Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
wrogs
wrogs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Question Kindle Keyboard Case Light Troubleshooting

Hello! I recently bought a Kindle Keyboard and was delighted to find that it came with a light up cover (the kind with a pull-out LED light in the upper right corner). However, it looks like the case light is no longer working. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot or repair it?

I'm pretty handy with device repair but I haven't been able to find any information on the cover. It seems odd to me that there hasn't been any discussion of how to fix these covers since they were really common... So maybe (hopefully!) I'm missing something? Please feel free to point me in the right direction if I've missed anything previously posted!

Please let me know if this is the incorrect thread or there is a more appropriate place to ask this question. Thanks

(I've tried restarting the kindle, unplugging & re-plugging in the case, and pulling the light out all the way)
wrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:33 PM   #2
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
It wasn't uncommon for the slots, that the metal tabs of the case go into, to get bent or chewed up because they were the only things attaching to Kindle to the case. Have a look at them and see what condition that are in. Might have also pulled free from the circuit board. You should be able to measure a voltage across the slots when the Kindle is on. If there's enough gap you might even be able to measure on the bare parts of the case tabs while the Kindle is attached. Then you'd know if power is getting to the case.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2024, 11:50 PM   #3
wrogs

the tabs look like they are in pretty good condition. i'll see if i can borrow a friend's voltage tester tomorrow and check that out. thanks for the tip!
Old 01-26-2024, 11:09 AM   #4
wrogs

Smile

after messing with the tester and the prongs, it turned out one was just not touching where it needed to. a small pair of pliers and gentle tweaking fixed it!! so glad