Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 03:39 AM   #211
4rchibald
4rchibald began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have left it for charging for few hours and that didn't help.
I guess that extension of the partition is only required to increase space, but not needed to start the system, which I can't do.
I guess this device is dead.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #212
ghirk
ghirk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello !

My Kobo Glo won't boot.

I need Kobo Glo .img file

Anybody to send me PM with a link please ?

Thanks
Advert
Old 08-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #213
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #214
redlycan
redlycan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi Guys
New to this thread thing, so forgive me if not posted correctly. I too have a kobo Glo, the damn thing has gone into white screen mode and wont do anything else. I have tried all the resets but no luck. Can someone help with a link to reload the internal sd card's contents.

Thanks in advance

Old 08-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 08-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #217
kenny4rever
kenny4rever began at the beginning.

Hello everyone !

My Kobo Glo won't boot, too.

I need Kobo Glo .img file

Anybody to send me PM with a link please ?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 AM   #218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #219
mearow
mearow began at the beginning.

Hello,

My Kobo Glo 2GB gets stuck after a factory reset, it freezes in the middle of the sand timer animation. I thought I'd try installing a new SD card. Is it possible to put the image on a SD card using a Mac and it's Disk Utility app?

If not I can borrow a PC, could I get the link to the image I'll need? Thanks so much!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Sorry, I don't know how to do it on a Mac. I usually point people to Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. I think there is some discussion of using a Mac somewhere in the thread.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #221
Achimogata
Achimogata began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Hi David,
I'm looking for an image for my Kobo Glo HD once i have changed the screen, could you please send me a link as well ?
Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #222
mearow

Thank you David for the PM.

I tried to write the image using Mac's Disk Utility, both on the old SD card and a new SD card, but they both failed. So I used a PC. The image installed correctly. I just wasn't able to get my trusty Kobo to work with either SD card. It wanted to work, but kept freezing. So it must be a bigger problem than the SD card. I'm glad I tried tho.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achimogata View Post
Hi David,
I'm looking for an image for my Kobo Glo HD once i have changed the screen, could you please send me a link as well ?
PM sent in response to one of the other requests.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearow View Post
Thank you David for the PM.

I tried to write the image using Mac's Disk Utility, both on the old SD card and a new SD card, but they both failed. So I used a PC. The image installed correctly. I just wasn't able to get my trusty Kobo to work with either SD card. It wanted to work, but kept freezing. So it must be a bigger problem than the SD card. I'm glad I tried tho.
That sounds like it starts and then something happens? If so, try doing a factory reset using the buttons. There seems to be some issues after an image restore that a factory reset clears up.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #225
mearow

I got my Kobo used from eBay and used it daily for about 2 years. It started freezing during reading, say about 6 months ago. I'd do a soft (paperclip) reset to get it back. I recently synced to the Kobo app to get the latest update. Installed that and it seemed to work fine for a few days, then started freezing again.

When the paperclip reset stopped helping, I did a factory reset (light switch-slide on-wait till green blinks). That put it at factory setting so I had to go back to the Kobo app and reinstall user and all that. After it syncs, I'd eject it and let the update install. But it did not complete the update, it crashed.

I was never ever to get it going reliably after that. It would always freeze at some point in the process, requiring a factory reset, then back to Kobo app, then eject to let it install, and at some point (usually during the time glass animation) it would freeze again. So I suspected a corrupt SD card.

With the new SD card, I got it to load the home page. But it wouldn't recognize being plugged into a computer (could never get that little dialog box with "Connect" or "Cancel", so I couldn't sync or side load any books). I could load books thru the external SD card slot, but the Kobo would often crash opening a book. Wouldn't let me put it to sleep or shut it off, seemed to have a mind of it's own. Just non-responsive no matter what I tried to do. I tried factory resetting several times, never got things working right.

Tried unplugging and replugging the battery. Kept it plugged in to make sure it had battery power. When I did finally get to the home page, the battery read 100%, so it had plenty of juice. I suspect now some logic board issue.

It had a good run, I loved it to pieces. I'll go back to eBay to find a replacement, I really like the backlight and the SD slot, so probably will get the same exact model. (Plus I'm cheap, don't want to spend over $50)

Thanks for you help!
Closed Thread