Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #1051
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by comercializado View Post
I received the image, thank you. I already made the factory reset but when I open a book it is reinitialized (as if it was turned off in the switch off) and makes reading impossible.
I think something has been damaged, that's why I want to put a new image.

Is there a thread where I can see how I can make that change?
I'm not sure what you are saying. It sounds like the device is working and you have been through the setup. But, you have a problem when opening a book. Is that right? Or is the problem the second time you open a book?

Or have I got it completely wrong.

In any case, there isn't a specific thread for that. I would start your own and describe what is happening and the background.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #1052
gc200000
gc200000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Could also I please have the original glo image?
THX a lot!
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #1053
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:57 AM   #1054
biser
biser began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
img for kobo glo

i ned img for kobo glo n 613
please
Old 07-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #1055
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #1056
aoiob4305
aoiob4305 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
please, give me a kobo glo sd image.
thanks in advance
Old 07-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #1057
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #1058
noeru
noeru began at the beginning.

Hi,

I tryed saving the books on my kobo Glo (after a factory reset) by running a HDD recovery tool on it.

I managed to save the ebooks, but now the SD card is useless and I get the GREEN, BLUE, GREEN flashing lights and nothing ...

I would like to try loading a dumb on it. Anyone can help ?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #1059
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #1060
N87t
N87t began at the beginning.

Hi,

I'm trying to recover a bricked Glo. Already used a heat gun to reflow the storage, ram and controller chip when I found out this thing uses an SD card for its main storage. Only noticed when there wasn't any eMMC chip to unsolder ...

Anyway. perhaps the factory image will do the trick. Could you be so kind to send a download link?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #1061
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #1062
N87t
N87t began at the beginning.

Thanks for image .

Unfortunately there's no difference from before; blue led, then nothing. After one of the reflow sessions it did briefly show a green light, but it hasn't done so since.

Does this system need a battery attached or does it boot on USB-only?
Old 07-25-2018, 07:40 PM   #1063
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N87t View Post
Thanks for image .

Unfortunately there's no difference from before; blue led, then nothing. After one of the reflow sessions it did briefly show a green light, but it hasn't done so since.

Does this system need a battery attached or does it boot on USB-only?
To be honest, I suspect your attempts of reflow on a device that didn't need it probably broke it. Most of the Kobo devices that have an internal SD card will come good with the image and maybe a new card.

As to having the battery disconnected, I don't know. I don't think I've ever tried it. I'm sure it has been mentioned here, but I don't remember the details.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #1064
zaphodbeeb
zaphodbeeb began at the beginning.

I too am suffering from a bricked kobo glo. Could someone be so kind to send me a link to a firmware image?

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #1065
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread