Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #42136
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
All this has led to me to wonder how different your court system is from the one I inhabit. But, then again, your uncle would have brought the cutthroat attorney of my younger days out - I would have wanted to bury him.
Indeedy. Family is always tough, but I was the trustee of various family estates, and OMG, I would NEVER have let this drag on like that, not here. (and, in fact, didn't, in a similar scenario.) I mean, with all due respect to astrangerhere's profession, in the USA, only the lawyers would be benefitting from all this court action. Not undeservedly, you understand, but the estate's being eroded and destroyed by legal fees and court costs. I'd have gone for his jugular from the jump. It's unfair to everyone else that is waiting to benefit from the estate's monies or assets. Egregiously, grievously unfair. (I told our "problem child" relative that if he fought me another week--one more--I'd make sure that he never received a DIME. Not what he thought he deserved, not what he'd been originally promised--that I'd find a way to ensure that he lost every single damn penny. He decided to shut up and take the money he'd been given.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
That's what we're trying to do for over five years now. Last year we gave in to his demand of €20000 because after five years we were fed up with the whole thing. We did demand that deducted from it was the money he stole from my grandmother (sex dating sites, various insurances, etc) and he would have gotten €7000. He did initially agreed to that but backed out of it on the deadline date.

We could have asked the judge to uphold this agreement but decided against it and instead we added the claim of over €70000 for him to pay us, those are all the costs of five years of court procedures, mediation and other legal costs.
Yeah, the giving in was, to be honest, probably a horrible mistake. Gave him the idea he could continue to drag this on and put off the dreaded end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Thank you for the update but I am really sorry to hear that this is still ongoing and will be for another 6+ months.

Awful situation all around.
Yeah, me too. I suppose just killing him and disposing of the body in the canals is out of the question?????

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #42137
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Interesting alternative plan there, Hitch.

(I gotta stop reading murder mysteries; I'm getting blood thirsty.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #42138
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yeah, me too. I suppose just killing him and disposing of the body in the canals is out of the question?????

Hitch
LOL, unfortunately the canals here aren't that deep, one could tie him to something heavy, but they regularly drag the canals for bikes and appliances that have been thrown in the canal, so that wouldn't work either.

A while back we heard he had had a heart attack in the recent past. Many unkind thoughts crossed my mind.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #42139
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:

Hitch

SHHHHH. If you are going to talk about that, do it out of earshot of the attorney! I want to be able to maintain plausible deniability!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #42140
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Interesting alternative plan there, Hitch.

(I gotta stop reading murder mysteries; I'm getting blood thirsty.)
Yeah, I realize that it may not have been the most discreet thing I've said in the last, oh, 3-4 decades or so....lol.

Quote:
LOL, unfortunately the canals here aren't that deep, one could tie him to something heavy, but they regularly drag the canals for bikes and appliances that have been thrown in the canal, so that wouldn't work either.

A while back we heard he had had a heart attack in the recent past. Many unkind thoughts crossed my mind.
Hmmmm...so, the canals are out. One of the great things about living in some of the places I've lived is, in Alaska, you could drop a body from a plane onto a glacier in the interior, and nobody would EVER find them; in the desert southwest of the US, man...we have tens of thousands of open miles, open desert, and the chances of a body being found in that is just...ain't happenin'.

I realize that not everyone is that lucky.

Lessee...Denmark, right? What about a day trip boat ride to the North Sea? Hmmmm.....

Hitch
Old 02-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #42141
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Yeah, I realize that it may not have been the most discreet thing I've said in the last, oh, 3-4 decades or so....lol.

Hmmmm...so, the canals are out. One of the great things about living in some of the places I've lived is, in Alaska, you could drop a body from a plane onto a glacier in the interior, and nobody would EVER find them; in the desert southwest of the US, man...we have tens of thousands of open miles, open desert, and the chances of a body being found in that is just...ain't happenin'.

I realize that not everyone is that lucky.

Lessee...Denmark, right? What about a day trip boat ride to the North Sea? Hmmmm.....

Hitch
I used the desert drop in one of my Red yarns. . . .As a persuader. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM   #42142
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=Hitch;3810826

Hitch[/QUOTE]

The Netherlands, so too crowded to hide a body for long. Unless you bury it in the foundations at a building site. And luck would have it that there are several big building sites in the near vicinity...
Old 02-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #42143
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
The Netherlands, so too crowded to hide a body for long. Unless you bury it in the foundations at a building site. And luck would have it that there are several big building sites in the near vicinity...
DUH, sorry, I knew that, too, it's right in your avvie. Dummy. For some reason, I was thinking of Toxaris, who's in Denmark.

Nonetheless...yup, that calls for a trip to the North Sea. Hell, it's not like it's far. Jump in, what's that Ijmeer? Put-put out past Den Oever, then take a hard turn west. Go out, say...50 miles, after you get past Texel? And Bob's yer uncle. Fish food.

Hitch
Old 02-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #42144
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
No, he's NOT supposed to bob. You need cement blocks to weight him down.

-- Chicago speaking
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #42145
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

-- Chicago speaking
Spoken like a true Chicagoan . . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #42146
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:

-- Chicago speaking
Slow-clap....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Spoken like a true Chicagoan . . .

Indeedy!

Hitch
Old 02-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #42147
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you for cheering my up yesterday.

As often is the case I feel down after a court decision. It was bordering on an anxiety attack, and since I've just managed to recover from a long, slow burning anxiety attack recently I didn't want to start over again.

But the banter cheered my right up, also watching a couple of Bob Ross videos helped I think.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #42148
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Bob Ross always helps.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #42149
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just had an American customer throw a temper tantrum because none of the light fixtures have an American plug. And that we don't stock 110 volt decorative light bulbs. She got personal and told me my cleavage was showing indecently (?!). I almost had to physically kick her out.

Luckily the weather's great and most customers are happy.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #42150
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at places for a city break in September. I feel like visiting the area where I went to university, Wolverhampton. So I'm looking at hotels in both Birmingham and Wolverhampton. I'll also need to research about travel cards for three days, I plan to spend five days and four nights, so I have three full days for traveling around the area.

Still, I'll wait with booking the trip until there's more clarity about how the Brexit is going to affect international traveling. If it gets too complicated or expensive I might revisit Dublin.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?