Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
Library path wrong - how to edit

I keep a few different libraries in Calibre (fiction, non-fiction, etc). Today I tried to copy a book from non-fiction to fiction and I couldn't do it. Error says path to fiction is gone. Calibre is using an old path. I keep all my books in Dropbox. How can I edit the incorrect path ???

Thanks.
Barbara
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD18 View Post
I keep a few different libraries in Calibre (fiction, non-fiction, etc). Today I tried to copy a book from non-fiction to fiction and I couldn't do it. Error says path to fiction is gone. Calibre is using an old path. I keep all my books in Dropbox. How can I edit the incorrect path ???

Thanks.
Barbara
2 steps
1)remove the old entry in the quick switch list. (this does not delete any library,only the link ) :
Click the Library Icon:Remove Librarythe bad one)

2)Add (the correct) Library:
Click the Library Icon: Create/Switch:Use Existing:<navigate to it>

BTW lost linkage can happen on/because of removable drives.

You can reserve a (pick an unique upper) letter for each removable drive. That letter will then be reused each connection, regardless of which port used
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert