-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:04 PM   #915
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
And? What is your point? That causes the default .txt file handler app to open the file. The Python 'webbrowser' module does that automatically.

Looks correct to me.
This is the content of the Blurb column

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	200508

Here's what happens when I click on the two file links:

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	200509

The file:/// link to the non existent C:\_Sandpit\dead test.txt file, opens a browser (Edge) - I would expect it to do nothing (a'la Book Details) or better yet pop a message - "File doesn't exist".

BR

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools